Reps for Dan Radcliffe Deny Latest Tabloid Rumor

Radcliffe
November 13, 2009, 01:39 PM

Reps for actor Dan Radcliffe have strongly denied allegations made in a UK tabloid involving an illegal substance. Reuters reports that the latest rumors surfaced in UK tabloid the Daily Mirror, claiming the Harry Potter actor smoked cannabis at a party. Reps for Dan are quoted as saying "We categorically deny the allegations regarding Daniel Radcliffe published in today's Daily Mirror," his spokeswoman said in a statement on Friday. "Daniel does smoke the occasional roll-up cigarette, but he was not doing anything more than this. We are considering our position and will be taking all necessary action in relation to such allegations."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

Thio_palha_o_msn_thumb

While I believe Dan is perfectly free to smoke whatever he wants, the issue here is the substance being illegal. I don’t know how it works in UK, but around here this kind of substance is used to finance guns to criminals. The classic chain of ilegality that only gets worse when you trace it.

That being said, it really isn’t a big deal. I would be dissapointed if this turns out to be true, of course; but I have some friends who have done the same thing and I didn’t stop seeing them for that.

Dan is still cool. If that was some regular legal cigarette, that’s fine. If that was something illegal, he should pay the price as anyone who breaks the law would. That’s it.

And of course, we can’t forget that tabloids are bound to exagerate things a bit. After so many years getting very little to gossip about the trio, this should be like early Christmas to this kind of low Journalism.

Posted by Thio on November 14, 2009, 10:24 AM report to moderator
Trio_poster_thumb

@Calum Wilson WBM!!!!!! (wandmastercalum) I know what photoshop is, and what can reporters do with it, but isn’t it stupid that after those pictures in media’s, Dan’s excuse is : “I didn’t know what was I smoking!” I mean, I know it can be false rumores,and Dan is my favourite actor too, but maybe it really is true…

Posted by Petra on November 14, 2009, 10:43 AM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

Dan’s rep acknowledges that he smokes roll-ups. With all we know about the dangers of smoking, I’m really sorry to hear that. I couldn’t care less if what he smokes is legal or not. The thought of putting something into one’s mouth, SETTING FIRE TO IT, and breathing in the toxins makes me want to puke. It defies all logic to me. I lost two very close family members to cigarettes – one of them recently from lung cancer. The other died after having lived with emphysema and an oxygen tank beside her for years. Smoking is such a horrible choice to make.

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on November 14, 2009, 11:28 AM report to moderator

I hate how people think Dan’s perfect. He can do what he wants with his own life. Although, I rather hope this is not true.

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on November 14, 2009, 11:45 AM report to moderator
Ron_thumb

I heard that Dan smokes cigarettes literally all the time. Whenever I see paparazzi pictures of him he’s smoking. Bleh.

Posted by dee on November 14, 2009, 12:03 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

thats just stupid!!!! i vknow loads of actors andstuff do drugs a lot but dan? really? hes a good (hate to say it) kid!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on November 14, 2009, 12:12 PM report to moderator
Toby_metal_thumb

yes he probably does smoke pot, along with almost every one of your favorite musicians and actors, I’m sorry to shatter your pretty princess world but it is just as common as drinking, especially in the entertainment industry.

unlike alcohol it has no lethal dose, does not cause violent behavior and is generally a good time. no person has ever died as a direct result of smoking marijuana, only from being stupid.

so go ahead Dan, have a good time, I would worry more about you as a young guy if you did’nt.

Posted by splinch on November 14, 2009, 01:18 PM report to moderator
1980 Points

he smokes!!! terrible terrible terrible… i hope its not true.

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on November 14, 2009, 02:15 PM report to moderator
1980 Points

he smokes!!! terrible terrible terrible… i hope its not true.

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on November 14, 2009, 02:15 PM report to moderator
Moon3_thumb

Tabloids need to give this crap up…

Posted by Figment on November 14, 2009, 03:25 PM report to moderator

Dan can always save his reputation if he wanted to, by getting a test done showing no foul marijauana. make result public, Then he can sue the tabloids for defamation of character, and trying to destroy his fan base, loss of earnings etc.

Posted by DobbyWinkyKreacher on November 14, 2009, 04:13 PM report to moderator

Reading that story was a gut wrenching disappointment.
I hope, so hope, it is not true. with today’s technology…cameras can lie.
Daniel surely would not be such a prize prawn as to do drugs, or smoke foul cigarettes.
It spoils everything :-(
it also sends the most stupid of messsages to kids everywhere.
if it turns out to be true…I won’t bother with HP. This has just ruined it.

Posted by DobbyWinkyKreacher on November 14, 2009, 04:21 PM report to moderator
Lexi_dumbledore_harry_wands_thumb

Why do tabloids always post negative rumors? Why not post positive ones, like Simon Cowell empties half his bank account and gives it to 50 different charities. I mean, if they don’t care to find out if somethings true or not, why not say positive things?

Posted by Lexi*the*Auror on November 14, 2009, 04:23 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-stars_thumb

whatever the actual situation, everybody’s human and makes mistakes. whatever dan does is his business, and he’s only accountable to himself and his family for his actions.

Posted by harrygetsme on November 14, 2009, 04:53 PM report to moderator
Flying-ford-anglia-resized-128_thumb

I’ve seen the picture and you can’t see what he’s holding. It could well be a roll-up. The only evidence that it’s not is the claims of this other guest at the party, who could just be trying to get his name in the paper. He’s obviously not a friend if he’s spreading this around, true or not. Although I am slightly disappointed at his smoking even cigerettes I can’t imagine him doing something illegal. He has always acted like a well-adjusted person who has his head on straight and it seems out of character for him to do something illegal, whatever you think about cannabis’s dangers, and risk harming his reputation and career. And I’m sure he takes the responsibility of being a roll model to millions of kids seriously. The papparazzi has been waiting for any opportunity to say something negative about him or get a picture of him falling out of a club, doing drugs or some other wild thing. The only scandalous story they’ve been able to print so far was his getting his kit off in Equus. They must find him very boring.

Posted by Immortal Phoenix on November 14, 2009, 05:19 PM report to moderator

"...it would be quite nice if you stopped jumping down Ron's and my throats, Harry, because if you haven't noticed, we're on your side."