First Official Photo from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Plus New Video Interviews

DH Film
December 01, 2009, 06:18 AM

UPDATE: Here it is in glorious High Res, thanks to WB.

December kicks off in fine style as USA Today has the first official photo from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (or right here in our image galleries.) Readers will recall this scene was shot in London, England last April as you can see right here from this location photo. The USA Today article has several new quotes from actor Rupert Grint, who speaks about Ron Weasley, Harry Potter (Dan Radcliffe) and Hermione (Emma Watson) during the course of the films:

"They're paranoid," says Grint. "It's quite a scary world because the Snatchers and Death Eaters are running around everywhere. Harry, Ron and Hermione are just camping out in random places, living rough, in regular clothes." Snatchers and Death Eaters are minions of the evil Lord Voldemort (Ralph Fiennes).

Grint adds, grinning: "Me and Dan actually have some stubble." His facial hair served as a kind of invisibility cloak for the lanky, redheaded Grint, who went unrecognized by fans recently while on location in the Welsh countryside. Dubbed a "road movie" by producer David Heyman, Hallows was envisioned by director David Yates as more grounded in reality than the previous Potter movies."

In addition, the BBC has new interviews with the cast including Dan Radcliffe and Bonnie Wright (Ginny), who address life after the Harry Potter series has concluded. You can also watch a nice long interview with Dan Radcliffe and Rupert Grint right here, (or available here in our galleries) plus see the interview with Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) with the BBC here at this link (or here in our video galleries). Producer David Heyman also weighs in on their future:

David Heyman, who has produced all of the Harry Potter films, is confident that the global stars that he's helped create will go on to further success."They've had a good structure here and at home, they are pretty solid kids," he says. "They are going to go and have great fun - they are going to have great success. I'm sure they will thrive."

He adds: "I think they all know I'm here to support them, and if they ever want a chat I'll be there for them. "Ultimately they've got to leave the fold and take flight - and I know they will."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Hp___dh_40_thumb

so awesome : )

Posted by iheartpink(ROAR) on December 02, 2009, 09:29 AM report to moderator
Picture_324_thumb

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am speechless. I can’t believe this day has finally come……..

Posted by Scribbled [WBM] on December 02, 2009, 11:11 AM report to moderator
Dscn0187_thumb

I wonder what they are looking at? Hermione looks kind of horrified.

Posted by Laura Keaton [WBM!] on December 02, 2009, 11:30 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_l15yftnpua1qad5emo1_500_thumb

Oh, gods, Deathly Hallows…

Posted by Little Light ^HISS^ on December 02, 2009, 11:44 AM report to moderator
Iconator_4a84e48cd91bc7150c419e167949a783_thumb

SQUEE.SQUEE.SQUEE.

only because this means that we will start to get more picures, footage, information….and then a trailer! also, why do Hermione and Ron have scratches on their faces and Harry doesn’t?

Posted by cosmo409 on December 02, 2009, 12:50 PM report to moderator
Hpim0307_thumb

I’m way too excited. :P

Posted by Aga Veneficus on December 02, 2009, 01:27 PM report to moderator
The_one__colored_by_burdge_bug_thumb

what is with dan’s clothes and most imprtantly that dreadful hair!!!

I’d understnad if they were going for the camping out with no haircuts thing, but they’re not…his hair jsut looks horrible! It’s gotten steadily worse since it POA, when it was perfect

Posted by Luce-Lupin !~ROAR~! on December 02, 2009, 01:34 PM report to moderator
Avi_thumb

excitee. …

Posted by DesQueJteVois on December 02, 2009, 01:51 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Oh my gosh, reading the comments make me tear up :( It really just seems like yesterday that we saw the first HBP picture… and now Deathly Hallows! Wow. Look at how much the trio have grown too! This reminds me of the picture in the first movie where they’re walking on the chess board. Awww.

I’m not ready for the movie just yet (can’t even think about how said it’ll be when it’s all over), but I am sure ready for more pictures and teaser trailers! :D

Posted by Christine on December 02, 2009, 01:52 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

I even made a photo of it. Lol :D

Posted by Christine on December 02, 2009, 01:57 PM report to moderator

sigh My hopes for a Dan with the RIGHT hair suddenly vanish…. He’s really starting to look more and more like Debbie Downer (SNL)…

Posted by Blibbering Humdinger on December 02, 2009, 02:14 PM report to moderator
Thecave_thumb

You know it’s the first image of an HP film when people start complaining about Dan’s hair. I’m going to miss this.

Posted by mollywobble on December 02, 2009, 03:57 PM report to moderator
Img_3265_thumb

Everyone is talking about the first HBP picture…but I remember way back when when the hype was steadily increasing, with the book release of OoTP and the movie GoF in 2005…5 years ago….so sad it’s all coming to an end…again….:(

Posted by Alli on December 02, 2009, 03:59 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_70_thumb

Omg, I hope we get more photos..and soon!!!!

Posted by HBPFan [ITC!] - CatPhoenix14 on December 02, 2009, 07:10 PM report to moderator
Lianne_2_thumb

I don’t think it’s sunk in yet because I’m feeling all giddy and excited at the prospect of DH part 1 coming up. I’m not feeling sad at all. :D

Posted by ane_drew on December 02, 2009, 09:58 PM report to moderator

...Sirius Black was gone forever. Sirius seemed a million miles away already, even if a part of Harry still believed that if he had only pulled back that veil, he would have found Sirius looking back at him, greeting him, perhaps, with his laugh like a ba