Deals on Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince DVDs

HBP Film
November 05, 2009, 12:45 PM

As the days draw nearer to the release of the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince DVD, many retailers are slashing prices on the disc. Of note was news today that retail giant Walmart was offering pre-orders on the standard DVD at very low prices. Reuters reports that store is "offering its top 10 pre-order DVD movie titles at just $10 and free home delivery on its entire assortment of DVD and Blu-ray titles in another move to win holiday sales," including Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince available here.

Amazon.com is offering a great discount today for the Blu-ray special two disc set (including the download) for Half-Blood Prince which will contain the special sneak peek at Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. At more than half-off ($16.99), you can pre-order here, with the UK option here. Fans will recall of course the news that if you purchase the Blu-ray you can take part in the special live screening December 12 with Dan Radcliffe and David Yates via

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

I wish that WB would bundle a regular DVD with the Blu-Ray like Disney does. Blu-Ray just isn’t an option in a van where the kids do most of their watching but I’d prefer the benefits of Blu-Ray for me.

Posted by Noble Birth Descending on November 05, 2009, 01:23 PM report to moderator

Posted by Noble Birth Descending on November 05, 2009, 01:25 PM report to moderator

Posted by Noble Birth Descending on November 05, 2009, 01:26 PM report to moderator

Noble Birth Descending – They did do that. The Blu-ray version comes with the Blu-ray disc, a DVD, and a digital copy.

Posted by gcw07 on November 05, 2009, 01:27 PM report to moderator
Photo-103336_thumb_thumb

$16.99 is a really good price amazon (canada) it’s CDN$ 27.49 for the widescreen 2 disc!

Posted by Phlegm dela Coeur on November 05, 2009, 01:37 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Don’t have blu ray :(

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on November 05, 2009, 02:19 PM report to moderator

Seems too good to be true and if you live in California forget it. i just pre-ordered Half-Blood and Star Trek and was given the message that they can not ship to that state due to restrictions. Anyway wanted to post a heads up.

Posted by radaVid on November 05, 2009, 03:07 PM report to moderator
Wallpaper_04_800x600_thumb

You have to pay shipping but it is only 70 cents. We already have ours ordered!!!!

Posted by professor on November 05, 2009, 03:22 PM report to moderator
_gickr

I want to buy this..:)

Posted by vampressISap0tter *ROAR* on November 05, 2009, 05:22 PM report to moderator
Thistletopiary_thumb

Please think twice before you consider buying these DVDs from WalMart; they require censorship of media before they will sell it, and the company’s corporate policies of land use, hiring and benefits are among the lowest standards in the nation.

That said, I can’t wait to own my own copy of HBP, so I can watch it over and over again :-).

Posted by bettb [ITC!] on November 05, 2009, 05:27 PM report to moderator
Wicca_thumb

Not a surprise that Wal-Mart is selling them so cheep.

Posted by Brosia, OoM 2 [WBM] on November 05, 2009, 08:56 PM report to moderator
Wicca_thumb

I cannot wait to get these!

Posted by Brosia, OoM 2 [WBM] on November 05, 2009, 09:02 PM report to moderator
Wicca_thumb

I cannot wait for this!!!

Posted by Brosia, OoM 2 [WBM] on November 05, 2009, 09:04 PM report to moderator

"Wonder what he teaches?" said Ron, frowning at Professor Lupin's pallid profile.[br]"That's obvious," whispered Hermione. "There's only one vacancy, isn't there? Defense Against the Dark Arts."[br]"Well, I hope he's up to it," said Ron doubtfully. "He lo

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014