PotterCast 209: When Harry Met Momo

PotterCast
Posted by: Edward
November 21, 2009, 12:07 PM

The 209th episode of PotterCast, our Harry Potter podcast, is online and ready to be downloaded.  This week, our Sue is away, but we still have for you a run down of the latest in the Potter world, including news on the release of a featurette from the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince DVD, rumors about the Wizarding World of Harry Potter Theme Park release date, further construction updates about the Theme Park, iPhone Spells App from WB, and the release of first deleted scene from the HBP film.  Next, we bring you information on what is going on in the many areas of the Leaky Cauldron with a site-wide run down.  Half-Blood Pieces follows with a discussion of Harry's trip to Diagon Alley where we get our first look at the Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes shop from the sixth Potter film.  Finally, the show wraps up with talk of Castle, Avatar, the audio of Rupert Grint on the character of Ron, and much more.

Stay tuned to the very end of the show for a very special, one week only, Avatar podcast with Melissa, John, and Frak! :)

As a reminder, the LeakyCon DVD, which will be available to pre-order soon, will also include all wizard rock performances from our conference.  If you like live wizard rock, be sure to reserve your copy of the upcoming LeakyCon Live Album of the wizard rock live shows at our LeakyCon 2009 conference.  To listen, just hit the "Play" button on the right side of the page (->), or use iTunes, or direct download.

"When Harry Met Momo"
RT: 56:57
Producer: John Noe

Also, special thanks to our ever-vigilant UStream Mods for monitoring the live PotterCast recordings.

LeakyCon 2011: A Harry Potter Conference in Orlando!
“Harry, A History” Website
Jingle Spells 2
PotterCast Vlogs
Podcast Alley
Digg

Direct download.

Low-band Direct download.

Remember you don't need an iPod to listen. Listen easily on iTunes, which you can download and install here, by clicking here to listen, or you can just use the streaming Flash player at PotterCast.com or just on the right side of this page. Discussion of the PotterCast is right here. Enjoy!

Leaky's Harry Potter Twitter list is the most exhaustive collection of news and official Harry Potter information in the world. Be sure to follow it today!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent PotterCast News

Hydrangeas_thumb

the title sounds funny

Posted by alicia00 on November 21, 2009, 08:42 PM report to moderator

The Avatar discussion was great! I’m such a big Airbender fan, and I’m really glad that other people don’t just pass the show up. I know a lot of people just think it’s a kids cartoon.

They’re making a live action movie (not Avatar) coming out in July and M. Night Shyamalan is directing it. They have some pictures up, I think the trailer is coming out in December. I’m not quite sure about how it’s looking, but the kid from Slumdog Millionaire, Dev Patel, is playing Zuko, and I’m looking forward to it.

I could talk about Avatar for hours!

Posted by ErinTheStampede on November 21, 2009, 09:05 PM report to moderator
Simple_face_thumb

I really enjoyed the Avatar discussion! I would love to hear more on the next broadcast. I look forward to your next show.

Posted by AvatarMoyi on November 22, 2009, 02:11 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I will download it to listen to this weekend! It sounds like it will be another truly fantastic episode!

Posted by Kirk on November 22, 2009, 04:35 AM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_version_thumb

LOVED the avatar talk. That’s my absolute favorite show!!! Watched all the episodes when the premired and I own the whole series. I love Avatar and the comparison with Harry Potter and Avatar. When you guys had trouble remembering some of the characters names I was just sitting here shouting them. I was like “TYLEE!! It’s Tylee!” Awesome episode!!

Posted by fangirl23 on November 22, 2009, 05:13 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_m0hexavzz21qb3do9o6_250_normal_thumb

I’m not much for Avatar, but I can’t wait to listen to all the Potter news!

Posted by Owana Potter on November 22, 2009, 05:15 AM report to moderator
Pluto_thumb

Avatar ?
Really?!

Posted by simos girl {WBM} ~Lemon~ on November 22, 2009, 06:20 AM report to moderator

YEEEESSS i’ve been waiting forever

Posted by ApplesArthur on November 22, 2009, 06:46 AM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

awesome!!! another PC!!! these things keep me sane through out the week when school gets to stresfull! i havent listend to one in a while!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on November 22, 2009, 06:51 AM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

I love Avatar! I haven’t watched it in a while but I’ll have to re-watch it now! The discussion was really great, but you guys didn’t even mention Momo! He is one of my favourite characters! I can’t wait for the movie to come out. Have you seen the trailer? It looks like it’s going to be really good as well.
Looking forward to more discussion but maybe it should be in a separate episode so as not to upset any non-Avatar-fans.

Posted by nonnankobra on November 22, 2009, 08:48 AM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Awesome! Downloaded it last night and will listen to it soon!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on November 22, 2009, 11:08 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Recording it…

Posted by Won_Two on November 22, 2009, 11:51 AM report to moderator
Me_halloween_thumb

Yay! This episode was a little weird, but I loved it because I am a huge Avatar fan. I cried like a little girl in last episode with the Zuko-Uncle Iroh reunion. Also, I completely agree with Melissa that the Fire Nation are Gryfindors that became corrupted, because they were pretty good until the Power hungry Firelord took over. Also, princess Azula kind of reminds me a Bellatrix Lestrange, because they are both pyscho.

Also, totally excited for Jingle Spells 3!

Posted by HugsForWizards on November 22, 2009, 06:54 PM report to moderator
Postejeunes4_thumb

Thanks for the new PC. I must say though, I’m a bit sad that the HP discussion lasted only for… what, 30 mins?

Posted by Boy With A Lightning Scar on November 22, 2009, 08:01 PM report to moderator
98143829_thumb
1910 Points

Cool!!!

Posted by Jane_Potter on November 22, 2009, 09:38 PM report to moderator

"I think Divination seems very woolly... A lot of guesswork, if you ask me."[br]"There was nothing woolly about the Grim in that cup!" said Ron hotly.[br]"You didn't seem quite so confident when you were telling Harry it was a sheep," said Hermione coolly

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014