All Aboard! The Hogwarts Express Arrives at Wizarding World Theme Park

Movies
November 07, 2009, 10:45 AM

Last month, many details on the upcoming Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park attraction being built in Florida were confirmed at a press event, including word that indeed fans would see the Hogwarts Express. The train has now arrived in Orlando, which you can see in this photo right here. As revealed in this high res map and in the video (also here in our galleries) released last month by Universal Orlando, the train will be one of many very cool items from the world of Harry Potter contained at the park. There are new construction photos courtesy of OrlandoUnited, including those of the giant Hogwarts castle (look at all the glass for the windows) and other buildings really beginning to take shape, notably this which might be Ollivanders or Honeydukes. UPDATE: Thanks to BrianDorf who owled us  with some great new photos, including many close ups of the train at the park.

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is set to open at Universal Orlando sometime in the Spring of 2010. Thanks Felipe!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Avatar_1__thumb

I’m so excited for this! My family was thinking about going to Orlando in 2010 anyway. Now we HAVE to go!

Posted by Sam on November 07, 2009, 05:48 PM report to moderator
Leaky3_thumb

Sweetness. I can barely wait!

Untitled_thumb

Harry Potter is coming to real life!!! I can’t wait!

Posted by Elizabeth on November 07, 2009, 07:45 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Super cool!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on November 07, 2009, 07:51 PM report to moderator
Phelpstwins_thumb

wow, awesome! >< I wish they’d announce when it opens so I can plan my trip already :P

Posted by deadtree ♥WBM♥ on November 08, 2009, 01:02 AM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2011-08-05_at_5

i have to make this trip when it opens!

Posted by Sirius17 -ROAR_ on November 08, 2009, 03:14 AM report to moderator
Avatars_books_bookart_jun_002_thumb

Yay! My aunt and uncle in Florida told me they would take me to this when it opens :)

Posted by ElVampiro9878 on November 08, 2009, 03:47 AM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

OH MY GOSH!

Posted by Christine on November 08, 2009, 03:58 AM report to moderator
Antiochpeverell1_thumb

I’m sooo excited! And I just can’t hide it! I’m about to lose control and I think I like it!

Posted by AntiochPeverell on November 08, 2009, 04:17 AM report to moderator
Image

COOL! GOING THERE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by magicmaniac on November 08, 2009, 04:44 AM report to moderator
Wicca_thumb

Must save every penny to attend!!!!

Posted by Brosia, OoM 2 [WBM] on November 08, 2009, 04:52 AM report to moderator
Amelie_by_yishui_thumb

I can’t wait for next Spring! I’m soooo there!

Posted by RAzzLe on November 08, 2009, 05:28 AM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

OMG!!! IMSO EXCITED!!! everything seems to be shaping up so well! i want to go on opening day!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on November 08, 2009, 06:10 AM report to moderator
Harry-potter-and-the-half-blood-prince-20090501101933801_640w_1__thumb

cool man!!!!

Posted by Vikalp Kumar on November 08, 2009, 07:15 AM report to moderator
M005_edited-1_thumb

There’s an Hogwarts Express too? D: Why can’t it be just in my neighborhood!?

Posted by ginevrapotter07 on November 08, 2009, 07:20 AM report to moderator

"'S' up, Figgy?" he said, staring from Mrs. Figg to Harry and Dudley. "What 'appened to staying undercover?"[br]"I'll give you undercover!" cried Mrs. Figg. [i]"Dementors,[/i] you useless, skiving sneak thief!"[br]"Dementors?" repeated Mundungus, aghast.