Tom Felton and Bonnie Wright to Attend Harry Potter Theme Park in May

HP Cast
December 13, 2009, 03:50 PM

The December issue of The Magazine from Canada contains new interviews with Tom Felton (Draco), Bonnie Wright (Ginny), James and Oliver Phelps (Gred & Forge), Jessie Cave (Lavender) and Dave Legeno (Fenrir) as part of the promotion for the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince DVD. During the interview, they are asked about the upcoming Wizarding World of Harry Potter Theme Park currently under construction at Universal Orlando, Florida. The answers were as follows:

T(Tom Felton): We are going there in May?
B (Bonnie Wright): We're looking forward very much to seeing what that's all about...They're making it so as a fan of the book, I'm intrigued to go down and see it... I think it's the idea that it's not like when you go to Disney and you can get Mickey Mouse...they're just having wizards and dragons and more of the generic experience."

Please note: While this is not specific confirmation of an opening date for the theme park, this is the second time now we've heard the month of May as a time frame for the park to be opened (as opposed to the standard "Spring" of 2010). You can see the entire scans of the interview here at Snitchseeker.

Thanks much to SS for emailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HP Cast News

Ew_thumb

I was so hoping it would be in April for Spring Break… I wonder if the Trio (Daniel, Rupert, and Emma) will all visit the park during the opening! Maybe they’ll sign autographs!!!!!!!

Posted by jennypuppy3 on December 17, 2009, 01:06 AM report to moderator
282337_f260_thumb

I can wait…my family visits Florida every year almost…we go to the parks. We are going to universal in a few weeks…should see the construction myself! And next year we will probably go to Florida, by the time the park is open! I’d rather not be there opening days, too much mayhem!

Posted by PensievePlotter on December 17, 2009, 04:50 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

Oooh :)

Posted by Beazy :) (Formerly: MidnightSun321 ) {!!ROAR!!} on December 17, 2009, 11:12 AM report to moderator
Myleaky_thumb

I bet it opens on May 2 (the anniversary of the Battle of Hogwarts)

Posted by Alicat0222 on December 17, 2009, 01:07 PM report to moderator
1219091947-00_thumb

I asked to go when it opened. Sadly i went last may so I’m not allowed until may 2011. But then I think i’m going somewhere else.

Posted by emilyelizabethx on December 20, 2009, 03:06 PM report to moderator