Wizarding World of Harry Potter Construction Photos Update

Fans
November 03, 2009, 03:46 AM

UPDATE: Thanks to an TLC reader who wished to remain anonymous, we now have some gorgeous high res photos showing earlier off-site construction for the park, including this of the walls and windows of the great hall, others such as this which reveals the icicles formed on buildings in Hogsmeade, and a photo detailing the base of one of the towers, with the rest found here.

Construction continues at a rapid pace now for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park attraction at Universal Orlando. Thanks to OrlandoNews, Orlando United and now the Orlando Sentinel, there are now quite a few new photos online from the construction, including this large size photo of the many towers of Hogwarts castle, this photo of the workers on the scaffold way at the top of the main tower, as well as this one of some very oddly curved chimneys, with another look seen here. Be sure to check out our extensive collection of construction photos, with the latest starting here in our image galleries. The theme park is set to open sometime in Spring, 2010.

One final related note: The Orlando Sentinel also reports that the Wizarding World will use eco-friendly products throughout the park, noting "Universal's agreement with Advanced Eco Designs of Ocala calls for "furnishings" that will be used as part of the Wizarding World project. Though the public documents aren't more specific, the company's website shows that it builds furniture such as picnic benches made from recycled plastic and theme-park props made with synthetic lumber."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

D474f2f9722352f367d45028747f7d7d_1562290_thumb

AWESOMEEEEE!

Posted by levi-OH-sa, not levio-SA [neville♥myhero] on November 04, 2009, 10:33 AM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

so cool! i’m so going!

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on November 04, 2009, 11:32 AM report to moderator
Kat_thumb

Ahhh if only I could go…
Exciting to see it coming together nontheless!!

Posted by Mercy on November 04, 2009, 04:12 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

I am so going!!

Posted by The Nerd on November 04, 2009, 05:34 PM report to moderator
Phelpstwins_thumb

I’ve been saving up my pennies for this. I can’t wait! I really hope they decide to do holiday events like Disney does, like a “yule ball” theme for winter or a deathday party for Halloween. There are so many ways to be creative!

Posted by deadtree ♥WBM♥ on November 04, 2009, 05:48 PM report to moderator

I can’t wait to go see it for myself!

Posted by Leeann on November 04, 2009, 11:43 PM report to moderator

This is going to be amazing. I can’t wait to go!

Posted by on November 05, 2009, 01:26 AM report to moderator

This is going to be amazing. I can’t wait to go!

Posted by on November 05, 2009, 01:26 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

oooh! but it’s gonna be a while until I can go. :(

Posted by Beazy :) (Formerly: MidnightSun321 ) {!!ROAR!!} on November 05, 2009, 04:03 AM report to moderator
Harrypotter_thumb

Yup. Our hope will never die. Someday, USA. Someday.

Posted by MikeMagpuyo on November 05, 2009, 07:58 AM report to moderator
Image_thumb

Wow…

Posted by Smitch on November 06, 2009, 01:37 AM report to moderator

I am so ridiculously exited for this.

Posted by laurenc on November 06, 2009, 06:05 AM report to moderator
____73_thumb

hahahahaha

Posted by wing on November 06, 2009, 06:19 AM report to moderator
____73_thumb

hahahahaha

Posted by wing on November 06, 2009, 06:19 AM report to moderator

ahhh i want to go soo bad! im trying to convince my mom to take me there when it opend for my birthday present! heres hoping!

Posted by GennaPotter(ROAR!) on November 06, 2009, 07:16 AM report to moderator

"What're you doing here, Sirius?" [Harry] said.[br]"Fulfilling my duty as godfather," said Sirius, gnawing on the chicken bone in a very doglike way. "Don't worry about it, I'm pretending to be a lovable stray."