Imelda Staunton as Umbridge: Back in Pink for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

DH Film
November 19, 2009, 07:35 PM

The always fabulous Imelda Staunton is the subject of a new profile in the Daily Mail. In the new interview she remarks on her return performance as the horrible ex-Professor Umbridge and her reign of (interrogation) terror in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, noting:

"Now, that is a great role,' she says with relish. 'It was wonderful playing this baddie dressed in pink, and to be able to play her again is a real treat.'

Her first Harry Potter was in 2007. Did it change her life? No, not really. I don't get chased down the street by hordes of kids. I still live a very normal life. 'The one good thing is that I get a lot more good scripts coming through my letterbox. Vera Drake raised my profile in one way, and then Harry Potter in another.'

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Gosh! I like her (as an actress), but I simply hate her when she’s Umbridge! >___< XD

Posted by Odd sock on November 20, 2009, 02:10 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Glad she is coming back… I was hoping they wouldn’t cut her out the film. :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on November 20, 2009, 02:10 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I eagerly await seeing her return; she was absolutely delectable and irresistibly odious as Umbridge.

Posted by Kirk on November 20, 2009, 02:18 PM report to moderator
Mr_bean__thumb

ahh i love her!!! she is so great as umbridge

Posted by hermionenluna TZS ROAR! on November 20, 2009, 03:35 PM report to moderator
Thistletopiary_thumb

Can’t wait to see Harry Stupefy her in her Interrogation chamber and steal that locket back!!

Posted by bettb [ITC!] on November 20, 2009, 03:40 PM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2010-11-20_at_12

As much as I loathe her character, I am happy Imelda Staunton is back to play her! She plays her so perfectly! Although, she’s not hideous the way that i envisioned Umbridge. LOL.

Posted by SlyBones on November 20, 2009, 03:59 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

Awesome!! I’m so excited she’s coming back. She’s brilliant!!!

Posted by cghambright on November 20, 2009, 04:01 PM report to moderator
Buckbeak_thumb

Bring on the centaurs.

Posted by Girlraven1 on November 20, 2009, 04:20 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

yay!! she played the role amazingly!!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on November 20, 2009, 04:20 PM report to moderator
Img_2315_face0_thumb

She does a great job as Umbridge!
Wonderful!

Posted by Nicci Weasley on November 20, 2009, 06:11 PM report to moderator
Ginny_thumb

YES! She was so perfect for Umbridge. Oh how I love to hate that woman.

Posted by RaveKatie [WBM] on November 20, 2009, 10:21 PM report to moderator
____73_thumb

hahahahaha

Posted by wing on November 20, 2009, 11:41 PM report to moderator
____73_thumb

hahahahaha

Posted by wing on November 20, 2009, 11:41 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

duh duh duh! she’s back!!!!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on November 21, 2009, 12:03 AM report to moderator
____73_thumb

hahahahaha

Posted by wing on November 21, 2009, 03:46 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"So that's a house-elf?" Ron muttered. "Weird things, aren't they?"[br]"Dobby was weirder," said Harry fervently.