Wizarding World of Harry Potter Construction Photos Update

Fans
November 03, 2009, 03:46 AM

UPDATE: Thanks to an TLC reader who wished to remain anonymous, we now have some gorgeous high res photos showing earlier off-site construction for the park, including this of the walls and windows of the great hall, others such as this which reveals the icicles formed on buildings in Hogsmeade, and a photo detailing the base of one of the towers, with the rest found here.

Construction continues at a rapid pace now for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park attraction at Universal Orlando. Thanks to OrlandoNews, Orlando United and now the Orlando Sentinel, there are now quite a few new photos online from the construction, including this large size photo of the many towers of Hogwarts castle, this photo of the workers on the scaffold way at the top of the main tower, as well as this one of some very oddly curved chimneys, with another look seen here. Be sure to check out our extensive collection of construction photos, with the latest starting here in our image galleries. The theme park is set to open sometime in Spring, 2010.

One final related note: The Orlando Sentinel also reports that the Wizarding World will use eco-friendly products throughout the park, noting "Universal's agreement with Advanced Eco Designs of Ocala calls for "furnishings" that will be used as part of the Wizarding World project. Though the public documents aren't more specific, the company's website shows that it builds furniture such as picnic benches made from recycled plastic and theme-park props made with synthetic lumber."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

M005_edited-1_thumb

still can’t go. :( 1st!!

Posted by ginevrapotter07 on November 03, 2009, 04:05 AM report to moderator
Img_2315_face0_thumb

Everyday we get a little closer =) Cannot wait!

Posted by Nicci Weasley on November 03, 2009, 04:49 AM report to moderator
Harry-potter-stars_thumb

awesome awesome awesome!

Posted by harrygetsme on November 03, 2009, 05:00 AM report to moderator
Me_desirable_1_thumb

Wow, the castle is really coming together!! I can’t wait to see the finished project!! I just hope I can get there when it opens!!

Posted by paul_hp_fan [OoM2] *ROAR* on November 03, 2009, 07:22 AM report to moderator
Me_desirable_1_thumb

I also agree with " Boy With A Lightning Scar [Crow]" and “joginny1994” spring isn’t far away!! I’m just waiting for one thing at a time; first HBP dvd release (next month), then the WWHP in spring, and finally DH1 in Nov. 2010!! I can’t wait for any of it but I have too!!!

Posted by paul_hp_fan [OoM2] *ROAR* on November 03, 2009, 07:34 AM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Omg … so exciting! We don’t have much longer to wait either! =]

Posted by Christine on November 03, 2009, 10:01 AM report to moderator
Thistletopiary_thumb

I love they way that they are messing with the scale of those towers, windows, etc. to fool our eyes into thinking that the castle is much bigger and farther away than it will actually be. :-) Very clever. And the whole WWHP area will feel bigger because we will feel like this giant castle is looming far over our heads. Maybe they’ll manage to add some “clouds” up there, perched amongst the topmost towers. This is going to be a feast for the eyes!!

Posted by bettb [ITC!] on November 03, 2009, 10:56 AM report to moderator
034_thumb

sweet, can’t wait

Posted by T-BirdROAR on November 03, 2009, 11:22 AM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Awesome new pics! It all looks so real and just like from the movies. I’m so excited to go! :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on November 03, 2009, 11:46 AM report to moderator
Postejeunes4_thumb

I know what you mean, GryffindorGirl. My plane ticket would also cost a lot less if the park were built in the UK, but whatcha gonna do?

Posted by Boy With A Lightning Scar on November 03, 2009, 12:43 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Its looking amazing!!! I want to go soooo bad!!!!

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on November 03, 2009, 01:34 PM report to moderator
41105_10150254604520192_615620191_14488176_2111077_n_thumb

alright!

Posted by placebowiz on November 03, 2009, 02:08 PM report to moderator

aaah! my dad and i are planning to go a few months after its opened: this is a dream come true!

Posted by soggysocks on November 03, 2009, 02:31 PM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

Wish I could go. Like harryplusrachel says, I’d even be happy to be on the same continent!

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on November 03, 2009, 02:39 PM report to moderator
Wicca_thumb

So wish I could go. Someday I will.

Posted by Brosia, OoM 2 [WBM] on November 03, 2009, 02:46 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"I'm -- er -- not supposed ter do magic, strictly speakin'."