New Profile of Bonnie Wright

Wright
December 12, 2009, 07:55 PM

The Mail on Sunday has a new feature online tonight with actress Bonnie Wright. In this lengthy profile which contains several new photos, Bonnie reflects on growing up during her years with the Harry Potter series as Ginny Weasley, as well life at University, her work with fashion and much more. During the interview (more photos found here courtesy of Magical Menagerie), Bonnie speaks to the now famous kiss between Harry (Dan Radcliffe) and Ginny in Half-Blood Prince where she says:

‘The way it was done was very romantic,’ she says of that kiss. ‘Daniel [Radcliffe] and I have always been good friends, which I think worked in our favour. It’s the only love scene I’ve filmed, but I imagine if you had to do one with some random person that you had no relationship with, it would feel very strange. 'It makes the on-screen relationship make more sense – this idea that we’ve known each other, and in a sense grown up together, off-screen as well as on. Dan is so energetic and really good fun, and the way he works is extremely professional.’ My character initiates the kiss,’ she says, ‘which is great because it gives this power to girls and shows that it’s OK to be the one who makes the approach.’
As to the development of Ginny in the last film, Bonnie noted: ‘Well, it’s hard to know if what she’s seen on the screen has influenced the storyline,’ she says modestly, ‘but I’m thrilled that I’ve been given the chance to sink my teeth in and show what I can do. I felt, in the last one, as though I really got to create something worthwhile.’ And so did the critics, who lauded her breakout performance. The interview also covers her love of fashion and her involvement in the Made-by project and sums up with her thoughts on the upcoming Deathly Hallows:

‘When I read the book, I was shocked that my character had turned into something so big,’ she says.Bonnie admits to feeling wistful as the end draws near (they wrap next June). ‘We’ve been so busy filming it that there hasn’t really been time to think about the fact that this is the last one. It will be very strange when it’s over and very sad. I don’t think any of us thought about it until the recent press promotion, when people started saying,  “The end is near.” And we were, like, “It is?”  When we’re filming you forget about the millions of people waiting for it to come out. And then when you turn up at a premiere and see thousands of people, you go, “Whoa!”’

But I sense real excitement in Bonnie about leaving her alter ego Ginny Weasley behind and moving on. It’s only too easy to imagine her as a leading light in arty independent films.‘I know what Ginny would do in every situation, and relate to her because we’ve both got older brothers,’ she says. ‘But I think all of us who’ve been there from the beginning have got to the point where we want to do something different, be someone different.‘People always ask, “Is this going to be the biggest thing in your career?” And while I don’t think there’s ever been anything like Harry Potter, that’s gone on for so long and maintained its popularity, I think the answer – for me and for all of us – is that more challenging

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Wright News

Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

Bonnie si just a beartuiful person.

Posted by The Nerd on December 12, 2009, 08:44 PM report to moderator

I don’t want it to end either!….

Posted by johndeeregirl12 on December 12, 2009, 09:09 PM report to moderator
149638_103433969730594_2631787_n_thumb

Very Nice Interview Bonnie!!!

I loved how your character developed in the book.

Posted by sessionka oom4 CW on December 12, 2009, 09:30 PM report to moderator
Xz5jc2nr_thumb
22044 Points

=)

Img_44501_thumb

nice. :] hooray for bonnie!

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on December 13, 2009, 12:14 AM report to moderator
Me3_thumb

She is so beautiful it almost hurts :)

Posted by Horcrux~Noctus~ on December 13, 2009, 03:32 AM report to moderator

… She was shocked Ginny was so big in DH? Really?? That makes me a little sad.

Posted by WickedLoz on December 13, 2009, 05:29 AM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

wow the pics are verry cool awesome

Posted by alicia00 on December 13, 2009, 08:01 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

I like bonnie but I hated the kiss scene.

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on December 13, 2009, 08:48 AM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

Love the pics…Bonnie is very beautiful.

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on December 13, 2009, 11:46 AM report to moderator
9407947_thumb

What a wonderful article! I can believe that Bonnie has charmed the reporter. She is so mature and stylish for her age and it has been a pleasure to see her mature all these years! Go Bonnie, yay team BONNIE!

Posted by sidnandragin on December 13, 2009, 12:20 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

What a fantastic in-depth interview that was! I look forward to seeing her perform as Ginny in the remaining two films and hope that her character finishes her role in this franchise with poignancy and grace.

Posted by Kirk on December 13, 2009, 12:35 PM report to moderator
Keep_calm_hrh2_thumb

Very nice interview. I love her as Ginny!

Posted by tinagin [ROAR]! on December 13, 2009, 12:45 PM report to moderator
Iconator_4a84e48cd91bc7150c419e167949a783_thumb

Bonnie is so lovely and elegant!

Posted by cosmo409 on December 13, 2009, 04:07 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Bonnie has grown up !

Posted by Won_Two on December 13, 2009, 04:08 PM report to moderator

The Dursleys had everything they wanted, but they also had a secret, and their greatest fear was that somebody would discover it. They didn't think they could bear it if anyone found out about the Potters.