Times Online Significant Others Q&A with Tom Felton

Felton Interviews
Posted by: Edward
December 18, 2009, 10:38 PM

Times Online has a fun and probing Q&A with actor Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) online tonight, in which he discusses the people in his life who have been most significant.  In the article, which can be read via this link, Mr. Felton speaks to the reactions of his friends to his work on the Harry Potter films, the sacrifices of his mother, support of his family, and more.  In regards to Harry Potter, the young actor says the following of director David Yates, who he lists as his most "Inspirational Director."  Quoteage:

My inspirational director
"David Yates [who directed the past three Harry Potter films] has this beautiful calmness and clarity about what he wants. I had no confidence in my ability to be an actor for the rest of my life, but he embedded a passion for film in me."
When speaking about his desire for acting, Mr. Felton relates:
"I have been acting since I was 9, but at that age you can’t go up to London on your own or agree to anything independently, so she was always with me. At one point I got a part that required filming in Malaysia for four months, so she had to give up her job to come with me. It didn’t mean anything to me at the time, but I hope that in years to come I can repay her."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Felton Interviews News

he’s wonderful, simply wonderful.

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on December 19, 2009, 09:22 PM report to moderator
2013-07-19_113504_thumb

He is a beautiful speaker!

Posted by Want to be a Weasley on December 20, 2009, 01:02 AM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

tom is rely sweet

Posted by alicia00 on December 20, 2009, 02:15 AM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

OMG! who couldnt love Tom Felton! he such a wonderful guy!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on December 20, 2009, 03:16 AM report to moderator
065_thumb

Tom is a very nice young man!

Posted by potterversefan on December 20, 2009, 06:21 AM report to moderator
Bildschirmfoto_2013-01-31_um_11

“I was the runt of the litter.”
lol

Posted by Spinner's End ^HISS^ (ITC) on December 20, 2009, 06:26 AM report to moderator
Iconator_7fa3cb670bce345350cd6832b9b7b562_thumb

Always love his interviews, love how he mentions his dog! :P

Posted by DracoRox *ROAR* on December 20, 2009, 06:34 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Tom is awsome!!

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on December 20, 2009, 09:27 AM report to moderator

Am I the only one who’s slightly disappointed that he talks about his girlfriend being his soulmate? Haha oh well.

Posted by KrysGrey on December 20, 2009, 09:47 AM report to moderator
Mcgonagalldh_thumb

Awww! If it wasn’t for Harry Potter, he wouldn’t have met his girlfriend. I guess that alone is reason for him to be glad he got the part of Draco!

Posted by iamminerva on December 20, 2009, 10:46 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

he is so nice!!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on December 20, 2009, 10:52 AM report to moderator
Eccleston_396x222_thumb

I love reading about Tom! This is a nice interview.

Posted by Owlpost Hedwig on December 20, 2009, 03:15 PM report to moderator
Epjpegutil31_thumb

Tom Felton sounds pretty grounded and he has a good sense of humour. I don’t think he will fall into the “child actor” pit with such a good family behind him.

Posted by Fresca ROAR on December 20, 2009, 03:26 PM report to moderator
Smile_from_the_inside__thumb

awe thats cute hes mother cared about him alot at least he is thankful now :)

Posted by taraa:) on December 20, 2009, 07:52 PM report to moderator
Clue_thumb

:) Brilliant interview!

Posted by InfiniteBoggarts on December 20, 2009, 09:40 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Who do you imagine wants to attack children like yourselves?" inquired Professor Umbridge in a horribly honeyed voice.[br]"Hmm, let's think..." said Harry in a mock thoughtful voice. "Maybe [i]Lord Voldemort?[/i]"