Early Holiday Sale at WBShop.com plus a Look at the 2010 Harry Potter Calendars

WB Shop
November 07, 2009, 10:11 AM

To help get the holiday shopping off on the right foot, Warner Bros let us know about a special sale they are holding on Harry Potter merchandise all this weekend. At this link, fans can take advantage of discounts saving up to 50 % off on a vast assortment of Potter items including many Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince pieces including the new mini film cells, Noble Collection items, Tonner Dolls, Totebags, Tshirts, Waterglobes, action figures, and much more.

Some of the pieces on sale are the new 2010 Harry Potter calenders. Thanks to longtime publishers Andrews McMeel, this editor had a closer look at three of the new calendars which feature scenes from all six Harry Potter films. A Dan Radcliffe as Harry Potter- centric item, the traditional wall calendar features lovely art enhanced photos from each of the films, and would be ideal for fans of the Trio (including Emma Watson as Hermione and Rupert Grint as Ron) as you can see them over the years with the previously released artwork now contained in one single calendar.

As you might guess, the theme of these calendars reflects the entire world of Harry Potter on film, and this is also the case with the World of Harry Potter 2010 Desk Calendar. The finest in quality of the three, this calendar features a gorgeous embossed cover and back. Inside are still shots in decent quality from each of the films on one side, with the facing side containing each week and plenty of space on each day to jot down reminders of your activities. Sturdy and well made, it's a good piece to keep on your desk or take with you to school or work.

It was noticeable (or so it seemed to this editor ) the nice variety of the scene selections used in the 2010 Day to Day calendar. This calendar has always been a fan favorite over the years; this should prove no different as the photos marking each day of the year are indeed varied and fairly encompassing. There have been plenty of memorable moments and a whole host of characters over the years in the Harry Potter series, and many are indeed found in this newest calendar. While frankly it would have been very easy to focus just solely on the Trio, instead you find a decent balance of them over the years from all the film, along with photos of all of the Weasleys (yes even Percy), the Dursleys, Snape, Lucius, Draco, Dumbledore (both), McGongagall even others such as Lavender, Fleur, Cedric, Lockhart, Wormtail, Arabella Figg, Filch (boo! ;) , Umbridge, Slughorn and even several of Cormac McLaggen. Always a great stocking stuffer gift each year, this is a lightweight, varied and good reflection of the Harry Potter films, not perfect but still a good piece.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent WB Shop News

98143829_thumb
1910 Points

Another item for my christmas list!!

Posted by Jane_Potter on November 07, 2009, 10:18 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Yes Jane_Potter, another item for the Christmas list… Just doing my bit to help the economy! lol

Posted by Won_Two on November 07, 2009, 10:47 AM report to moderator
Avi_thumb

I don’t think I’ll buy anything this year … god knows I want to though!

Posted by DesQueJteVois on November 07, 2009, 11:25 AM report to moderator
Frangipani_flowers_thumb

I don’t know if I’ll buy anything… but I really want to! Thanks for the news!

Posted by gingersnape on November 07, 2009, 12:07 PM report to moderator
Wicca_thumb

I cannot buy anything, but I will be hunting down a calender. Halo is so 2009!

Posted by Brosia, OoM 2 [WBM] on November 07, 2009, 12:46 PM report to moderator
Wicca_thumb

I cannot buy anything, but I will be hunting down a calender – Halo is so 2009!

Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

I don’t know if I’ll get anything…: )

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on November 07, 2009, 01:01 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

i wish i could get something…

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on November 07, 2009, 01:36 PM report to moderator
Image_thumb

I wish I wasn’t broke either, because if I were rich, I would probably have a lot more HP stuff than I do now, which is basically 0. Ah wellz. I’d love the calendar though. At least it’s a useful item!

Posted by Smitch on November 07, 2009, 07:36 PM report to moderator
Gof99_thumb

I bought all forms of the Harry Potter calendars. And the H/G shipper in me is not happy with the pics in any of these calendars!

Posted by hpikjdjg on November 07, 2009, 07:46 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

That’s awesome! I would love the box calender!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on November 07, 2009, 07:50 PM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

COOL! =]

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on November 08, 2009, 02:22 AM report to moderator
Playermodel

darn! i just got my halo calendar.
oh well halo is awesome!

Posted by jonfrog {ROAR} on November 08, 2009, 02:25 AM report to moderator
Pluto_thumb

I don’t think I am going to buy anything, thanks for the news!

Posted by simos girl {WBM} ~Lemon~ on November 08, 2009, 03:07 AM report to moderator
Wicca_thumb

Woot for the calender!!!!

Posted by Brosia, OoM 2 [WBM] on November 08, 2009, 04:50 AM report to moderator

[i]"The Dark Lord will rise again with his servant's aid, greater and more terrible than ever he was. Tonight... before midnight... the servant... will seek out... to rejoin...his master..."[/i]