Dan Radcliffe as Harry Potter: An Icon of the Decade Cover for Empire Magazine

Radcliffe
November 02, 2009, 06:07 AM

The December issue of Empire magazine will see ten different covers featuring ten different film "icons" including Dan Radcliffe as Harry Potter. The UK film magazine says this issue will contain a feature that has "Ten years of the boy wizard. Ten years of Daniel Radcliffe - by Olly Richards" Other covers include those of Viggo Mortensen as Aragon from Lord of the Rings, Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow from the Pirates series, Daniel Craig as James Bond, with the rest of the covers seen here. UPDATE: Thanks to Snitchseeker who mailed about scans they have here, here and here.

The December issue of Empire will be on newsstands soon. Thanks much Radcakesfan!

Leaky's Harry Potter Twitter list is the most exhaustive collection of news and official Harry Potter information in the world. Be sure to follow it today!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

Harryhedwig_thumb

Very cool, but I do wish there were more female icons. Maybe Galadriel or Buffy? There must be other options I’m not thinking of.

Posted by LunaSpecs on November 03, 2009, 11:10 AM report to moderator
Wicca_thumb

I think it is cool that Daniel is seen as an icon.

Posted by Brosia, OoM 2 [WBM] on November 03, 2009, 11:34 AM report to moderator
Dgraymanclockroom37_thumb

Awesome! I want to buy that magazine sooo bad now.

Posted by Rumbleroarϟ{WBM!}ǝıʞɔnp! on November 03, 2009, 11:42 AM report to moderator
Avatar_spitfyre_thumb

Sweet! I really want one!

Posted by SpitFyre on November 03, 2009, 11:44 AM report to moderator
Greathornedowl_thumb

I’m surprised Shaun of the Dead made it, but that movie was hysterical!! :D

Posted by PhoenixFlight [ITC!] on November 03, 2009, 12:46 PM report to moderator

SO proud of Daniel… so proud of the ENTIRE Harry Potter family. <3

Posted by emdash84 on November 03, 2009, 01:24 PM report to moderator
Leaky3_thumb

I’m in love…

Leaky3_thumb

with the magazine not Harry or dan lmao

Tumblr_n28b4fpncl1qan42po2_r1_250_thumb
20962 Points

So awsome, I wish they had it here in the states

Posted by LunaLuver on November 03, 2009, 03:03 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

How nice!

Posted by Won_Two on November 03, 2009, 04:02 PM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

I think I’ll probably just have to buy the Aragorn cover, I love Harry Potter but nothing can compare with Viggo Mortensen as Aragorn for me!

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on November 03, 2009, 04:55 PM report to moderator
Hedwig_avatar_thumb

Empire don’t know their Harry Potter, they labelled a photo of Dan and Katie Leung with director David Yates as Goblet of Fire!

Posted by Graymayne on November 03, 2009, 07:19 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-stars_thumb

very nice :)

Posted by harrygetsme on November 03, 2009, 09:07 PM report to moderator
Postejeunes4_thumb

Really great for him.

Posted by Boy With A Lightning Scar on November 03, 2009, 09:23 PM report to moderator
Tiny_tonks_thumb

Jack Sparrow, Wolverine, Harry Potter, the Joker, and Aragon, all mentioned in the same article. Me likey.

Posted by Ama.Dear on November 04, 2009, 12:44 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"Do either of you know what house you'll be in? I've been asking around, and I hope I'm in Gryffindor, it sounds by far the best; I hear Dumbledore himself was in it, but I suppose Ravenclaw wouldn't be too bad..."