Dan Radcliffe as Harry Potter: An Icon of the Decade Cover for Empire Magazine

Radcliffe
November 02, 2009, 06:07 AM

The December issue of Empire magazine will see ten different covers featuring ten different film "icons" including Dan Radcliffe as Harry Potter. The UK film magazine says this issue will contain a feature that has "Ten years of the boy wizard. Ten years of Daniel Radcliffe - by Olly Richards" Other covers include those of Viggo Mortensen as Aragon from Lord of the Rings, Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow from the Pirates series, Daniel Craig as James Bond, with the rest of the covers seen here. UPDATE: Thanks to Snitchseeker who mailed about scans they have here, here and here.

The December issue of Empire will be on newsstands soon. Thanks much Radcakesfan!

Leaky's Harry Potter Twitter list is the most exhaustive collection of news and official Harry Potter information in the world. Be sure to follow it today!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

Me_thumb

cool.. will definitely grab a copy with Dan’s cover..

Posted by alegria35 on November 02, 2009, 05:58 PM report to moderator
Phpthumb

Great i have a subscription!!!!!

Posted by Mugglemadness on November 02, 2009, 06:01 PM report to moderator
Harryserioustare_thumb

Congrats Dan!! Hell yeah he is an icon!!!

Posted by egdillonROAR!!! on November 02, 2009, 06:01 PM report to moderator
Mv5bmje0njy5mte2nv5bml5banbnxkftztywnzu4mtk1

Awesome! Go Dan!!

Posted by Beckster235 on November 02, 2009, 06:40 PM report to moderator
The_one__colored_by_burdge_bug_thumb

half of those articles sound amazing! does it mean we have to buy them all to read them??

Posted by Luce-Lupin !~ROAR~! on November 02, 2009, 08:30 PM report to moderator
250px-youre-a-wizard

Great choices of “Icons of the decade”

Posted by EnricoDc on November 02, 2009, 09:53 PM report to moderator
Frangipani_flowers_thumb

That’s awesome!

Posted by gingersnape on November 02, 2009, 10:40 PM report to moderator

hell yeah! he’s an icon.

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on November 02, 2009, 10:55 PM report to moderator

My copy Empire arrived in the post last week (I’ve got a subscription). Unfortunately it’s not the cover with Daniel Radcliffe but it is nice and shiny and silvery. I hope it still has the article in there.

Posted by enchantedsocks on November 02, 2009, 11:46 PM report to moderator
394omggggg--chibi_rei_thumb

Wish we could buy just the covers for a cheap price :-D I’d love to get the Viggo and Johnny Depp covers, along with the Dan cover. Viggo was the most perfect Aragorn you can imagine (not that Elijah Wood wouldn’t have made a great Frodo, I totally love him in that role), and as for Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow… Well, he’s just too good for words. :-)

Posted by MischiefManaged on November 03, 2009, 12:05 AM report to moderator
Image_thumb

Iconic, indeed!

Posted by Smitch on November 03, 2009, 12:08 AM report to moderator
Kat_thumb

I’d say that he is a good choice for Icon of the Decade. Who doesn’t know his face even if they aren’t Harry Potter fans?

Posted by Mercy on November 03, 2009, 12:24 AM report to moderator
Thistletopiary_thumb

Can’t wait to read the Harry article, but, geez, only ONE woman out of ten? I mean, Wolverine? Shaun?! I guess these picks are limited to action flicks, where there have always been scarcely any women. I’d rather see Jane Austen! Just sayin’.

Posted by bettb [ITC!] on November 03, 2009, 12:27 AM report to moderator
Lily_evans_and_severus_snape_by_aura3107_thumb

I so need to find me a copy of this mag with Dan on the cover!! (it has to be added to my collection:)

Posted by JessSnape on November 03, 2009, 02:27 AM report to moderator
Postejeunes4_thumb

Good for Dan. He is a living legend now!

Posted by Boy With A Lightning Scar on November 03, 2009, 03:08 AM report to moderator

"That was a disarming charm... yes, an excellent idea to show them that, Professor Snape, but if you don't mind my saying so, it was very obvious what you were about to do. If I had wanted to stop you it would have been only too easy -- however, I felt it