Doh! Dan Radcliffe Set to Dazzle in "Simpsons" Parody of "Twilight" Series

Radcliffe
November 18, 2009, 11:59 AM

Here is a rather delicious bit news today, as Entertainment Weekly and MTV report that actor Dan Radcliffe (Harry Potter) will lend his voice for the hit animated series "The Simpson." In what is sure to be a sparkling performance ;) Dan will sport fangs of a sort for a parody episode based on the mega hit Twilight series where he will portray a character named Edmund (yes, really) "a boy vampire whom Lisa falls for. Unfortunately for the Twilight-crossed lovers, Homer and Dracula -- Edmund's dear, old dad -- don't approve of the union, and they endeavor to put a stop to it." This episode will air next fall as part of the Simpson's " "Treehouse of Horror XXI" triptych, the series' yearly Halloween special."

No word if Werewolves or Bella will make an appearance ;0 Thanks so much Radcakes fan!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

Cool! :D

Posted by Odd sock on November 18, 2009, 12:11 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

That should be a funny episode! LOL

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on November 18, 2009, 12:28 PM report to moderator

if the vampire film is a ’mega/ hit. what does that make Harry? A blip? I think someone should remind these people just who the senior partner is,the highest grossing franchise or the puny new kid on the block! My moneys on the heayweight seeing off the fey pale pretender.

Posted by jain on November 18, 2009, 12:36 PM report to moderator

Lol. :D

Posted by Mairéad on November 18, 2009, 12:46 PM report to moderator
Darthhallows_thumb

Should be great, the Simpsons are my favorite show.

Posted by StarWarsHippie on November 18, 2009, 12:56 PM report to moderator
Mugsp_profile_thumb

DAMN! I WANTED TO BE THE ONE WHO TIPPED OFF LEAKY! NOT FAIR! I didn’t think they would announce it this early!! We’re still in story-reel phase, pre-animatic screening. So much for being contractually obliged to silence! And it’s not that he “will” lend his voice…he ALREADY has! It’s GREAT! I LOVE the script! oOoo… I feel like I’ve been robbed of a precious treasure I was guarding. I guess if our show runner, Al Jean, wants to spill the beans, it’s okay for him to do it. Oh well, at least I still know how it will play out. When I first searched the news to see if there was anything out there I only found a reference during Chamber of Secrets that Dan really wanted to be on the Simpsons. I’m glad he finally got his wish. As if he didn’t already have everything…haha.

here’s that link:

Anyway, I REALLY hope he comes to the Simpsons premiere next season!! I’m going to go crazy if I can meet him! Yay for Simpsons/Harry Potter parodies! I really like some of the things we have in store for you guys! ;)

Posted by eiVega on November 18, 2009, 01:05 PM report to moderator

@eiVega….so Dan has already done the voice?
will the character resemble him at all???

Posted by Jeannine on November 18, 2009, 01:29 PM report to moderator

@ieVega…..so Dan has already done the voice?
Will the way the charater looks resemble him at all?

Posted by Jeannine on November 18, 2009, 01:30 PM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Sounds like fun will be had by all…

Posted by Won_Two on November 18, 2009, 01:35 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

It is brilliant that they chose him for this role and I eagerly await seeing this episode.

Posted by Kirk on November 18, 2009, 01:46 PM report to moderator
Hp-trio-dhx_thumb

Lol,sounds like it’s gonna be awesome!

Posted by xxIBelieveInNarglesxx on November 18, 2009, 01:47 PM report to moderator
Avi_thumb

LMAO SOOO EXCITED !

Posted by DesQueJteVois on November 18, 2009, 01:56 PM report to moderator
Avi_thumb

LMAO SOOO EXCITED !

Posted by DesQueJteVois on November 18, 2009, 01:56 PM report to moderator
Avi_thumb

LMAO SOOO EXCITED !

Posted by DesQueJteVois on November 18, 2009, 01:56 PM report to moderator

OMG this is so funny! I guess the “Simpsons” don’t like Twilight much! yessssss!!! ;))))))))) can’t wait

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on November 18, 2009, 02:02 PM report to moderator

"Ron," said Hermione in a dignified voice, dipping the point of her quill into her ink pot, "You are the most insensitive wart I have ever had the misfortune to meet."