Reps for Dan Radcliffe Deny Latest Tabloid Rumor

Radcliffe
November 13, 2009, 01:39 PM

Reps for actor Dan Radcliffe have strongly denied allegations made in a UK tabloid involving an illegal substance. Reuters reports that the latest rumors surfaced in UK tabloid the Daily Mirror, claiming the Harry Potter actor smoked cannabis at a party. Reps for Dan are quoted as saying "We categorically deny the allegations regarding Daniel Radcliffe published in today's Daily Mirror," his spokeswoman said in a statement on Friday. "Daniel does smoke the occasional roll-up cigarette, but he was not doing anything more than this. We are considering our position and will be taking all necessary action in relation to such allegations."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

D474f2f9722352f367d45028747f7d7d_1562290_thumb

oops, i hope it’s not true, we have gotten along thru the whole series without any drama…

Posted by levi-OH-sa, not levio-SA [neville♥myhero] on November 14, 2009, 07:13 AM report to moderator
Dscn0187_thumb

so what? there’s a lot worse things he could have been accused of doing. tho I personally think smoking cigarettes is gross…it greatly lowers your hott factor, Dan! Eww. My advice: don’t do either.

Posted by Laura Keaton [WBM!] on November 14, 2009, 07:22 AM report to moderator
Araneus_diadematus_thumb

I’m putting my vote in the “so what” camp, even if it was true. Smoking a joint at a party is socially acceptable behaviour in my opinion: sitting around in your underwear having not bathed for 2 weeks in an apartment infested with insects and other vermin and smoking a joint is very very bad… and those that tell you one leads to the other are lying to you. You have to be a pathetic loser to do the later, and Dan isn’t.

Posted by Caracticus on November 14, 2009, 07:58 AM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

This is kind of disappointing. I know it’s Dan’s choice whether he smokes or not but I just think it’s disgusting. I hope this isn’t true. : (

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on November 14, 2009, 08:00 AM report to moderator

Posted by madman1277 on November 14, 2009, 08:09 AM report to moderator

do any of you people saying “oh i hope he didnt” actually know anything about marijuana?

did you know it could prevent the lethal symptoms of swine flu? dont believe me? look it up

and honestly who cares if he smokes a joint every now and then
i do it relaxes me AND prevents me from having seizures
wouldnt you want to relax for a little bit if you had cameras in your face all day?

Posted by sistermol on November 14, 2009, 08:09 AM report to moderator

Just a rumor, and anyways it isnt even that bad for you… also to Won_Two… great pic LOVE NCIS, almost as much as harry potter… almost

Posted by madman1277 on November 14, 2009, 08:10 AM report to moderator
Image_thumb

It is none of our business if Dan Radcliffe has smoked a bit of grass or not.

Posted by Smitch on November 14, 2009, 08:22 AM report to moderator
Hogwarts03_thumb

Give the kid a break if he likes to smoke the occasional joint I don’t think he should be condemned for it! He could be doing much much much worse.

Posted by IwishIwas@Hogwarts on November 14, 2009, 08:29 AM report to moderator
Msn-stella_thumb

sigh I’m really torn about this. On one hand, what people do in their “off time” is really nobody’s business, but then again, when you’re a public figure there will inevitably be people out there who take you as an example…

But I have to find it kind of amusing that this morning I commented on a friend’s facebook link (about the felix felicis scene from HBP) saying, “I heard that Dan-on-drugs is disturbingly close to Dan-in-real-life”. Perhaps I should be careful what I write?

Posted by stella8h8chang on November 14, 2009, 09:05 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

It is unfortunate that these tabloids have to propagate such rumors, but it is even more tragic that his agents feel it necessary to acknowledge this and only accomplish nothing more than the feeding of these trolls and the perpetuation of their antics.

Posted by Kirk on November 14, 2009, 09:32 AM report to moderator
I-quote_ravenclaw0183_thumb

I don’t really belive that.

Posted by LulubelleI {WBM} on November 14, 2009, 09:43 AM report to moderator

Well, even if he did, big deal. While I don’t use the stuff I think far too much fuss is made of it. This could very possibly be a story to take Dan down. The mere mention of his name in such a story will sell a paper or two.

Posted by on November 14, 2009, 10:08 AM report to moderator
Prophecy_thumb

DobbyWinkyKreacher, I really think you need to stop being such a judgmental, self-righteous twit. How about we put cameras on you 25/7 and see what sorts of things you do when you think you’re just enjoying the company of your friends. Do you pick your nose? Have you ever coughed without covering your mouth? Do you not always wash up after you use the toilet? Because if any of these are so, you’re just disgusting and no one wants to know you anymore. Dan doesn’t answer to any of us. I don’t smoke either substance (anymore) but who cares if he does? Who is anyone here to pass judgement? You would stop watching HP movies because Dan smokes (anything)? Why? What are you trying to prove? If you don’t like smoke then don’t smoke and don’t kiss someone who smokes (and I’m sure it’ll break Dan’s heart if you don’t kiss him). Don’t boycott the man’s work. That just proves that you’re an idiot.

Posted by DeliaDee on November 14, 2009, 10:13 AM report to moderator
Diggory-2_thumb

I laughed at the title of their article: Harry Pothead. The only thing I like about crappy tabloids is their floral use of words in titles!

Posted by lozzaa on November 14, 2009, 10:21 AM report to moderator

...the skrewts, it transpired, did [i]not[/i] hibernate, and did not appreciate being forced into pillow-lined boxes and nailed in. Hagrid was soon yelling, "Don' panic, now, don' panic!" while the skrewts rampaged around the pumpkin patch, now strewn wit