Tom Felton and Bonnie Wright to Attend Harry Potter Theme Park in May

HP Cast
December 13, 2009, 03:50 PM

The December issue of The Magazine from Canada contains new interviews with Tom Felton (Draco), Bonnie Wright (Ginny), James and Oliver Phelps (Gred & Forge), Jessie Cave (Lavender) and Dave Legeno (Fenrir) as part of the promotion for the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince DVD. During the interview, they are asked about the upcoming Wizarding World of Harry Potter Theme Park currently under construction at Universal Orlando, Florida. The answers were as follows:

T(Tom Felton): We are going there in May?
B (Bonnie Wright): We're looking forward very much to seeing what that's all about...They're making it so as a fan of the book, I'm intrigued to go down and see it... I think it's the idea that it's not like when you go to Disney and you can get Mickey Mouse...they're just having wizards and dragons and more of the generic experience."

Please note: While this is not specific confirmation of an opening date for the theme park, this is the second time now we've heard the month of May as a time frame for the park to be opened (as opposed to the standard "Spring" of 2010). You can see the entire scans of the interview here at Snitchseeker.

Thanks much to SS for emailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HP Cast News

Img_2315_face0_thumb

Great… may….
=)

Posted by Nicci Weasley on December 13, 2009, 03:56 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

I will be there!

Posted by Won_Two on December 13, 2009, 03:59 PM report to moderator
Me3_thumb

I hope there is a candy shop :) :)

Posted by Horcrux~Noctus~ on December 13, 2009, 04:16 PM report to moderator
Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

so sooooo cool!!! =D

Ron1_thumb

Yay!

Posted by Christine on December 13, 2009, 05:21 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I cannot wait to see the final park.

Posted by Kirk on December 13, 2009, 05:31 PM report to moderator
Iconator_4a84e48cd91bc7150c419e167949a783_thumb

hoping i can find at least one friend to go down there in may with me!

Posted by cosmo409 on December 13, 2009, 05:39 PM report to moderator
Normal_quilting_wizardsandwitches_characters_hogwartsstudents_harrypotter_harrysscar_jenniferofenstein_ofenjen_thumb

CANNOT WAIT! May needs to hurry up!!

Posted by uknowho on December 13, 2009, 07:11 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

sounds awsome!!

Posted by The Nerd on December 13, 2009, 07:43 PM report to moderator
Image_thumb

Generic experience? I’m not fond of that definition…

Posted by Smitch on December 13, 2009, 08:06 PM report to moderator

I wish I could be there in May! My friend and I are trying desperately to save up money to go.

Posted by aj_ellybean on December 13, 2009, 09:18 PM report to moderator
Me_at_hogwarts_thumb

omg cant wait!! i am soo going!!! may couldnt come fast enough!

Posted by ProfessorAlice on December 13, 2009, 09:59 PM report to moderator
Dobby-172898_thumb

I’m actually subscribed to the magazine so I saw the interviews.

Posted by DobbysSocks on December 13, 2009, 10:28 PM report to moderator

Maybe there are reports of different dates (recently April or May) because they may do a soft opening a few weeks before time. I know Disney does this with there attractions. They will open the ride about a month early but only allow Florida residents with annual pass go on the ride early. Annual pass holders get notified by mail and e-mail that a ride is opening and are told the soft opening dates which tend to be 2-4 weeks before it opens to the public. After the ride they then stop some people to ask about the ride experience to see if there is some tweaking to do. I am not sure if Universal also does this too. I have never had a FL residence pass for Universal but I intend to buy one for 2010.

Posted by mlc on December 13, 2009, 10:36 PM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

Oh another interview.

I guess i have to wait till Leakycon :p

Posted by Mr. Brightside on December 14, 2009, 08:33 AM report to moderator

"[Honeydukes has] [i]everything[/i].... Pepper Imps -- they make you smoke at the mouth -- and great fat Chocoballs full of strawberry mousse and clotted cream, and really excellent sugar quills, which you can suck in class and just look like you're think

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014