New Feature on LEGO Harry Potter Video Game

Video Games
December 16, 2009, 01:23 PM

The upcoming LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 game is featured in the new issue of Game Informer magazine and contains many new photos and information about the video game which is due out next year. In scans you can see here (1, 2, 3, 4, 5), we learn that you will play through each of the years separately (SS, CoS, PoA and GoF) but that you can bring a character forward to a different year, for example Quirrell can go into year 3 (PoA).  We also learn certain characters are not as good as others, as the magazine notes "Harry, for example is excellent at flying broomsticks, but when Hermione learns to fly, she spends half her time hanging underneath the broom!"

The magazine also confirms that players will be able to collect special things during the course of the game and be able to play as over 100 characters from the world of Harry Potter including a LEGO Fang. As a reminder you can see the newest trailer for the game right here in our galleries, with the official game website found at this link and pre-orders available in our Cauldron Shop. Finally, fans will be able to see a new ad for the video game as contained in the new box set of Harry Potter DVDS 1-6, as seen right here. Latest reports still have this game set for a March, 2010 release.

Thanks so much Bobby!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Video Games News

Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

First! First time I ever was 1st!

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on December 17, 2009, 06:30 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

Aaaaw :) The cutes!! I love the one with Ron, Harry and the Mandrake :)

Posted by Beazy :) (Formerly: MidnightSun321 ) {!!ROAR!!} on December 17, 2009, 06:36 AM report to moderator
Untitled_thumb

I have the original game and i loved it…..this one looks tonnes better..im so excited! I wish they’d carried on with the actual lego though :(

Posted by TheGriff [ROAR!] on December 17, 2009, 07:31 AM report to moderator
Normal_books_chapterart_dh_017_thumb

I can’t wait for this game. My fiance and I will have to get a copy for each platform we have.

Posted by wslayher on December 17, 2009, 07:33 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

I see the still unfixed time stamp continues to mess with the first posters… I can’t believe it’s been 2 months of this nonsense!

Posted by Won_Two on December 17, 2009, 07:36 AM report to moderator

i just wish they weren’t legos.. nevertheless, the game sounds fantastic!

Posted by murrdith on December 17, 2009, 07:50 AM report to moderator
Picture_057_thumb

the Lego games are genius. the best part is when you get to build stuff out of things you shoot, or in this case, bombarda maxima? I’m glad they designed it like the star wars complete saga lego game where you can choose which episode you want to play through.

Posted by abandonedboyjon on December 17, 2009, 08:00 AM report to moderator
Leaky_ron_icon_thumb
20305 Points

Sue hasn’t played lego games alot, has she? This is fairly ordanary for the lego games… not any less awesome though!

Posted by friendofblob on December 17, 2009, 08:37 AM report to moderator
Hp__neville__s_patronus_by_pen_umbra_thumb

I am WAY too old for these games, but this looks SERIOUSLY fun.

Posted by All Was Well on December 17, 2009, 09:56 AM report to moderator
Me3_thumb

Lego Fang!!!! hahaha awesome!

Posted by Horcrux~Noctus~ on December 17, 2009, 11:22 AM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

it’s so cute! :D

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on December 17, 2009, 11:56 AM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

looks totally awesome but its not going to fool my parents into getting it for me when i already have the EA game! :(

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on December 17, 2009, 12:40 PM report to moderator
Normal_dh_stills_0001_thumb

oooh i’m for sure buying that game. and probably end up playing it over and over again.

Posted by HPandtheDA007 on December 17, 2009, 01:01 PM report to moderator

I saw the article a couple days ago when I got my copy of the magazine. I flipped though it, saw the article, and went nuts over it. My mom gave me weird looks because I was making these odd noises, but once I showed it to her, she understood.
I also saw this for pre-order on the Gamestop website about a month ago and I got really exited when I saw the ship date of 3/1/2010. That means it should be out in time for my birthday!

Posted by Ayumi on December 17, 2009, 01:33 PM report to moderator

It looks good, but probably expensive. At first at least.

Posted by Padfoot on December 17, 2009, 01:49 PM report to moderator

...no sooner had the door swung shut behind them than they heard a familiar voice issuing from behind a rack of dress robes in spangled green and blue.[br]"...not a child, in case you haven't noticed, Mother. I am perfectly capable of doing my shopping [i