J.K. Rowling Loves Butterbeer and More from Wizarding World of Harry Potter Sneak Peek

Movies
November 20, 2009, 04:55 PM

It's not often that we get to see the creator of the wonderful world of Harry Potter  enjoying a bit of magical fun, so we are delighted to report a fun tidbit today. The video of the sneak peek of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter from the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince DVD is now online, and in this piece which you can see here, there is this glimpse of Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling with her glass of Butterbeer. Cheers Jo!

In the video, we learn that Jo attended a special tasting of the butterbeer and "loved it," the same beverage which will be served at the theme park. Other new details include more on the fantastic Hogwarts Castle, where fans will be able to see the Defense Against the Dark Arts room, the Gryffindor Common Room and more. Rupert Grint also reveals the Whomping Willow and, alas, the giant spider are due to make an appearance, while Emma Watson confirms again they made a special film which is part of the ride which encompasses some of the best moments from each of the Harry Potter movies. We urge you to watch the full video for much more, and be sure to check out this of some plans and inside Hogwarts here, plus the earlier screencaps here in our galleries. Enjoy!
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando is set to open next Spring, with the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince DVD due out here in the US on December 8th.

Thanks much to UHP for emailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Mr_bean__thumb

ooh first!

Posted by hermionenluna TZS ROAR! on November 20, 2009, 04:58 PM report to moderator
Mr_bean__thumb

i’d love some butterbeer right now

Posted by hermionenluna TZS ROAR! on November 20, 2009, 04:59 PM report to moderator
Rl1_thumb

I want to find out that recipe! I’ve tried a whole bunch, but they’re not quite what I wanted.

Posted by Moony. on November 20, 2009, 05:13 PM report to moderator
Pluto_thumb

Jo looks disgusted by the butterbeer :)

Posted by simos girl {WBM} ~Lemon~ on November 20, 2009, 05:15 PM report to moderator
Demons_and_angels_rotating_thumb

Looks AMAZING!!!!!

Posted by aras on November 20, 2009, 05:16 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

awesome!!!!!!!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on November 20, 2009, 05:17 PM report to moderator
C9651bb469eb9c5e_thumb

Butterbeer is going to be so fun to buy.

Posted by hglovesrw {ROAR} on November 20, 2009, 05:25 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

I’m gonna wait until I the dvd’s out. Then I can have something to look forward to! :D

Posted by Christine on November 20, 2009, 05:31 PM report to moderator
Bokorm_-p_thumb

No words for how excited I am! I really hope it doesn’t disappoint, though, that would suck. But hoping for the best, looks amazing so far! :D

Posted by Lisbry on November 20, 2009, 05:38 PM report to moderator
Bokorm_-p_thumb

Posted by Lisbry on November 20, 2009, 05:38 PM report to moderator
Mac3_thumb
1925 Points

OMG can’t wait what is the exact date it opens i maybe able to go for my sweet 16!!!

Posted by Parkinsonpansy on November 20, 2009, 05:39 PM report to moderator

This is my favorite picture of J.K. Rowling ever. Butterbeer FTW! This makes my life.

Posted by GreenLightening on November 20, 2009, 05:43 PM report to moderator
Image

awesome!!

Posted by magicmaniac on November 20, 2009, 06:11 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

I’m always a bit iffy on the theme park but that was a brilliant little clip. Ever since the books I ALWAYS wanted butterbeer. It looks so good! Part me of me thinks now the HBP butterbeer bit was subtle product placement. Touche WB, man it looks so nice, I want!

Posted by KiwiMcI on November 20, 2009, 07:35 PM report to moderator
Kc_lucius1_thumb

cannot wait to order a butterbeer!!

Posted by KC Nox on November 20, 2009, 11:28 PM report to moderator

He was bearing down on Harry like a great bulldog, all his teeth bared. "Well, I've got news for you, boy.... I'm locking you up.... You're never going back to that school... never... and if you try and magic yourself out -- they'll expel you!"[br]And lau

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014