Special Previews of HBP DVD Extras on ABC Family Harry Potter Weekend in December

HBP Film
Posted by: Edward
November 09, 2009, 08:24 PM

The ABC Family Channel will be hosting another Harry Potter Movie Weekend on December 4-6, featuring exclusive first looks at material to be found on the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince DVD.  According to a press release, "ABC Family will also be airing exclusive footage from “Creating the World of Harry Potter,” an eight-hour documentary series revealing the filmmaking magic behind all of the films in the series."  Additional behind the scenes sneak peeks will air, featuring actress Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood).  In these clips, Miss Lynch will visit "the costume department and shows off some of her jewelry designs. Fans can also go behind the scenes with the cast and crew to see how the infamous Cave was created and what it took to bring the Inferi to the big screen."  These special clips are set to air during broadcasts of the first four Harry Potter films throughout the weekend.

The press release goes on to say:

For the first time ever, uncover the intimate details, never-before-seen screen tests, inside stories by cast and filmmakers, and directors’ critical decisions behind the creation of Harry Potter’s world on screen. “Creating the World of Harry Potter” is only available in the “Harry Potter Ultimate Edition” series on Blu-ray and DVD. Each Ultimate Edition includes a one-hour feature from “Creating the World of Harry Potter” that highlights a unique aspect of the filmmaking process. “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone: Ultimate Edition” and “Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: Ultimate Edition” available on Blu-ray and DVD December 8.
The dates and times for the ABC Family Harry Potter Weekend are as follows:

Friday, December 4
  • Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - 7:30-11:00 PM ET/PT
Saturday, December 5
  • Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - 12:30-4:00 PM ET/PT
  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - 4:00-8:00 PM ET/PT
  • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - 8:00-11:00 PM ET/PT
Sunday, December 6
  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - 12:30-4:30 PM ET/PT
  • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - 4:30-7:30 PM ET/PT
  • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - 7:30-11:00 PM ET/PT
Many thanks to Stephanie for owling!

Leaky's Harry Potter Twitter list is the most exhaustive collection of news and official Harry Potter information in the world. Be sure to follow it today!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Moon3_thumb

Very cool, since I had to promise not to buy the DVDs so I could get them as Xmas presents, LOL.

Posted by Figment on November 10, 2009, 09:25 AM report to moderator
Closeupoftriohbp_thumb

Well I know what I will be doing that weekend. My granddaughter loves Harry and she watches them with me every time they are on. Even my autisic grandson watches part of these movies and he doesn’t ever watch much on TV! I am so glad that they are going to be on and I can’t wait to get those new ultimate edition DVDs.

Posted by beewell on November 10, 2009, 09:41 AM report to moderator

I love HP weekends! I wish my kids did too :(

Posted by Dawna on November 10, 2009, 09:49 AM report to moderator

I wish they would have a Harry Potter weekend in Sweden.

Posted by ApplesArthur on November 10, 2009, 12:01 PM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

Cool! But I don’t live in America :(

Posted by Beazy :) (Formerly: MidnightSun321 ) {!!ROAR!!} on November 10, 2009, 02:07 PM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

Cool! But I don’t live in America…

Posted by Beazy :) (Formerly: MidnightSun321 ) {!!ROAR!!} on November 10, 2009, 02:14 PM report to moderator
Snapshot_20081230_4_thumb

squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! I can’t wait!! I love abc’s potter weekendssss

Posted by Kristine_london on November 10, 2009, 02:40 PM report to moderator
Thistletopiary_thumb

Oh, goody, another wasted weekend, staying up until the bitter end to make sure that Harry survives his encounter with Quirrelmort / the Basilisk / 100 Dementors / Voldemort himself!! Sigh; I can never seem to resist, and these Sneak Previews are part of the reason!

Posted by bettb [ITC!] on November 10, 2009, 03:06 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

okay i am sooo going to watch this!!

Posted by The Nerd on November 10, 2009, 04:16 PM report to moderator
Animation_thumb

cool cant wait

Posted by lilmisssnape on November 10, 2009, 04:21 PM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

yes fanilly there was not 1 in a long time

Posted by alicia00 on November 10, 2009, 04:38 PM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

yes fanilly there was not 1 in a long time

Posted by alicia00 on November 10, 2009, 04:38 PM report to moderator
Bokorm_-p_thumb

Aw, wish we had ABC here. :[ I wanna see the preview!

Posted by Lisbry on November 10, 2009, 05:26 PM report to moderator
Mr_limo_christmas_lights_tour_thumb

Too bad they don’t have the rights to show all 6 movies. Now THAT would be a marathon weekend. :)

Posted by annie711pm on November 10, 2009, 05:28 PM report to moderator
Pluto_thumb

Posted by simos girl {WBM} ~Lemon~ on November 10, 2009, 08:23 PM report to moderator

"Poor old Snuffles," said Ron, breathing deeply. "He must really like you, Harry... Imagine having to live off rats."

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014