Doh! Dan Radcliffe Set to Dazzle in "Simpsons" Parody of "Twilight" Series

Radcliffe
November 18, 2009, 11:59 AM

Here is a rather delicious bit news today, as Entertainment Weekly and MTV report that actor Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) will lend his voice for the hit animated series "The Simpson." In what is sure to be a sparkling performance ;) Dan will sport fangs of a sort for a parody episode based on the mega hit Twilight series where he will portray a character named Edmund (yes, really) "a boy vampire whom Lisa falls for. Unfortunately for the Twilight-crossed lovers, Homer and Dracula -- Edmund's dear, old dad -- don't approve of the union, and they endeavor to put a stop to it." This episode will air next fall as part of the Simpson's " "Treehouse of Horror XXI" triptych, the series' yearly Halloween special."

No word if Werewolves or Bella will make an appearance ;0 Thanks so much Radcakes fan!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

Picture_1_thumb

Hhahahahahaha SO EXCITED! Even though I hate the Simpsons….I’m just gonna watch it for Dan <3

Posted by theREALGinnyWeasley on November 18, 2009, 06:25 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-stars_thumb

haha that’s funny! props to dan for supporting twilight ;)

Posted by harrygetsme on November 18, 2009, 06:37 PM report to moderator
Harrypotter5pic2_thumb

Omg this should be funny!!

Posted by kyramp on November 18, 2009, 07:12 PM report to moderator
Dgraymanclockroom37_thumb

Life = complete? YES.

Posted by Rumbleroarϟ{WBM!}ǝıʞɔnp! on November 18, 2009, 07:30 PM report to moderator
Image

AWESOME I’M WATCHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THOUGH I HAVE NEVER WATCHED OR READ TWILIGHT BECAUSE IM A GUY!!!!!! BUT AWESOME!!!!!!! GREAT FOR HIM!!!!! HE IS RICH I BET!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by magicmaniac on November 18, 2009, 07:50 PM report to moderator

I’m looking forward to that episode.

Posted by KiwiBrian on November 18, 2009, 07:55 PM report to moderator
27577_1__thumb

OMG i’ve got to see this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Rowling Stones on November 18, 2009, 09:30 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

that is hilarious i’m definitely gonna watch it.

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on November 18, 2009, 10:11 PM report to moderator
Mugsp_profile_thumb

Sorry about the multiple post, guys. I hate that! Anyway, I’m glad everyone is so happy and excited about this but I’m still disappointed that they leaked it so early. This episode is still year away and we are barely at the beginning of production. I don’t understand why Al had to reveal so much of the plot. It’s going to take away from experiencing the show yourself. They should have just said Dan was going to do a guest voice on The Simpsons in a Twilight parody. Then the reveal would be its own fun thing. The ONLY reason I can see for announcing it now is that New Moon opens this weekend and they wanted to jump on that to bring attention to The Simpsons. This no reason for the extra details. Just give it all away! sigh

Well, I hope you guys still like it in the end.

Posted by eiVega on November 19, 2009, 12:37 AM report to moderator

Glad to see that Dan has acheived his ambition to appear on the series

Posted by jain on November 19, 2009, 04:12 AM report to moderator

This is a Brilliant! move on the part of the producors of The Simpsons..I
think the series interest has wanned a little lately but this will riv it up again.
Can hardly WAIT!! DH and The Simpsons late next year!!!
2010 !!! bring it on!!!!!

Posted by Jeannine on November 19, 2009, 04:23 AM report to moderator
98143829_thumb
1910 Points

Brilliant. Well done Dan!!!

Posted by Jane_Potter on November 19, 2009, 04:25 AM report to moderator
Me_thumb

Talk about bloody brillant!!!!! That will be hilarious! Finally some making fun Twilight! I cant wait! Excellant Danny!!:)

Posted by CaptnCurlz on November 19, 2009, 04:30 AM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

This is going to be so AWESOME!! Dan has great comedic timing and I love the concept. I’m already laughing. It’s too bad we have to wait a year to see it. I can’t wait.

Posted by cghambright on November 19, 2009, 04:36 AM report to moderator
13635_196007790588_520620588_4407705_7739899_n_thumb

Wow! I can’t wait to see this one, even though I am not a Simpson’s fan.

Posted by Rosie016 on November 19, 2009, 04:40 AM report to moderator

Harry took a pinch of Floo powder and walked to the edge of the fire. He took a deep breath, scattered the powder into the flames, and stepped forward; the fire felt like a warm breeze; he opened his mouth and immediately swallowed a lot of hot ash.[br]"D