Half-Blood Prince Debuts at Top of DVD and BluRay Sales Charts

HBP Film
Posted by: Edward
December 17, 2009, 10:20 PM

The Hollywood Reporter is reporting the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince DVD garnered the top spot in Nielsen VideoScan's First Alert sales chart this week with a total of $302 million in sales.  First week sales of the sixth Potter film came in above the such releases as Public Enemies and Julie and Julia, which were ranked in second and third place, respectively.  The report goes on to note that the Blu-Ray editions of the sixth film consisted of "24% of its first-week sales," putting Half-Blood Prince atop Nielsen VideoScan Blu-ray Disc chart as well.  Finally, the sixth film placed second to the release of Public Enemies in the "Home Media Magazine's rental chart for the week ending Dec. 13."

Thanks to those who mailed!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Raven_avatar_thumb

Very nice…

Posted by Won_Two on December 19, 2009, 02:39 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

wow! I just got the blu-ray!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on December 19, 2009, 02:45 AM report to moderator
Ootp_tumblr_thumb

sweet! i’m hoping to get a ps3 for christmas, so i can watch blu ray, and get hbp combo pack. it’s going to be awesome! also, when i was at walmart, i saw hbp on regular dvd, and it came with a marauders map. i didn’t know you get that with the regular dvd!

Posted by hermy007 on December 19, 2009, 03:38 AM report to moderator
Marrow_normal_normal_small_thumb

And all the competition is meaning some seriously cheap prices, round my area anyway.

Posted by nellythemarrow on December 19, 2009, 05:13 AM report to moderator
Bogie_thumb

Edward, you misread the article in the Hollywood Reporter. No monetary figure has been released yet for the DVD sales for Half-Blood Prince. The $302 million is referring to U.S. box office totals.

Posted by katiebell1 on December 19, 2009, 05:17 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I must say that despite the popularity of this franchise I am astounded by the figures given for sales of the DVD.

Posted by Kirk on December 19, 2009, 05:20 AM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

wow i dident know that it was going to be soo big wow

Posted by alicia00 on December 19, 2009, 08:40 AM report to moderator

yep!! they deserve it!!! very good and hard working people!!!! luv the dvd btw. i got 1 two days ago

Posted by Narcissa Malfoy on December 19, 2009, 11:16 AM report to moderator
Picture_1_thumb

Psh of course!!!!

Posted by theREALGinnyWeasley on December 19, 2009, 11:46 AM report to moderator
Bildschirmfoto_2013-01-31_um_11

And I was part of that! So happy! ;-)

Posted by Spinner's End ^HISS^ (ITC) on December 19, 2009, 02:23 PM report to moderator

Shove that up your nose Twlighters !.Of couse Harry Potter tops the list…..Its the best !.I have a copy on DVD&Blueray and on Itunes so i can watch it anywhere.Love it!.

Posted by azna70 on December 19, 2009, 08:59 PM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

I just looked at the HBP movie today. I’m glad I have the movie, but my 19 yr old son and I were disappointed in the dreariness throughout the whole movie and the inability to see things and people due to the movie’s dark lighting. Color was practically void in the movie. I would’ve liked to have seen parts devoted to what actually happened and leave out what totally didn’t happen at all in the movie – like Bellatrix and her friends dropping in on the Weasleys.

Posted by molly43 on December 20, 2009, 07:19 AM report to moderator
Z_thumb

omgshh brilliant

Posted by chocolaterabbits on December 20, 2009, 08:07 AM report to moderator
1204091927_thumb

WOOT WOOT ; i got my copy in Blu-ray, though my Blu Ray player hasn’t arrived ! >.<

thank God for bonus packs and digital copies :D

Posted by Heroine Luna on December 20, 2009, 08:41 AM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

I have my copy too…well done HP!

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on December 20, 2009, 09:36 AM report to moderator

"Nobody in my family's magic at all, it was ever such a surprise when I got my letter, but I was ever so pleased, of course, I mean, it's the very best school of witchcraft there is, I've heard -- I've learned all our course books by heart, of course, I j