J.K. Rowling Loves Butterbeer and More from Wizarding World of Harry Potter Sneak Peek

Movies
November 20, 2009, 04:55 PM

It's not often that we get to see the creator of the wonderful world of Harry Potter  enjoying a bit of magical fun, so we are delighted to report a fun tidbit today. The video of the sneak peek of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter from the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince DVD is now online, and in this piece which you can see here, there is this glimpse of Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling with her glass of Butterbeer. Cheers Jo!

In the video, we learn that Jo attended a special tasting of the butterbeer and "loved it," the same beverage which will be served at the theme park. Other new details include more on the fantastic Hogwarts Castle, where fans will be able to see the Defense Against the Dark Arts room, the Gryffindor Common Room and more. Rupert Grint also reveals the Whomping Willow and, alas, the giant spider are due to make an appearance, while Emma Watson confirms again they made a special film which is part of the ride which encompasses some of the best moments from each of the Harry Potter movies. We urge you to watch the full video for much more, and be sure to check out this of some plans and inside Hogwarts here, plus the earlier screencaps here in our galleries. Enjoy!
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando is set to open next Spring, with the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince DVD due out here in the US on December 8th.

Thanks much to UHP for emailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

____73_thumb

hahahahaha

Posted by wing on November 20, 2009, 11:47 PM report to moderator
____73_thumb

hahahahaha

Posted by wing on November 20, 2009, 11:47 PM report to moderator
Postejeunes4_thumb

Yeah, I saw that in the DVD extras. I’m really anxious to taste it myself.

Posted by Boy With A Lightning Scar on November 21, 2009, 06:13 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

WOW that looks awesome :]]
I wish i could go :/

Posted by IloveDobby on November 21, 2009, 07:10 AM report to moderator

I CANNOT wait!

Posted by Hope on November 21, 2009, 08:00 AM report to moderator
Swampwolf-bucket_thumb

Dumbledore: “I’m going to have eight pints of butterbeer”. I’d like to see him make the unbreakable vow and say that…

Posted by Janitor of Azkaban on November 21, 2009, 10:28 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

I am soo going to that!!!

Posted by The Nerd on November 21, 2009, 10:44 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

I am soo going to that!!!

Posted by The Nerd on November 21, 2009, 10:44 AM report to moderator
Iconator_4a84e48cd91bc7150c419e167949a783_thumb

is it 2010 yet?!

Posted by cosmo409 on November 21, 2009, 12:21 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

thats the first thing im ordering at the hogs head!!!!
its nice seeing Jo we havent heard from her in a while! hehehe kinda miss her in the news!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on November 21, 2009, 12:32 PM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

sweet i cant whate when i get my glass of butter beer at the theam park

Posted by alicia00 on November 21, 2009, 03:19 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

If J.K. Rowling approves, I am positive that I will as well.

Posted by Kirk on November 21, 2009, 03:50 PM report to moderator
____73_thumb

hahahahaha

Posted by wing on November 21, 2009, 03:52 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

I so want to try Butterbeer so bad! I hope it tastes good!

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on November 21, 2009, 05:50 PM report to moderator
416imcmhjil__sl500_aa253__thumb

im so excited im going to orlando soon after it opens

Posted by LilyFish7808 on November 21, 2009, 06:21 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

...both twins were hurled out of the golden circle as though they had been thrown by an invisible shot-putter. They landed painfully, ten feet away on the cold stone floor, and to add insult to injury, there was a loud popping noise, and both of them spro