Half-Blood Prince Debuts at Top of DVD and BluRay Sales Charts

HBP Film
Posted by: Edward
December 17, 2009, 10:20 PM

The Hollywood Reporter is reporting the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince DVD garnered the top spot in Nielsen VideoScan's First Alert sales chart this week with a total of $302 million in sales.  First week sales of the sixth Potter film came in above the such releases as Public Enemies and Julie and Julia, which were ranked in second and third place, respectively.  The report goes on to note that the Blu-Ray editions of the sixth film consisted of "24% of its first-week sales," putting Half-Blood Prince atop Nielsen VideoScan Blu-ray Disc chart as well.  Finally, the sixth film placed second to the release of Public Enemies in the "Home Media Magazine's rental chart for the week ending Dec. 13."

Thanks to those who mailed!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Cryonmyshoulder2_thumb

Hell yes!

Posted by kingdomkey1121 on December 17, 2009, 11:07 PM report to moderator
Earthforeverava_thumb

I bought the blu-ray disc edition, so I’m happy that HBP is number one. Yay!

Posted by leigia on December 18, 2009, 04:42 AM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Yay for HBP :)

Posted by Christine on December 18, 2009, 07:44 AM report to moderator
Malfoy_avatar_thumb

I got the combo pack and watched the DVD. The Bluray disk has all of the cool extras but I have to wait until Christmas when I get my bluray player to watch those. (Shh. I’m not supposed to know about it).

Posted by Hydrus on December 18, 2009, 11:54 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

GO HBP!!!!

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on December 18, 2009, 01:15 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Squee for HBP!!! I bought it in Blu-Ray this time and hopefully will get a Blue-Ray player to watch it in High Def this Christmas. I have already watched the movie like 20 time, I swear! haha

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on December 18, 2009, 02:22 PM report to moderator
Normal_hp_actors_thumb

Good Job.

Posted by CandyCane2304 on December 18, 2009, 03:01 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

yayy

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on December 18, 2009, 03:26 PM report to moderator
Muggleplease_thumb

Hmmmm… Let’s see. Add $300 million to the $900 million it had already grossed, and, gasp! Look at that! HBP has grossed well over a billion dollars! We HP fans never dissapoint…

Posted by acciodee! [WBM!] on December 18, 2009, 03:35 PM report to moderator
Picture1_thumb

Woot! I bought the DVD for my sister for Christmas just a few days ago. Can’t wait til Christmas so we can watch it together again.

Posted by blue4t on December 18, 2009, 03:45 PM report to moderator
Me_thumb

as expected… as all the copies are sold out here in the philippines…

Posted by alegria35 on December 18, 2009, 04:24 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

aqsome!!

Posted by The Nerd on December 18, 2009, 05:17 PM report to moderator
Photo-0024_thumb

yayy finally hbp passed 1 bilion.

Posted by Macedonian on December 18, 2009, 09:08 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

awesome!!! yeah i went to target and copides were almost out after the first day! of all additions, 2 disc digital download, normal widescreen,, full screen and all of the abouve in Blue-ray as well!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on December 18, 2009, 10:32 PM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

WOOT! Got my copy … but I’m supposed to wait for Xmas to get it. As if!

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"What made you think he'd really stopped supporting Voldemort, Professor?"[br]Dumbledore held Harry's gaze for a few seconds, and then said, "That, Harry, is a matter between Professor Snape and myself."