Half-Blood Prince DVD Released Today in India

HBP Film
November 16, 2009, 06:39 AM

A press release has just been issued noting that the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince DVD is now available in India. The DVD, which is also due out later this week for those in France, Germany and Australia among others (not out until next month for the US/UK), will contain that special preview of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. According to the press release:
"The Home Video launch of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince has been supported by innovative marketing programmes. The Blu-ray & DVD releases were preceded by a pre-release campaign at stores across the country & on popular shopping portals. Customers were given the opportunity to pre-book this coveted title before the November 16th release date. Each customer on pre-booking won exclusive Harry Potter merchandise: the Slughorn cap, Quidditch gym bag, limited edition film cells, liquid gel mouse pads & sketch books!"

"One will see the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince promotional campaign Online - on blogs, virals, forums & quizzes on social networking sites and in exciting online contests. A 4-week out-of-home campaign will also run in over 4200+ out-of-home screens across restaurants, multiplex screens & indoor entertainment outlets. Retail outlets will treat Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince as the event of the year: a customer will be greeted with Harry Potter life-size cut-outs in-store & Harry Potter balloon gateways.The DVD release will also be supported by a week's Radio campaign across 6 cities - Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai & Kolkata."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

They can’t release on the same day because a variety of different home entertainment companies are the distributors of the DVDs. I won’t bore people but if anyone wants to know how it filters down message me and I’ll tell you.

So… technically… we could see this DH preview today?! You know in the press release it says nothing of DH. What if it isn’t on the Indian one? Oh I feel dead nervous now. C’mon India get us that preview.

Also how much effort do the Indian retailers go into a HP release. I haven’t seen such a ho-ha over a DVD release since PS. Also this day 8 years ago PS was released worldwide in theatres!! Ah I remember it well!

Posted by KiwiMcI on November 16, 2009, 01:00 PM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

Thanks Leaker. I read most of those in the script anyway. Can’t believe they cut out “I’m with you” Good God!

Posted by KiwiMcI on November 16, 2009, 01:17 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I am truly envious that people throughout the world are able to enjoy access to the movie in a legal manner prior to many others! Needless to say, it is my true hope that some very generous fans will upload the material contained on these DVDs that so appeals to us in order to placate our fury.

Posted by Kirk on November 16, 2009, 01:25 PM report to moderator
Harryserioustare_thumb

Woo hoo, we get it tomorrow here in the land down under! I wonder why it is so different for everyone else?

Posted by egdillonROAR!!! on November 16, 2009, 03:30 PM report to moderator
Moon3_thumb

They’re lucky…

Posted by Figment on November 16, 2009, 03:40 PM report to moderator

I will upload the second part of the What’s on your mind in couple of minutes for those, who are interested.

Posted by Leaker on November 16, 2009, 04:40 PM report to moderator
Slytherin_thumb

Its not fair, Jo’s a Brit therefore we should have it first, makes sence, the whole things played out in this country

Posted by revolution.needed on November 16, 2009, 04:41 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

Well no matter what I have to get it for christmas so it shortens the wait a bit

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on November 16, 2009, 05:08 PM report to moderator

Maybe; will try it out later, but not today(it’s past midnight here).

Posted by Leaker on November 16, 2009, 05:39 PM report to moderator
Avi_thumb

IS THERE SOMEBODY FORM INDIA WHO CAN POST THE DH FEATURETTE ONLINE??!

Posted by DesQueJteVois on November 16, 2009, 05:49 PM report to moderator
Avi_thumb

IS THERE SOMEBODY FORM INDIA WHO CAN POST THE DH FEATURETTE ONLINE??!

Posted by DesQueJteVois on November 16, 2009, 05:49 PM report to moderator

It’s gonna be released on Wednesday here in Norway, but even though I’m so excited to get it, I don’t understand why they don’t have the same release date all over the world. It doesn’t really make sense.

Posted by Bella Longbottom on November 16, 2009, 05:56 PM report to moderator

Posted by Bella Longbottom on November 16, 2009, 05:58 PM report to moderator

I am from Australia and it was released at my local store yesterday Two days before release date here in Oz. The DH footage is a BD Live feature that wont be available till around the 8th of Dec (from the top of my head). So we have to wait to see the footage of the next film

Posted by nikachus01 on November 16, 2009, 06:38 PM report to moderator
98143829_thumb
1910 Points

Some things make you wonder how lucky some people are!!!

Posted by Jane_Potter on November 16, 2009, 10:50 PM report to moderator

"Dobby heard Professor McGonagall and Professor Moody in the staffroom, talking about the next task... Dobby cannot let Harry Potter lose his Wheezy!"