Special Previews of HBP DVD Extras on ABC Family Harry Potter Weekend in December

HBP Film
Posted by: Edward
November 09, 2009, 08:24 PM

The ABC Family Channel will be hosting another Harry Potter Movie Weekend on December 4-6, featuring exclusive first looks at material to be found on the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince DVD.  According to a press release, "ABC Family will also be airing exclusive footage from “Creating the World of Harry Potter,” an eight-hour documentary series revealing the filmmaking magic behind all of the films in the series."  Additional behind the scenes sneak peeks will air, featuring actress Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood).  In these clips, Miss Lynch will visit "the costume department and shows off some of her jewelry designs. Fans can also go behind the scenes with the cast and crew to see how the infamous Cave was created and what it took to bring the Inferi to the big screen."  These special clips are set to air during broadcasts of the first four Harry Potter films throughout the weekend.

The press release goes on to say:

For the first time ever, uncover the intimate details, never-before-seen screen tests, inside stories by cast and filmmakers, and directors’ critical decisions behind the creation of Harry Potter’s world on screen. “Creating the World of Harry Potter” is only available in the “Harry Potter Ultimate Edition” series on Blu-ray and DVD. Each Ultimate Edition includes a one-hour feature from “Creating the World of Harry Potter” that highlights a unique aspect of the filmmaking process. “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone: Ultimate Edition” and “Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: Ultimate Edition” available on Blu-ray and DVD December 8.
The dates and times for the ABC Family Harry Potter Weekend are as follows:

Friday, December 4
  • Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - 7:30-11:00 PM ET/PT
Saturday, December 5
  • Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - 12:30-4:00 PM ET/PT
  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - 4:00-8:00 PM ET/PT
  • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - 8:00-11:00 PM ET/PT
Sunday, December 6
  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - 12:30-4:30 PM ET/PT
  • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - 4:30-7:30 PM ET/PT
  • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - 7:30-11:00 PM ET/PT
Many thanks to Stephanie for owling!

Leaky's Harry Potter Twitter list is the most exhaustive collection of news and official Harry Potter information in the world. Be sure to follow it today!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

i live in perth australia and in all our catalogs it says the hbp dvd comes out next week, is that just in oz or is that everywhere and the dvd being released in -30 days time is like a special edition or something, cause i find it hard to believe that we are finally getting something before the us

Posted by ilovethepotters on November 10, 2009, 09:37 PM report to moderator
Me_desirable_1_thumb

@annie711pm, that’s why I’m going to be having my own HP marathon the weekend of Dec 10. I’m going to watch all 6 movies back to back. I can’t wait!!!!

Posted by paul_hp_fan [OoM2] *ROAR* on November 11, 2009, 12:23 AM report to moderator
Me_desirable_1_thumb

I’ll definately be watching this HP marathon cause I want to see all these Sneak Previews!! I may record on my DVR incase something comes up.

Posted by paul_hp_fan [OoM2] *ROAR* on November 11, 2009, 12:26 AM report to moderator

LOL know what im doing that weekend

Posted by madman1277 on November 11, 2009, 12:40 AM report to moderator
Lily_evans_and_severus_snape_by_aura3107_thumb

I know what I am doing the weekend of Dec 4!! I love HP weekends!! The one this summer helped me get ready for HBP

Posted by JessSnape on November 11, 2009, 02:30 AM report to moderator
Keep_calm_hrh2_thumb

Squee!!!

Posted by tinagin [ROAR]! on November 11, 2009, 03:36 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

YouTube it people. Eight movies, one weekend, pyjamas, mini fridge, phone off… all I need is some kind of toilet/sofa and I’m sorted come the end of the year in 2011

Posted by KiwiMcI on November 11, 2009, 04:39 AM report to moderator
Slytherin_girl_thumb

I NEED ABC Family channel! :D

Posted by LadySidi on November 11, 2009, 05:15 AM report to moderator

I’m definitely going to watch!

Posted by Wingardium Leviosa ❄WBM❄ on November 11, 2009, 07:28 AM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

yes fanilly there was not 1 in a long time

Posted by alicia00 on November 11, 2009, 08:42 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I will certainly have to set the date aside on my calendar for this.

Posted by Kirk on November 11, 2009, 09:28 AM report to moderator
149638_103433969730594_2631787_n_thumb

I know what I’m doing that weekend!!!! :-)

I wish I had DVR…Can’t afford it at the moment.

Posted by sessionka oom4 CW on November 11, 2009, 11:13 AM report to moderator
Avi_thumb

my luck has so happened that I have missed EVERY SINGLE HARRY POTTER WEEKEND since GoF. I will be sure to catch this one, no matter what!!

It sounds really worthwhile. =)

Posted by DesQueJteVois on November 11, 2009, 01:05 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

yes! hooray!

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on November 11, 2009, 01:26 PM report to moderator
Green_hummers_thumb

Finally squeeeeeeeeeee!!

Posted by Lady Grey OoM2,CW*ROAR* on November 11, 2009, 03:52 PM report to moderator

"If I get caught before I can get to the Stone, well, I'll have to go back to the Dursleys and wait for Voldemort to find me there, it's only dying a bit later than I would have, because I'm never going over to the Dark Side! I'm going through that trapdo