Aerial Shots of City of Hunsbury England Filmed for Deathly Hallows

DH Film
November 19, 2009, 07:49 PM

Thanks to TLC reader Emma, we know that the city of Hunsbury, England will feature in overhead shots for the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Emma pointed us to this article which says:

"The Warner Brothers team went up in a helicopter to film aerial footage of the residential area last Thursday.As reported by this newspaper they had posted letters to residents asking them to leave lights on and curtains open why the filming took place.It was on Tuesday night that the production company’s location department revealed what the filming was for. The news has delighted residents and the non-magical muggle folk who are now hoping to catch a glimpse of the Northampton skyline when the film is released.

The Mayor of Northampton, Cllr Michael Hill, who lives in East Hunsbury, received the letter to keep his lights on.He said: “To be honest, I completely forgot! I think it would be nice if Northampton is given credit for taking part, but it will mean very little if we are just part of an anonymous backdrop.“I think a few people will go along and try and see their houses.”

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Avi_thumb

aawesome =)

Posted by DesQueJteVois on November 19, 2009, 08:18 PM report to moderator
Bokorm_-p_thumb

I wonder what it is for then. Ôo :D

Posted by Lisbry on November 19, 2009, 08:21 PM report to moderator
Bokorm_-p_thumb

I wonder what it is for then. Ôo :D

Posted by Lisbry on November 19, 2009, 08:21 PM report to moderator
Bokorm_-p_thumb

I wonder what it is for then. Ôo :D

Posted by Lisbry on November 19, 2009, 08:22 PM report to moderator
Water_lilies_thumb

Man, curtains open and lights on, that is kind of sketchy at night. People can see into your house. I guess it makes a nice effect though. I wonder how many people actually participated and followed the WB’s instructions.

Posted by sgreeter8888 on November 19, 2009, 08:27 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Hmm, interesting :) One more year until DH comes out!

Posted by Christine on November 19, 2009, 09:24 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I wonder at what point in the story they will use this footage for.

Posted by Kirk on November 19, 2009, 10:12 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

DEFINITELY the dragon scene!!!! So exciting!!

Posted by cghambright on November 19, 2009, 11:45 PM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

omg there all most done filmimg its sad = (

Posted by alicia00 on November 20, 2009, 07:20 AM report to moderator
Me_desirable_1_thumb

This is very interesting!! I wonder what it’s for, maybe for the 7 Potters or probably the dragon scene!! I can’t wait for the movies!!!!

Posted by paul_hp_fan [OoM2] *ROAR* on November 20, 2009, 07:38 AM report to moderator
268141_10150258426464313_156794164312_6914503_4625251_n_thumb

Yes, it is either the Seven Potters or the Dragon Scene.

Posted by Hermione_Granger1987 on November 20, 2009, 07:40 AM report to moderator
Kc_lucius1_thumb

i wonder what it is for

Posted by KC Nox on November 20, 2009, 07:47 AM report to moderator
The-moose_thumb

The mayor completely forgot? Good grief, if ever I was asked to do something for a HP movie, I’d be just so excited about it that I would be squeeing the whole time until filming … Anyhows, it’s cool to be getting more filming news about the new movie again :)

Posted by Moose_Starr on November 20, 2009, 09:38 AM report to moderator

They filmed for the Seven Potters scene, I think. The one where they’re flying??

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on November 20, 2009, 11:40 AM report to moderator

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on November 20, 2009, 11:40 AM report to moderator

"You've been wondering whether I put you in the right House," said the hat smartly. "Yes... you were particularly difficult to place. But I stand by what I said before" -- Harry's heart leapt -- "you [i]would[/i] have done well in Slytherin --"[br]Harry's