David Yates and Cast Members Talk Half-Blood Prince DVD and More

HBP Film
November 29, 2009, 09:18 PM

Thanks to our friends at Oclumencia for pointing us to a series of interviews with Vira-Tempo blog where director David Yates and several of the cast members discuss the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince DVD. Links can be found here: Dan Radcliffe, David Yates, Rupert GrintBonnie Wright, and Emma Watson. Of interest are new comments from Dan Radcliffe and David Yates on that Blu-ray live community screening that will take place December 12 as well as a bit on the Deathly Hallows sneak peek as follows:

"So you’re undertaking something of a first with the Blu-ray release of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
with the Live Community Screening – can you tell me more about that?
DAVID YATES: "Yes. Technically, it's an extraordinary event. It’s happened before, but not on the global scale that we're going to do because obviously there are Harry Potter fans everywhere on the planet. It's on December 12th of this year and Daniel Radcliffe and I will be answering questions directly from fans via BD-Live about how we made the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and some of the things that were challenging as we made it, and some of the things that I'm sure the fans will begin to know about: Why did we leave some things out? Why did some things come in? And it will be the first time that we'll really engage with that global fan-base on a minute-by-minute basis, so it'll be really cool.

So you’ll be enticing people to take part, obviously?
Dan Radcliffe: Oh, absolutely. I'm actually genuinely very, very excited about it. I think it'll be really cool. I'm looking forward to some absolutely mental questions, and probably questions I haven't been asked before because fans come at the film from a totally different side to journalists. So I imagine there'll be some stuff I've never heard before."

David Yates also speaks to the Deathly Hallows sneak peek we will be getting next month.We thought we'd just give them a few little snippets of what we've been doing over the past seven months as we shot Deathly Hallows. We don't want to give too much away; it's a few little tidbits of some of the sequences that we've been filming. I'm so excited about the two movies that we're making from the Deathly Hallows and we just wanted to give the fans a bit of a taste of that with the Blu-ray.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Photo-103336_thumb_thumb

that’s awesome! i wonder if a transcript of the screening will pop up online later, i’m curious about ‘mental questions’!!!

Posted by Phlegm dela Coeur on November 29, 2009, 09:52 PM report to moderator
149638_103433969730594_2631787_n_thumb

Wow…

I’m a techie geek. I wonder how they’re going to support the bandwidth.

Posted by sessionka oom4 CW on November 29, 2009, 10:46 PM report to moderator

Yes we have read the books, its too bad the director didn’t or else these movies would be a lot better!

Posted by DustinTheWhite on November 29, 2009, 11:39 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

that’s going to be awesome!!

Posted by Swizzle on November 30, 2009, 12:23 AM report to moderator
Is22581022_thumb

These movies are amazing. Exactly like the books does not = better.

Posted by YodatheHobbit on November 30, 2009, 02:39 AM report to moderator
98143829_thumb
1910 Points

Great!!!

Posted by Jane_Potter on November 30, 2009, 04:33 AM report to moderator
Fwooper1_thumb

I know I am a total idiot – but could anyone please explain to me what is meant by blueray screening and how exactly fans are enabled to participate and to ask questions ? Sorry about this ignorance and thanks in advance for enlightening me.

Posted by siena on November 30, 2009, 07:11 AM report to moderator
Me_desirable_1_thumb

Great interviews!!! We all know a transcript of some type of the screening will pop up online at some point, and I can’t wait to see it!!!

Posted by paul_hp_fan [OoM2] *ROAR* on November 30, 2009, 08:42 AM report to moderator

YodatheHobbit, you’re right, exactly like the books does not equal better. However, your statement about how “amazing” these movies are is a bit over the top. The first two movies captured the spirit of the books far better than the latest four movies have. I consider the first two in my top ten favorite movies and the later four make up almost half of my ten least favorite movies. Just because you’re a Harry Potter fan does not mean you have to like the garbage they put into some of these movies.

Posted by DustinTheWhite on November 30, 2009, 09:09 AM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Super cool!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on November 30, 2009, 09:59 AM report to moderator
Image_thumb

Wow, can’t wait to watch!

Posted by Smitch on November 30, 2009, 11:09 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I honestly and truly wish that I owned a Blu Ray player so that I could participate in this conversation that is sure to be illuminating. That said, I do hope someone uploads a transcript of the event to the internet.

Posted by Kirk on November 30, 2009, 01:45 PM report to moderator
2013-07-19_113504_thumb

I think he’s right in saying that HP fans will ask different questions than journalists, we actually have read the books and know what the movies should be based on. Very excited for all of the info.

Posted by Want to be a Weasley on November 30, 2009, 03:21 PM report to moderator

Posted by DustinTheWhite on November 30, 2009, 03:43 PM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

cant whate

Posted by alicia00 on November 30, 2009, 03:56 PM report to moderator

It was the unicorn all right, and it was dead. Harry had never seen anything so beautiful and sad. Its long, slender legs were stuck out at odd angles where it had fallen and its mane was spread pearly-white on the dark leaves.