Firm Opening Date for Wizarding World Due Soon?

Movies
November 09, 2009, 12:49 PM

UK travel giant Virgin is set to feature the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando on their new brochure for Florida. According to this article, this new collaboration with Universal also "sees Virgin, and sister brand Travel City Direct, offering a range of exclusive benefits to customers visiting the attraction when it opens at Universal's Islands of Adventure next spring.Simon Presswell, Universal Parks and Resorts' European managing director, said the tie-up marked a major step in the gradual "reveal" of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, which has been designed in collaboration with Potter fans worldwide."

Update: The article has now been amended, removing the portion regarding an earlier mention for a firmer opening date coming possibly at the end of the month, to now read as follows: "Presswell said the exact opening date for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter was still being kept under wraps, but confirmed it would be open in time for the peak summer travel season."

We have long known a Spring 2010 opening has been planned for the park, however no firm date has yet been revealed; stay tuned more when we get it! Finally, as noted first here a few days ago, the Hogwarts Express has arrived at the theme park currently under construction in Florida. Thanks to BrianOrndorf.com for letting us know he now has some additional photos of the train being put into place which you can see right here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Emma026_thumb

i wish i lived in America…. but Australia is cool… Take photos for me wont you :)

Posted by vanessaclairpotter {Roar} on November 10, 2009, 02:54 AM report to moderator
13635_196007790588_520620588_4407705_7739899_n_thumb

YAY! I can’t wait till they announce the date, I am going to go for sure!

Posted by Rosie016 on November 10, 2009, 05:04 AM report to moderator
Me_thumb

Thanks so much, BrianOrndorf!

Posted by Courtney Quirke on November 10, 2009, 05:08 AM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

i can’t wait ’till the 26th!!!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on November 10, 2009, 05:31 AM report to moderator

I’m so excited for this I can’t wait to see how amazing its gonna be

Posted by awandsalutetofred on November 10, 2009, 05:53 AM report to moderator
98143829_thumb
1910 Points

Great. I’m soooooo excited!!!!

Posted by Jane_Potter on November 10, 2009, 06:29 AM report to moderator
Amelie_by_yishui_thumb

I need to know this asap so I can book my stay over there.

Posted by RAzzLe on November 10, 2009, 07:02 AM report to moderator

I Wanna go!!!

Posted by ApplesArthur on November 10, 2009, 07:20 AM report to moderator
Weasleys-da_small_thumb

can’t wait :D

Posted by just another weasley ROAR,OoM2GS on November 10, 2009, 07:29 AM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_misc_001_thumb

Dang! It sound like it’ll be later in the spring as opposed to earlier! Any time is good, but I was hoping for earlier! Who wouldn’t???

Posted by stenojoz on November 10, 2009, 07:33 AM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

i cant wait for a final opening date to order tickets!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on November 10, 2009, 07:52 AM report to moderator
Img_2315_face0_thumb

I just want to know the date so I can start planning!!

Posted by Nicci Weasley on November 10, 2009, 08:05 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

i am sooo ready for this.

Posted by The Nerd on November 10, 2009, 08:30 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

I can’t wait! I need to go! My mum probably won’t let me because money is hard to come by.

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on November 10, 2009, 08:47 AM report to moderator
282600_233804939987291_100000733600249_807455_78180_n_thumb

the place is looking so awesome i cant wait to do but i think it wont be for two more years

Posted by Horcruxalej on November 10, 2009, 09:35 AM report to moderator

"She's somewhere over there," said Ron, pointing along the shelves. "Looking for another book. I think she's trying to read the whole library before Christmas."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014