Reminder: Live Blu-Ray Community Screening of Half-Blood Prince with Dan Radcliffe Today

Home Video / DVD
December 12, 2009, 02:15 PM

UPDATE: Folllow our Twitter for live updates from screening!

A reminder again that today at 3:00pm Eastern (soon!) actor Dan Radcliffe (Harry) and director David Yates will be taking part in a BD- Live community screening via your Blu-ray copy of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. There are still plenty of spots open and you can still register right here at this link. Registration closes at 2:45pm (eastern).

• Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince on Blu-ray Disc
  • A Blu-ray Player that supports BD-Live**
  • Your Blu-ray Player must be connected to the Internet**
  • A computer connected to the Internet (to ask questions)
If you are participating in the screening, please feel free to leave a comment below regarding your thoughts and reactions to watching the sixth Harry Potter film with Dan Radcliffe and David Yates in what is sure to be a very cool event. Enjoy@

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Home Video / DVD News

i can’t wait to see it again

Posted by johndeeregirl12 on December 12, 2009, 02:28 PM report to moderator

OMG it is oooon! they just started :D i’m so excited :D

Posted by Bella Longbottom on December 12, 2009, 03:05 PM report to moderator
Hp_thumb

mine won’t connect, i’m so bummed!

Posted by shayshay on December 12, 2009, 03:15 PM report to moderator

I was able to connect, but for the first 10 minutes or so I had no picture, just a black background and the screening audio and text. (The text is lagging the audio, I guess because of the need for the transcriber.) After restarting the DB I got the picture, and it started the BD to sync with the screening. However, despite the info provided before the screening, the pop-up button is doing nothing, so I’m hearing the screening audio and the movie audio, which makes both a little hard to follow.

Posted by zoltan42 on December 12, 2009, 03:35 PM report to moderator

The WB FAQ stated that to get the button to change the audio, clear the BD-Live storage. That was a mistake. I’m back to no movie picture, just the screening audio and text.

Posted by zoltan42 on December 12, 2009, 03:54 PM report to moderator

After re-re-re-starting I’m finally back to the picture synced to the screening audio, but still no pop-up. This time I’m leaving it alone.

Posted by zoltan42 on December 12, 2009, 04:13 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

sigh. if only. lol

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on December 12, 2009, 04:14 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Poo… I have Green-Ray, not Blu-Ray…

Posted by Won_Two on December 12, 2009, 04:50 PM report to moderator
Picture_1_thumb

That. Was. Amazing

Posted by theREALGinnyWeasley on December 12, 2009, 05:17 PM report to moderator
_r9kau7w_thumb

gahhh i dont have a blu-ray player. lamee.

Posted by Nealie Zealbie on December 12, 2009, 06:01 PM report to moderator
Thecave_thumb

I watched the entire thing. I thought it was very cool for Dan and David Barron to do this. I’m not sure why some questions were selected over others (Yes, Hogwarts does NOT exist) or why some people had multiple questions answered, but we learned a couple of things, such as Barron confirmed that the epilogue will contain the current actors. That’s really the only DH info we heard. We also learned than Dan improvised a fair amount of the Felix Felicis scene. Basically everything else was stuff most Leaky fans already knew, or were questions about Dan’s favorite foods.

Posted by mollywobble on December 12, 2009, 06:05 PM report to moderator
Is22581022_thumb

During the screening while talking about Michael Gambon, Dan almost started talking about the King’s Cross scene which they haven’t filmed yet but David Baron had him keep quiet about. It was pretty funny.

Posted by YodatheHobbit on December 12, 2009, 06:15 PM report to moderator

I also liked the explanation they gave for Harry not being petrified in the Astronomy Tower while Dumbledore is being murdered. It actually made sense. It keeps with the team of choice and faith through the series.

Posted by Count Westwest on December 12, 2009, 06:17 PM report to moderator
Img_3265_thumb

Did anyone happen to record this for those of us who don’t have a blu-ray?

Posted by Alli on December 12, 2009, 06:50 PM report to moderator
Bl_de_gesichter_4_thumb

I submitted the question about the recycled music from OotP, but I didn’t get an answer. Apparently, all criticism has been filtered out by the moderaters of the event.

Posted by Martok on December 13, 2009, 04:49 AM report to moderator

"Tell yeh what, I'll get yer animal. Not a toad, toads went outta fashion years ago, yeh'd be laughed at -- an' I don' like cats, they make me sneeze. I'll get yer an owl. All the kids want owls, they're dead useful, carry yer mail an' everythin'"