David Yates and Cast Members Talk Half-Blood Prince DVD and More

HBP Film
November 29, 2009, 09:18 PM

Thanks to our friends at Oclumencia for pointing us to a series of interviews with Vira-Tempo blog where director David Yates and several of the cast members discuss the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince DVD. Links can be found here: Dan Radcliffe, David Yates, Rupert GrintBonnie Wright, and Emma Watson. Of interest are new comments from Dan Radcliffe and David Yates on that Blu-ray live community screening that will take place December 12 as well as a bit on the Deathly Hallows sneak peek as follows:

"So you’re undertaking something of a first with the Blu-ray release of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
with the Live Community Screening – can you tell me more about that?
DAVID YATES: "Yes. Technically, it's an extraordinary event. It’s happened before, but not on the global scale that we're going to do because obviously there are Harry Potter fans everywhere on the planet. It's on December 12th of this year and Daniel Radcliffe and I will be answering questions directly from fans via BD-Live about how we made the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and some of the things that were challenging as we made it, and some of the things that I'm sure the fans will begin to know about: Why did we leave some things out? Why did some things come in? And it will be the first time that we'll really engage with that global fan-base on a minute-by-minute basis, so it'll be really cool.

So you’ll be enticing people to take part, obviously?
Dan Radcliffe: Oh, absolutely. I'm actually genuinely very, very excited about it. I think it'll be really cool. I'm looking forward to some absolutely mental questions, and probably questions I haven't been asked before because fans come at the film from a totally different side to journalists. So I imagine there'll be some stuff I've never heard before."

David Yates also speaks to the Deathly Hallows sneak peek we will be getting next month.We thought we'd just give them a few little snippets of what we've been doing over the past seven months as we shot Deathly Hallows. We don't want to give too much away; it's a few little tidbits of some of the sequences that we've been filming. I'm so excited about the two movies that we're making from the Deathly Hallows and we just wanted to give the fans a bit of a taste of that with the Blu-ray.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

cant wait!!

Posted by The Nerd on November 30, 2009, 04:24 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

awesome!!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on November 30, 2009, 06:43 PM report to moderator
Image

awesome!!

Posted by magicmaniac on November 30, 2009, 08:19 PM report to moderator

This sounds great. I didn’t realize it was global. Anyone know how to tune into it or is there a place you go to..? I’m UK based. Not really up on these things.

Posted by anne1 on November 30, 2009, 08:37 PM report to moderator
Hpim0307_thumb

DustinTheWhite,

YodatheHobbit saying the movies are amazing is no more over the top than your saying they are garbage. Opinions, opinions.

To me, the movies are all true to the books (especially from PoA and forward), which I find amazing. Some stuff is cut, some stuff is added (both for very obvious reasons), but they always keep the central themes and emotions intact. That’s commendable.

Anyway, I can’t wait for this community screening! I’m glad I have a Blu-ray player! :D

Posted by Aga Veneficus on November 30, 2009, 09:00 PM report to moderator

Awesome i will be in on that, cant wiat

Posted by madman1277 on December 01, 2009, 01:10 AM report to moderator
Tamy_129_thumb

I hope I can be there.I definetely want them to answer my questions but actually I don’t have many questions to ask and I believe my questions are the same of thousand of fans.I think I’ll just watch.I have thousand of questions to Jo Rowling not to D .Yates.

Posted by Tamyris on December 01, 2009, 03:15 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Thats nice…

Posted by Won_Two on December 01, 2009, 05:53 AM report to moderator
Postejeunes4_thumb

Well, Dan’s right. Fan questions are usually more challenging than the ones journalists keep asking.

Posted by Boy With A Lightning Scar on December 01, 2009, 06:10 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

cant wait!!

Posted by The Nerd on December 01, 2009, 08:28 AM report to moderator
Picture_1_thumb

Awesome!!! I cannot WAIT for the DVD!!!!

Posted by theREALGinnyWeasley on December 01, 2009, 08:43 AM report to moderator
Picture_1_thumb

Awesome!!! I cannot WAIT for the DVD!!!!

Normal_hp_actors_thumb

@DustinTheWhite, sorry you don’t love the movies but I do, especially the HBP. Can’t wait until the next tuesday when I will own it.

Posted by CandyCane2304 on December 01, 2009, 10:19 AM report to moderator
Image

awesome!!

Posted by magicmaniac on December 01, 2009, 12:24 PM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

Can’t wit till the 6th!

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on December 01, 2009, 02:04 PM report to moderator

"...Umbridge tried to get back into [Dumbledore's] office last night after they'd searched the castle grounds for him. Couldn't get past the gargoyle. The Head's office has sealed itself against her." Ernie smirked. "Apparently she had a right little ta