First Official Photo from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Plus New Video Interviews

DH Film
December 01, 2009, 06:18 AM

UPDATE: Here it is in glorious High Res, thanks to WB.

December kicks off in fine style as USA Today has the first official photo from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (or right here in our image galleries.) Readers will recall this scene was shot in London, England last April as you can see right here from this location photo. The USA Today article has several new quotes from actor Rupert Grint, who speaks about Ron Weasley, Harry Potter (Dan Radcliffe) and Hermione (Emma Watson) during the course of the films:

"They're paranoid," says Grint. "It's quite a scary world because the Snatchers and Death Eaters are running around everywhere. Harry, Ron and Hermione are just camping out in random places, living rough, in regular clothes." Snatchers and Death Eaters are minions of the evil Lord Voldemort (Ralph Fiennes).

Grint adds, grinning: "Me and Dan actually have some stubble." His facial hair served as a kind of invisibility cloak for the lanky, redheaded Grint, who went unrecognized by fans recently while on location in the Welsh countryside. Dubbed a "road movie" by producer David Heyman, Hallows was envisioned by director David Yates as more grounded in reality than the previous Potter movies."

In addition, the BBC has new interviews with the cast including Dan Radcliffe and Bonnie Wright (Ginny), who address life after the Harry Potter series has concluded. You can also watch a nice long interview with Dan Radcliffe and Rupert Grint right here, (or available here in our galleries) plus see the interview with Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) with the BBC here at this link (or here in our video galleries). Producer David Heyman also weighs in on their future:

David Heyman, who has produced all of the Harry Potter films, is confident that the global stars that he's helped create will go on to further success."They've had a good structure here and at home, they are pretty solid kids," he says. "They are going to go and have great fun - they are going to have great success. I'm sure they will thrive."

He adds: "I think they all know I'm here to support them, and if they ever want a chat I'll be there for them. "Ultimately they've got to leave the fold and take flight - and I know they will."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Moon3_thumb

Nice little article, I’m looking forward to the movies!

Posted by Figment on December 01, 2009, 10:12 AM report to moderator
282337_f260_thumb

This “harsh reality” at first I liked….but now I don’t….each movie loses more and more of the magic and wonder of the first! I want it to be magical, not realistic! Anyone agree?

Posted by PensievePlotter on December 01, 2009, 11:08 AM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

OMG!!! SQUEE!!!!! :-D

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on December 01, 2009, 11:58 AM report to moderator
Ootp_tumblr_thumb

i have no idea, freeelf. i am beyond physced (how do you spell that?) for dh. i too remember the first official pic for hbp. wow, it seems like it was just yesterday. any guesses as to where the trio are?

Posted by hermy007 on December 01, 2009, 12:35 PM report to moderator
Hp-trio-dhx_thumb

I’ve got no better words:SQUEE!!

Posted by xxIBelieveInNarglesxx on December 01, 2009, 12:55 PM report to moderator
Lily_evans_and_severus_snape_by_aura3107_thumb

Wow… the more things that come out about DH, the sadder I get because it’s ending soon:( Oh well, HP will live on forever (my baby will have no choice but to be a HP fan, he has been listening to Book 1 now and will start Book 2 soon)

Posted by JessSnape on December 01, 2009, 02:02 PM report to moderator
Thecave_thumb

LoL Greenwire. Anyway, I know it’s just a picture of the trio walking, but man do they look BA! We’re finally getting our “grown up” movie everyone. Yay!

Posted by mollywobble on December 01, 2009, 02:07 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

I am excited…I do not want to wait a year!

Posted by Swizzle on December 01, 2009, 02:34 PM report to moderator
Is22581022_thumb

Of course you guys are going to hate the hair, he’s just escaped the wedding were he actaully had to have it combed down like in GOF at the Yule Ball. It’ll be it’s messy self later on. ;-)

Posted by YodatheHobbit on December 01, 2009, 02:59 PM report to moderator

David Yates finally admitted that he’s taking the magic out of Harry Potter! Here is the quote from the article in USA Today.
“We’re kind of pulling away from the magic a bit and bringing more reality to it,” he [Yates] says.

Yes, definitely pull away from magic a bit. I mean it’s only a movie about MAGIC and WIZARDRY?!!! Such a brilliant director. Gotta love ’em!

Posted by bookmonster79 on December 01, 2009, 03:08 PM report to moderator
Picture_057_thumb

boring first pic as always! I love it of course, if only for the clothes, but gee, WB, do you think we could see a picture of something we haven’t really seen before?I was hoping for a little wedding tease…

Posted by abandonedboyjon on December 01, 2009, 03:16 PM report to moderator

Yay! I’m so excited for more pictures!

Posted by Wingardium Leviosa ❄WBM❄ on December 01, 2009, 03:51 PM report to moderator
Rainingmen_thumb

@bookmonster79 Deathly Hallows really isn’t about magic – it’s about this character we’ve followed through 6 previous books trying to find his strength, battle fear, and live up to the belief that he can rid the world of this evil Dark Lord. If were just about magic, we wouldn’t have the strong character development that we have grown to love throughout the series. Deathly Hallows is emotion-packed – not necessarily just “magic.”

Posted by BwaySaint on December 01, 2009, 04:09 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

that is so awesome!! i cant beleive we are getting DH pics already!! i agree with wiltabone! it seems like just yesturday we were all squeeing over HBP pics!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on December 01, 2009, 04:16 PM report to moderator
Mac3_thumb
1925 Points

Its almost over **tear**tear! :(

Posted by Parkinsonpansy on December 01, 2009, 04:43 PM report to moderator

"That was far easier than I thought it would be," said Hermione as they joined the crowds flocking out onto the sunny grounds. "I needn't have learned about the 1637 Werewolf Code of Conduct or the uprising of Elfric the Eager."