First Official Photo from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Plus New Video Interviews

DH Film
December 01, 2009, 06:18 AM

UPDATE: Here it is in glorious High Res, thanks to WB.

December kicks off in fine style as USA Today has the first official photo from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (or right here in our image galleries.) Readers will recall this scene was shot in London, England last April as you can see right here from this location photo. The USA Today article has several new quotes from actor Rupert Grint, who speaks about Ron Weasley, Harry Potter (Dan Radcliffe) and Hermione (Emma Watson) during the course of the films:

"They're paranoid," says Grint. "It's quite a scary world because the Snatchers and Death Eaters are running around everywhere. Harry, Ron and Hermione are just camping out in random places, living rough, in regular clothes." Snatchers and Death Eaters are minions of the evil Lord Voldemort (Ralph Fiennes).

Grint adds, grinning: "Me and Dan actually have some stubble." His facial hair served as a kind of invisibility cloak for the lanky, redheaded Grint, who went unrecognized by fans recently while on location in the Welsh countryside. Dubbed a "road movie" by producer David Heyman, Hallows was envisioned by director David Yates as more grounded in reality than the previous Potter movies."

In addition, the BBC has new interviews with the cast including Dan Radcliffe and Bonnie Wright (Ginny), who address life after the Harry Potter series has concluded. You can also watch a nice long interview with Dan Radcliffe and Rupert Grint right here, (or available here in our galleries) plus see the interview with Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) with the BBC here at this link (or here in our video galleries). Producer David Heyman also weighs in on their future:

David Heyman, who has produced all of the Harry Potter films, is confident that the global stars that he's helped create will go on to further success."They've had a good structure here and at home, they are pretty solid kids," he says. "They are going to go and have great fun - they are going to have great success. I'm sure they will thrive."

He adds: "I think they all know I'm here to support them, and if they ever want a chat I'll be there for them. "Ultimately they've got to leave the fold and take flight - and I know they will."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Hermione_thumb

I love the first pictures from the movies! I’m changing my desktop wallpaper now! iiiiieeeeeeeeeiiii! \o/

Posted by Miroca on December 01, 2009, 10:51 PM report to moderator
Rimg0123_thumb

First offical pic, they looks kind of beaten :D but great…

Posted by Tschudiff [FTC!] on December 01, 2009, 10:51 PM report to moderator
Hrpetersam_thumb

’Citing!

Posted by Miss Dracothan on December 01, 2009, 11:56 PM report to moderator
Harry_anime_thumb

looking forward for a great HP movie.. so excited as you all do :D

Posted by mykfawkes on December 02, 2009, 12:03 AM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

This is soooo exciting! :D

Posted by Christine on December 02, 2009, 12:11 AM report to moderator
Postejeunes4_thumb

Oh, and I hope that, as the story progresses, they will get a living-rough look too, stubble, longer hair… It’s going to be a lot grittier than what we’ve seen til now.

Posted by Boy With A Lightning Scar on December 02, 2009, 12:58 AM report to moderator

This is groundbreaking. For once they don’t have Harry and Hermione awkwardly close in the picture.

Posted by greenfire on December 02, 2009, 01:52 AM report to moderator
Picture_200_thumb

yayness!!

Posted by ϟTheWizardϟ on December 02, 2009, 02:11 AM report to moderator
Peeps_thumb

OMG That is awesome! I resolved not to look at ANYTHING from when the last movie (or the theme park, for that matter! lol) was being made… and it was HORRIBLE! I almost died because I wanted to see it soo bad but the movie was great. I think that if I dont watch the trailers, the movie will still be a surprise to me, as that was my reasoning for not looking at any of the last movie things. lol

They just look so old now! How old is Emma? I think I am the same age as her. :-/ I dont know. I know Dan is a bit older than me and Rupert is quite a big older than me, so Emma has to be close. lol What is cool, though is that Rupert has the same bday as one of my bff’s, which is the day before mine! lol … Just a FEW years off.

In other news, I’ve decided that Michael Sheen (Aro from New Moon) is AMAZING and should be in DH if he is not. Is there any casting information on this yet???

Posted by iWeasley on December 02, 2009, 02:12 AM report to moderator

This is so awesome!!! :D <3

Posted by ApplesArthur on December 02, 2009, 02:50 AM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

Wow … the first official pic. In many ways I’m really excited for this movie (or, these movies) but, at the same time I’m in no hurry for them to get here, I kind of felt that way with the book, I was so desperate for it to be published because, I so badly wanted to know what happened but, at the same time I was dreading The End Of All Things.
Anyhows it’s cool seeing the first official pic in the Galleries already :)

Posted by Moose_Starr on December 02, 2009, 02:59 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

I hate Dan’s/Harry’s hair. its such a shame that we never got back to the PoA’s hair :(
and they all look older.thats a shame too. I wish they look like in GoF-that would be amazing.
I really really hope that DH won’t dissapoint us!

Posted by Matea on December 02, 2009, 03:18 AM report to moderator

Getting older and looking older is part of life. It beats the alternative
I love the idea of the road trip and differnt feel/look to it. How could the fans miss recognizing Rupert!

Posted by FreeElf on December 02, 2009, 04:03 AM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

!!!!

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on December 02, 2009, 04:39 AM report to moderator
Ootp_tumblr_thumb

what happened to my comment? anyway, super psyched (is that how you spell that?) for dh. any guesses as to where the trio is?

Posted by hermy007 on December 02, 2009, 04:48 AM report to moderator

Harry had suddenly gone into a spectacular dive, which drew gasps and cheers from the crowd. Hermione stood up, her crossed fingers in her mouth, as Harry streaked toward the ground like a bullet.[br] "You're in luck, Weasley, Potter's obviously spotte