Aerial Shots of City of Hunsbury England Filmed for Deathly Hallows

DH Film
November 19, 2009, 07:49 PM

Thanks to TLC reader Emma, we know that the city of Hunsbury, England will feature in overhead shots for the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Emma pointed us to this article which says:

"The Warner Brothers team went up in a helicopter to film aerial footage of the residential area last Thursday.As reported by this newspaper they had posted letters to residents asking them to leave lights on and curtains open why the filming took place.It was on Tuesday night that the production company’s location department revealed what the filming was for. The news has delighted residents and the non-magical muggle folk who are now hoping to catch a glimpse of the Northampton skyline when the film is released.

The Mayor of Northampton, Cllr Michael Hill, who lives in East Hunsbury, received the letter to keep his lights on.He said: “To be honest, I completely forgot! I think it would be nice if Northampton is given credit for taking part, but it will mean very little if we are just part of an anonymous backdrop.“I think a few people will go along and try and see their houses.”

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

____73_thumb

hahahahaha

Posted by wing on November 20, 2009, 11:42 PM report to moderator
____73_thumb

hahahahaha

Posted by wing on November 20, 2009, 11:42 PM report to moderator
____73_thumb

hahahahaha

Posted by wing on November 21, 2009, 03:47 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

THAT IS SO AWESOME! wish i lived there! they are technically ‘in’ the movie!!! squee!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on November 21, 2009, 04:05 PM report to moderator
Wicca_thumb

That is cool.

Posted by Brosia, OoM 2 [WBM] on November 22, 2009, 02:32 AM report to moderator
Postejeunes4_thumb

It most likely is for the 7 Potters, yes.

Posted by Boy With A Lightning Scar on November 22, 2009, 04:45 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

Ooooh cool!! Dragon scene? 7 Potters?

Posted by Beazy :) (Formerly: MidnightSun321 ) {!!ROAR!!} on November 22, 2009, 05:54 AM report to moderator
17879-26957_thumb

If it were me, I’d definetly open my curtains and leave my lights on. One night of inconvenience is worth a thousand nights of knowing “I was there with my lights on in a hp film!” Oh how I wish it were my neighborhood!

Posted by molly43 on November 22, 2009, 11:37 AM report to moderator
Postejeunes4_thumb

It most likely is for the 7 Potters, yes.

Posted by Boy With A Lightning Scar on November 22, 2009, 08:49 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

Of course, his birthdays were never exactly fun -- last year, the Dursleys had given him a coat hanger and a pair of Uncle Vernon's old socks.