Reps for Dan Radcliffe Deny Latest Tabloid Rumor

Radcliffe
November 13, 2009, 01:39 PM

Reps for actor Dan Radcliffe have strongly denied allegations made in a UK tabloid involving an illegal substance. Reuters reports that the latest rumors surfaced in UK tabloid the Daily Mirror, claiming the Harry Potter actor smoked cannabis at a party. Reps for Dan are quoted as saying "We categorically deny the allegations regarding Daniel Radcliffe published in today's Daily Mirror," his spokeswoman said in a statement on Friday. "Daniel does smoke the occasional roll-up cigarette, but he was not doing anything more than this. We are considering our position and will be taking all necessary action in relation to such allegations."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

Hydrangeas_thumb

i hope its not true

Posted by alicia00 on November 14, 2009, 05:33 PM report to moderator
Flying-ford-anglia-resized-128_thumb

To those saying everyone’s done it – statistically in the UK 38.8% of adults have used an illicit drug of some kind at least once, with cannabis being the most popular. So it’s not everyone, or even most people, it’s a little over a third.

As someone else said the issue with cannabis isn’t it’s dangers – although it isn’t harmless drink and tobacco can be worse – but the fact that it’s illegal. I don’t think it should be illegal but while it is it’s stupid and irresponsible, and the sale of it goes towards funding other illegal things. Having said that I don’t think there’s any real evidence that Dan was smoking it. He could have simply been drunk in that picture, not high. And the thing in his hand could well have been a roll up, he’s been reported to be a smoker before.

Posted by Immortal Phoenix on November 14, 2009, 07:07 PM report to moderator

Daily Mail is a tabloid as bad as The Sun. It scrapes stories off the gutter and also makes things up. What makes the Mail worse is that it pretends to be a respectable ‘news’ paper (is a horribly bigoted one too, enough to make your blood boil). This story gives me that impression, for similar reasons to Danilo above.

Or the person at the party could have made it up.

What diappoints me is not the act (if true) itself, because I am not really against it, but more the fact that some t*****, presumably friend of a friend, saw fit to rat on Dan, or else make up a story about him.

If true then it’s Dan’s business but it does disappoint me a bit that he was naive enough to trust strangers at a party. Hopefully he’ll be more wary in future.

Posted by anne1 on November 14, 2009, 08:50 PM report to moderator

sorry I mentioned the Mail because that’s where I read the story. Will rephrase. The Mirror is a tabloid JUST like the Sun.

Posted by anne1 on November 14, 2009, 08:53 PM report to moderator

Posted by anne1 on November 14, 2009, 08:55 PM report to moderator

I hope it’s not true

Posted by ApplesArthur on November 14, 2009, 10:25 PM report to moderator
Natalieportman14_thumb

Seriously? Like, really? Wow.

Posted by Tassana Burrfoot on November 14, 2009, 11:17 PM report to moderator
1_thumb

I hate rumours. Last time they said Emma’s dead, now this? They’ve gone way too far really!! I mean, there’s really cigarette that looks loke the one that Dan’s holding in his hand. (I don’t smoke, but I saw an actor holding something like that in a drama show) Even if he smoks, who cares? Lots of people out there smokes. Just becuz he’s Daniel Radcliffe, then smoking becomes a sin? Besides, the “The Daily Mirror” is real crap. I wouldn’t even bother reading it. Honestly, since when does it write something real? Nasty tabloids…..

Posted by as_camouflage on November 15, 2009, 12:21 AM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

this seriously made me have a giggle fit XD

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on November 15, 2009, 12:34 AM report to moderator
Iconator_7a1a755f97b01ab21a2d5f3eab1cdd40_thumb

this is just another example of how the media makes a big deal out of everything celebraties do. they make such a big deal out of it when literally MILLIONS of people are doing the same thing. it only matters now because it’s someone famous. it’s horrible.

Posted by doxycide [WBM]{Totally Awesome!!} on November 15, 2009, 02:18 AM report to moderator

I hate how people think Dan’s perfect. He can do what he wants with his own life. Although, I rather hope this is not true.

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on November 15, 2009, 03:48 AM report to moderator

I can’t say i’m suprised something like this has happened. in fact the suprise is it hasn’t happened before now. The rags in the uk have probably being trawling the gutters for years trying to find something on the Potter kids.Do i believe Dan is guilty, don’t know. don’t read the mirror. they ar a self rightous newspaper who lecture people on their morals while losing theirs while trying to find a scoop. Not caring whos lives they ruin. I hope Dan hasn’t been stupid, he’s not perfect and that might be what he’s guilty of. But some times we over look the morals of the judas’s who sell their pictures and the papers that buy them and the people that buy them.i f as someone has said on this site they won’t watch HP again, this has ruined it for them. Why! Why do in cases such as this do we forget the fantastic generous supportive person Dan seems to be? Is that how we judge people, on one act of stupidity. I’m sure there are many on this site enjoying Dan’s fall from grace, well, Dan has my continued support. I like the man he appears to be.

Posted by jain on November 15, 2009, 04:27 AM report to moderator
Toby_metal_thumb

Fall from grace???? you people live in a bubble, Dan is fine and normal, you are scared and swayed by lies and fear. I suggest you join dan and lighten up with a nice smoke.

Posted by splinch on November 15, 2009, 05:24 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

I just hope it’s false and he sues them for damages!

Posted by Beazy :) (Formerly: MidnightSun321 ) {!!ROAR!!} on November 15, 2009, 05:51 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

I hope it’s not true… but then again everyone does stuff which people tell them not to do. As long as he is still down-to-earth and gives money to charity and stuff then I think that we can ignore the rumours. Remember, they are tabloids! And its the Mirror! Come on people! The tabloids often make stuff up! I just hope it’s false and he sues them for damages!

Posted by Beazy :) (Formerly: MidnightSun321 ) {!!ROAR!!} on November 15, 2009, 06:04 AM report to moderator

"There's still the fact that Dumbledore trusts Snape, and I know Dumbledore trusts where a lot of other people wouldn't, but I just can't see him letting Snape teach at Hogwarts if he'd ever worked for Voldemort."