Special Previews of HBP DVD Extras on ABC Family Harry Potter Weekend in December

HBP Film
Posted by: Edward
November 09, 2009, 08:24 PM

The ABC Family Channel will be hosting another Harry Potter Movie Weekend on December 4-6, featuring exclusive first looks at material to be found on the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince DVD.  According to a press release, "ABC Family will also be airing exclusive footage from “Creating the World of Harry Potter,” an eight-hour documentary series revealing the filmmaking magic behind all of the films in the series."  Additional behind the scenes sneak peeks will air, featuring actress Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood).  In these clips, Miss Lynch will visit "the costume department and shows off some of her jewelry designs. Fans can also go behind the scenes with the cast and crew to see how the infamous Cave was created and what it took to bring the Inferi to the big screen."  These special clips are set to air during broadcasts of the first four Harry Potter films throughout the weekend.

The press release goes on to say:

For the first time ever, uncover the intimate details, never-before-seen screen tests, inside stories by cast and filmmakers, and directors’ critical decisions behind the creation of Harry Potter’s world on screen. “Creating the World of Harry Potter” is only available in the “Harry Potter Ultimate Edition” series on Blu-ray and DVD. Each Ultimate Edition includes a one-hour feature from “Creating the World of Harry Potter” that highlights a unique aspect of the filmmaking process. “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone: Ultimate Edition” and “Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets: Ultimate Edition” available on Blu-ray and DVD December 8.
The dates and times for the ABC Family Harry Potter Weekend are as follows:

Friday, December 4
  • Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - 7:30-11:00 PM ET/PT
Saturday, December 5
  • Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - 12:30-4:00 PM ET/PT
  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - 4:00-8:00 PM ET/PT
  • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - 8:00-11:00 PM ET/PT
Sunday, December 6
  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - 12:30-4:30 PM ET/PT
  • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - 4:30-7:30 PM ET/PT
  • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - 7:30-11:00 PM ET/PT
Many thanks to Stephanie for owling!

Leaky's Harry Potter Twitter list is the most exhaustive collection of news and official Harry Potter information in the world. Be sure to follow it today!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Romeo_close_up_thumb

I will need to find someone with a TV I can watch this on.

Posted by crowgirls [ ITC ] on November 09, 2009, 08:42 PM report to moderator
Moi_thumb

Oh they’re just suckering us in, aren’t they? Now I have to re-purchase the earlier DVD’s so I can get that special….gr.

Posted by keedokes on November 09, 2009, 08:55 PM report to moderator
Frangipani_flowers_thumb

They are suckering us, but it’s been a while since sneak peaks and things, so I dont mind too too much… I need to find a tv too!

Posted by gingersnape on November 09, 2009, 09:03 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Super cool! ;-)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on November 09, 2009, 09:46 PM report to moderator

OMG can’t wait have the all the movies already but I never miss when ABC Family show them. My daughter and I are the biggest fans in Corpus Christi, Texas.

Posted by tracy ford on November 09, 2009, 10:03 PM report to moderator
Kc_lucius1_thumb

i love harry potter weekend :)

Posted by KC Nox on November 09, 2009, 10:09 PM report to moderator
Laughing_dan_thumb
2027 Points

weeeeeee!!!!

Posted by sunlitdays (ROAR) on November 09, 2009, 10:13 PM report to moderator
27577_1__thumb

wow cool!

Posted by Rowling Stones on November 09, 2009, 11:49 PM report to moderator
Postejeunes4_thumb

Once again, I hope youtube will come through for the rest of the world (wink, wink…)

Posted by Boy With A Lightning Scar on November 10, 2009, 03:13 AM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

I’m not american :(

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on November 10, 2009, 05:07 AM report to moderator
2013-07-19_113504_thumb

Thank goodness, I was getting worried they weren’t going to have one, I love the weekends. My children and I stay in pajamas all weekend and our main source of nourishment is popcorn!! I can’t wait.

Posted by Want to be a Weasley on November 10, 2009, 05:50 AM report to moderator
98143829_thumb
1910 Points

I’m not in America!!!!

Posted by Jane_Potter on November 10, 2009, 06:32 AM report to moderator
Postejeunes4_thumb

I know, annie711pm. Imagine the weekend many of us will spend when all 8 movies are out on DVD!

Posted by Boy With A Lightning Scar on November 10, 2009, 07:31 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter__hbp_promo__3_thumb

Got to buy the DVD!!!

Posted by forgetmenot_007 on November 10, 2009, 08:12 AM report to moderator
Image_thumb

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! Is right! OMG am I ever watching every bit of this! I only wish I had little kids to snuggle up with and get all excited over Harry Potter with! Think of how fun this is for kids and their parents to enjoy together :) Cuteness…

Posted by Smitch on November 10, 2009, 08:20 AM report to moderator

"But why's she got to go to the library?"[br]"Because that's what Hermione does," said Ron, shrugging. "When in doubt, go to the library."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014