Deals on Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince DVDs

HBP Film
November 05, 2009, 12:45 PM

As the days draw nearer to the release of the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince DVD, many retailers are slashing prices on the disc. Of note was news today that retail giant Walmart was offering pre-orders on the standard DVD at very low prices. Reuters reports that store is "offering its top 10 pre-order DVD movie titles at just $10 and free home delivery on its entire assortment of DVD and Blu-ray titles in another move to win holiday sales," including Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince available here.

Amazon.com is offering a great discount today for the Blu-ray special two disc set (including the download) for Half-Blood Prince which will contain the special sneak peek at Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. At more than half-off ($16.99), you can pre-order here, with the UK option here. Fans will recall of course the news that if you purchase the Blu-ray you can take part in the special live screening December 12 with Dan Radcliffe and David Yates via

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Me_desirable_1_thumb

If anyone wants to know the specific differences between the special features of the different Half Blood Prince DVD formats just check out this group I made.

Posted by paul_hp_fan [OoM2] *ROAR* on November 06, 2009, 09:12 AM report to moderator
Rainingmen_thumb

Yep, Californians beware, “State Restrictions” prevent us from ordering this (and Star Trek ‘09, if anyone cares) for $10 on Walmart. However, Star Trek is $10 on Amazon and while the special edition is still $21 on Amazon, I’m quite positive it will drop soon as well (and all pre-orders have a price guarantee on Amazon.)

Posted by BwaySaint on November 06, 2009, 09:16 AM report to moderator
____73_thumb

hahahaha

Posted by wing on November 06, 2009, 09:51 AM report to moderator
____73_thumb

hahahaha

Posted by wing on November 06, 2009, 09:51 AM report to moderator
____73_thumb

hahahaha

Posted by wing on November 06, 2009, 09:51 AM report to moderator
Araneus_diadematus_thumb

Well said bettb: I know that Wal-Mart’s prices are very good, and many people can’t afford to spend more on these types of things, but I think people also can’t afford to sell their principles and self respect by shopping at Wal-Mart. “Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy.” (or less expensive). I don’t think Dumbledore would shop at Wal-Mart.

Posted by Caracticus on November 06, 2009, 09:58 AM report to moderator

Wow! I hit submit one time and managed to post the same response six times! I wonder if Hufflepuff will get points for all of the submissions. ;) Thanks gcw07 for the info. It wasn’t that clear on the Amazon description if it was Blu-Ray DVD or Blu-Ray and DVD. Only the sticker on the picture made me suspicious.

Posted by Noble Birth Descending on November 06, 2009, 11:54 AM report to moderator
Zzz_thumb

I am most certainly getting this!!!

Posted by mOOn-stArs-sUn [WBM] on November 06, 2009, 12:58 PM report to moderator
Wicca_thumb

I am getting this soon!!!

Posted by Brosia, OoM 2 [WBM] on November 06, 2009, 01:12 PM report to moderator
4fb8_1__thumb

Yay of course i would buy it no matter the cost though :)

Posted by GryffindorGirl115 {ROAR!} on November 06, 2009, 01:54 PM report to moderator
Leaky3_thumb

Pre ordering from walmart tomorrow! Happy Birthday to Me lol

Phelpstwins_thumb

must… get… blu-ray… player….

Posted by deadtree ♥WBM♥ on November 06, 2009, 05:41 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-stars_thumb

oh really?

Posted by harrygetsme on November 06, 2009, 07:37 PM report to moderator
Moon3_thumb

I’ll be getting my as soon and as cheap as I can.

Posted by Figment on November 06, 2009, 11:21 PM report to moderator
Me_desirable_1_thumb

I am getting this movie, just don’t know where I’m pre-ordering from yet. Need to check if walmart is 2 disc special edition dvd. I too don’t own a Blu-Ray player but have found best buy to have a decent one for $99. It’s their “House Brand” called Insignia. Just doesn’t fall in my budget at the moment, besides I’m expecting one for Christmas!! I think I might pre-order from Blu-Ray package from Amazon but will need to find someone with a Blu-Ray player to participate in Dan’s Live screening event.

Posted by paul_hp_fan [OoM2] *ROAR* on November 06, 2009, 11:21 PM report to moderator

"Well, there's one good thing," he said savagely. "Snape'll be gone by the end of the year."[br]"What do you mean?" asked Ron.[br]"That job's jinxed. No one's lasted more than a year... Quirrell actually died doing it... Personally, I'm going to keep my f

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014