Scholastic.com Interview with Bonnie Wright and Tom Felton

HP Cast
December 10, 2009, 01:26 PM

Scholastic.com has a new interview online today with Bonnie Wright (Ginny Weasley) and Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy.) In this interview they discuss a variety of topics including  their thoughts on Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling, scenes from the books they wish had been filmed and the final Harry Potter novel. Quotes of interest:

Q: Are you both happy about the way your parts got more important in the last book?
Bonnie: Yeah I definitely was happy where J.K. Rowling took the character of Ginny. I think if we were all told at the first film where our characters would end up, I don't think any of us would have imagined. It's just really enjoyable and sort of unnerving at the beginning when you do read the last book.
Tom: Seriously. When that came out I was like, I'm not going to read it. I'm going to wait for the script. I don't want to be reading bits in the book and thinking I can't wait to do that and then find out it's not going to be featured. And that lasted about an hour, and within it being released in a day I read the whole thing!

Q: Is there any particular scene from any of the books that you wish you could have filmed but wasn't filmed?
Tom:
They cut out actually very little. There was a thing in the second film where Jason [Lucius Malfoy] and I did a scene at Borgin and Burkes and it was the first time that it was father and son together. And that answered a lot to me why Draco is like that. Unfortunately it was never featured in the film. It was on the DVD as a deleted scene, so I got to watch it, which was cool. But no, everything else we've shot. Especially on these last two [films]. Everything — when I read the book I thought, “I can't wait to shoot that.” It's all there, so we're very excited

Q: How would you describe J.K. Rowling?
Bonnie: I always find it so surreal meeting her. This whole world literally is because of one person.
Tom: She's a very unassuming down-to-earth lady, the most lovely lady. I was always taken away by how genuine she seemed, and how unaffected by the fact that she's probably the world's biggest author.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HP Cast News

81a2a68c-80dd-4736-afcf-462c768b891e_1__thumb

“World’s biggest author”? Did Tom just call Jo “fat”?

Posted by sushovande on December 10, 2009, 01:38 PM report to moderator
Normal_hp_actors_thumb

That was okay,nothing really new. :/

Posted by CandyCane2304 on December 10, 2009, 01:38 PM report to moderator
Copy_of_hit_dat_thumb

Good read. It’s nice to know that they won’t be cutting out too much from the books :)

Posted by Inzainiac on December 10, 2009, 02:03 PM report to moderator
Photo_thumb

Tom Felton seems awesome.

Posted by Potions_TA on December 10, 2009, 02:21 PM report to moderator
Hp_buddyicons_caught_bellamlfy_96x96_129322477441953550_thumb

i love Tom and the fact that he is such a prick in the movies but such a funny person in real life

Posted by HalfBloodPrincesss (Jenna Evans) on December 10, 2009, 02:54 PM report to moderator
Hp83_thumb

lmao sushovande XD
i agree with you All Was Well, tom does play draco perfectly, although as halfbloodprincesss (Jenna Evans) said, he seems really funny in real life, and very nice ♥

Posted by TomFeltonLuvr on December 10, 2009, 03:31 PM report to moderator

They always seem so up beat.

Posted by azna70 on December 10, 2009, 03:52 PM report to moderator
Me_thumb

A good interview. Thanks leaky..

Posted by alegria35 on December 10, 2009, 04:45 PM report to moderator

ok…
if i got the chance to sit down with these guys. i would ask them questions that people actually cared about.
this, “do you like your character” is getting so boring.

Posted by john-robert. on December 10, 2009, 05:06 PM report to moderator

ok…
this, “do you like your character” is getting so boring.

Posted by john-robert. on December 10, 2009, 05:06 PM report to moderator

ok…
this, “do you like your character” is getting so boring.

Posted by john-robert. on December 10, 2009, 05:06 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

very nice interview! they are both very gracious.

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on December 10, 2009, 05:22 PM report to moderator
Water_lilies_thumb

Good for them! I hope we will see more of them, especially Tom Felton, in this next movie.

Posted by sgreeter8888 on December 10, 2009, 05:54 PM report to moderator
Normal_hbpnycprem5_thumb

She asked if Bonnie was dating James Phelps?? Wow, that came out of the blue för me. I never heard anything of that sorts. But I have heard a rumor of her and Tom though strangely enough.

Posted by silver_lining on December 10, 2009, 05:57 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Gotta love Tom!!!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on December 10, 2009, 06:33 PM report to moderator

He was bearing down on Harry like a great bulldog, all his teeth bared. "Well, I've got news for you, boy.... I'm locking you up.... You're never going back to that school... never... and if you try and magic yourself out -- they'll expel you!"[br]And lau