Scholastic.com Interview with Bonnie Wright and Tom Felton

HP Cast
December 10, 2009, 01:26 PM

Scholastic.com has a new interview online today with Bonnie Wright (Ginny Weasley) and Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy.) In this interview they discuss a variety of topics including  their thoughts on Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling, scenes from the books they wish had been filmed and the final Harry Potter novel. Quotes of interest:

Q: Are you both happy about the way your parts got more important in the last book?
Bonnie: Yeah I definitely was happy where J.K. Rowling took the character of Ginny. I think if we were all told at the first film where our characters would end up, I don't think any of us would have imagined. It's just really enjoyable and sort of unnerving at the beginning when you do read the last book.
Tom: Seriously. When that came out I was like, I'm not going to read it. I'm going to wait for the script. I don't want to be reading bits in the book and thinking I can't wait to do that and then find out it's not going to be featured. And that lasted about an hour, and within it being released in a day I read the whole thing!

Q: Is there any particular scene from any of the books that you wish you could have filmed but wasn't filmed?
Tom:
They cut out actually very little. There was a thing in the second film where Jason [Lucius Malfoy] and I did a scene at Borgin and Burkes and it was the first time that it was father and son together. And that answered a lot to me why Draco is like that. Unfortunately it was never featured in the film. It was on the DVD as a deleted scene, so I got to watch it, which was cool. But no, everything else we've shot. Especially on these last two [films]. Everything — when I read the book I thought, “I can't wait to shoot that.” It's all there, so we're very excited

Q: How would you describe J.K. Rowling?
Bonnie: I always find it so surreal meeting her. This whole world literally is because of one person.
Tom: She's a very unassuming down-to-earth lady, the most lovely lady. I was always taken away by how genuine she seemed, and how unaffected by the fact that she's probably the world's biggest author.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HP Cast News

Boris_thumb

haha soo i kind of like it actually. they seem cool =]

Posted by leahjeanne on December 11, 2009, 09:18 AM report to moderator
Animation_thumb

i love tom

Posted by lilmisssnape on December 11, 2009, 09:33 AM report to moderator
Cryonmyshoulder2_thumb

I’m glad to hear almost nothing was cut out of DH, so far :D

Posted by kingdomkey1121 on December 11, 2009, 09:52 AM report to moderator
Me_at_hogwarts_thumb

Bonnie is so right! JKR changed the world :)

Posted by ProfessorAlice on December 11, 2009, 10:06 AM report to moderator
Picture_324_thumb

All these nostalgic “we’re near the end” interviews are making me sad.

Posted by Scribbled [WBM] on December 11, 2009, 10:49 AM report to moderator
9407947_thumb

I love the question to Bonnie about being nervous in kissing with Dan. Tom made my day when he said “I think Dan was nervous”… I really enjoyed the interview. Bonnie and Tom are brilliant in their responses and so mature. It is always great that the two are doing all they can for the HP fans. Yay, Bonnie!

Posted by sidnandragin on December 11, 2009, 04:44 PM report to moderator
Phelpstwins_thumb

A: Absolutely not, I wish my character had vanished into obscurity!

…seriously, aren’t these people professionals? They can’t come up with anything better to ask than that?!

Posted by deadtree ♥WBM♥ on December 11, 2009, 07:11 PM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

@deadtree, Lol at the question!

I wish the reporters would ask more interesting questions too. We’ve all heard most of these questions in other interviews.

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on December 12, 2009, 02:33 AM report to moderator
Me_desirable_1_thumb

I’m glad to hear almost nothing was cut out of DH so far; Thanks for the interview Leaky!!!

Posted by paul_hp_fan [OoM2] *ROAR* on December 12, 2009, 06:20 AM report to moderator
Me3_thumb

I agree with john-robert, aside from the triple pos t :p Always nice to hear any new though, thanks leaky!

Posted by Horcrux~Noctus~ on December 12, 2009, 08:52 AM report to moderator
Bildschirmfoto_2013-01-31_um_11

Loved it. Tom actually talked about doing this interview on Twitter. God, I love the internet. ;-)

Posted by Spinner's End ^HISS^ (ITC) on December 13, 2009, 07:06 AM report to moderator
2d8jjls_thumb

AWESOME interview!!!
that part about the guy who wanted to adopt Tom was HILARIOUS :) LOL

Posted by jasmineflower27 on December 13, 2009, 07:45 AM report to moderator
Earthforeverava_thumb

It seemed so easy to not separate the differences between the books and the movies. It would be great if both were the same, alas it cannot be. I enjoy the books and movies together as a whole as well as separately. Enjoyed all the interviews so far. I’m sure there will be lots more to come, especially with the end coming.

Posted by leigia on December 13, 2009, 08:02 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Cool!!!

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on December 13, 2009, 08:22 AM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2011-08-05_at_5

tom seems really funny

Posted by Sirius17 -ROAR_ on December 13, 2009, 07:10 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Grawp's about sixteen feet tall, enjoys ripping up twenty-foot pine trees, and knows me," she snorted, "as [i]Hermy.[/i]"