Firm Opening Date for Wizarding World Due Soon?

Movies
November 09, 2009, 12:49 PM

UK travel giant Virgin is set to feature the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando on their new brochure for Florida. According to this article, this new collaboration with Universal also "sees Virgin, and sister brand Travel City Direct, offering a range of exclusive benefits to customers visiting the attraction when it opens at Universal's Islands of Adventure next spring.Simon Presswell, Universal Parks and Resorts' European managing director, said the tie-up marked a major step in the gradual "reveal" of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, which has been designed in collaboration with Potter fans worldwide."

Update: The article has now been amended, removing the portion regarding an earlier mention for a firmer opening date coming possibly at the end of the month, to now read as follows: "Presswell said the exact opening date for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter was still being kept under wraps, but confirmed it would be open in time for the peak summer travel season."

We have long known a Spring 2010 opening has been planned for the park, however no firm date has yet been revealed; stay tuned more when we get it! Finally, as noted first here a few days ago, the Hogwarts Express has arrived at the theme park currently under construction in Florida. Thanks to BrianOrndorf.com for letting us know he now has some additional photos of the train being put into place which you can see right here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Morse_telegrapher_thumb

FACT! When Disneyland opened, none of the water fountains worked. They had the choice of water fountains or restrooms. Finishing the restrooms was made the priority. Guests could get water free at soda fountains, or buy a soda to drink.

Posted by Phoenix1946 on November 10, 2009, 09:50 AM report to moderator
36890_1211841555528_1813459374_409631_4739129_n_thumb

i need the date i must have it its torture not knowing

Posted by lexuslovesweasleys on November 10, 2009, 11:11 AM report to moderator
Mv5bmje0njy5mte2nv5bml5banbnxkftztywnzu4mtk1

booking my ticket when i go to disney in june as soon as i hear a date : )

Posted by Beckster235 on November 10, 2009, 11:34 AM report to moderator
Natalieportman14_thumb

Omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg! Ok. I am so totally looking forward to 2010!

Posted by Tassana Burrfoot on November 10, 2009, 12:50 PM report to moderator
Image

Excited!! can’t wait!

Posted by magicmaniac on November 10, 2009, 01:21 PM report to moderator
Image

Excited!! can’t wait!

Posted by magicmaniac on November 10, 2009, 01:22 PM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

Ooooh cool!! But so many different dates! It’s confusing!

Posted by Beazy :) (Formerly: MidnightSun321 ) {!!ROAR!!} on November 10, 2009, 02:06 PM report to moderator
Moon3_thumb

I’m excited, I can’t wait to see it, but I don’t want them to rush it. I want it to be as perfect as possible.

Posted by Figment on November 11, 2009, 01:26 AM report to moderator
Thumb_dh_unofficialstills_harry_ron_hermione_012_thumb

Cool, I wish I could go.

Posted by dreampotter [ROAR!] on November 11, 2009, 04:50 AM report to moderator
Lily_evans_and_severus_snape_by_aura3107_thumb

I need to know a date!! I’m not really good at waiting:(

Posted by JessSnape on November 11, 2009, 05:26 AM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

I wan to go so badly!

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on November 11, 2009, 05:40 AM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

yah cant whate to go

Posted by alicia00 on November 11, 2009, 08:37 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

Although I am excited to learn that they might soon disclose the release date of the park, I am afraid that I presently lack the money to afford to go, as does my family. Woe. I still hope to be able to go a few years from now. :)

Posted by Kirk on November 11, 2009, 08:42 AM report to moderator
Hp_wallpaper_10_1024x819_sm_thumb

I am sooooo ready to go!! I want to start planning my vacation for next year, but am waiting for the opening date, so we can go! My kids want to go to Disney, but I told them that we HAVE to go to HPW at Universal first, then Disney. Thanks for keeping us updated!! I check many times daily again, thanks!!

Posted by jlinhard03 on November 11, 2009, 12:15 PM report to moderator
Wicca_thumb

That is so not close enough.

Posted by Brosia, OoM 2 [WBM] on November 11, 2009, 06:55 PM report to moderator

"Good, good," said Umbridge, watching Ginny's struggles. "Well, it looks as though Hogwarts will shortly be a Weasley-free zone, doesn't it?"