Imelda Staunton as Umbridge: Back in Pink for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

DH Film
November 19, 2009, 07:35 PM

The always fabulous Imelda Staunton is the subject of a new profile in the Daily Mail. In the new interview she remarks on her return performance as the horrible ex-Professor Umbridge and her reign of (interrogation) terror in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, noting:

"Now, that is a great role,' she says with relish. 'It was wonderful playing this baddie dressed in pink, and to be able to play her again is a real treat.'

Her first Harry Potter was in 2007. Did it change her life? No, not really. I don't get chased down the street by hordes of kids. I still live a very normal life. 'The one good thing is that I get a lot more good scripts coming through my letterbox. Vera Drake raised my profile in one way, and then Harry Potter in another.'

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Avi_thumb

(first) :D

Posted by DesQueJteVois on November 19, 2009, 07:40 PM report to moderator
Harrypotter5pic2_thumb

Yay. Umbridge needs to be there.

Posted by kyramp on November 19, 2009, 07:41 PM report to moderator
Bokorm_-p_thumb

I’m so glad she’s back. :]

Posted by Lisbry on November 19, 2009, 07:49 PM report to moderator
Water_lilies_thumb

woohoo Deathly Hallows! Can’t wait to see Dobby again!

Posted by sgreeter8888 on November 19, 2009, 08:29 PM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb
OH NO HER AGAIN
Posted by alicia00 on November 19, 2009, 10:25 PM report to moderator

Glad they’re keeping everyone in for DH but I CANNOT stand Umbridge!

Posted by madamedollface on November 19, 2009, 11:58 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

OMG! I can’t wait to see her head go plunk! I just love to hate her.

Posted by Rhiannon on November 20, 2009, 02:08 AM report to moderator
Postejeunes4_thumb

YES! I kind of figured she would be back, but still, it’s great to have it confirmed.

Posted by Boy With A Lightning Scar on November 20, 2009, 03:00 AM report to moderator
98143829_thumb
1910 Points

She’s a great actress!!!

Posted by Jane_Potter on November 20, 2009, 04:37 AM report to moderator
Me_desirable_1_thumb

It’s great how everyone is coming back!! Imelda Staunton is a great actress. I really despise Umbridge (the character) but it wouldn’t be the same without her.

Posted by paul_hp_fan [OoM2] *ROAR* on November 20, 2009, 07:20 AM report to moderator
Hogwarts03_thumb

So glad shes back. The scene with Umbridge @ the MoM could not be left out and I dont think anyone could pull off Umbridge’s evilness quite like Imelda!

Posted by IwishIwas@Hogwarts on November 20, 2009, 07:41 AM report to moderator
Kc_lucius1_thumb

eeek!! she is sooo vicious!

Posted by KC Nox on November 20, 2009, 07:46 AM report to moderator
Lovegood2_thumb

goood!!!!!!!!!!!! she was an amazing umbridge

Posted by Loveforluna on November 20, 2009, 08:50 AM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

I agree with everyone (lol) … Umbridge is such a loathsome character but, Imelda Staunton plays her just perfectly. It would be too easy to portray her as an evil caricature but, she comes across as someone totally vile. I am so excited for DH already :)

Posted by Moose_Starr on November 20, 2009, 09:42 AM report to moderator
Natalieportman14_thumb

It’s going to be nice to see her get taken down again by the same students who took her down last time. (Remember? It was Harry and Hermione who led her into the forest and now it’ll be Harry and Hermione who leave her unprotected against the Dementors.)

Posted by Tassana Burrfoot on November 20, 2009, 09:44 AM report to moderator

"I walked in on them [i]kissing[/i] in an empty classroom one day. [Percy] was so upset when she was -- you know -- attacked. You won't tease him, will you?" [Ginny] added anxiously.[br]"Wouldn't dream of it," said Fred, who was looking like his birthday