Reps for Dan Radcliffe Deny Latest Tabloid Rumor

Radcliffe
November 13, 2009, 01:39 PM

Reps for actor Dan Radcliffe have strongly denied allegations made in a UK tabloid involving an illegal substance. Reuters reports that the latest rumors surfaced in UK tabloid the Daily Mirror, claiming the Harry Potter actor smoked cannabis at a party. Reps for Dan are quoted as saying "We categorically deny the allegations regarding Daniel Radcliffe published in today's Daily Mirror," his spokeswoman said in a statement on Friday. "Daniel does smoke the occasional roll-up cigarette, but he was not doing anything more than this. We are considering our position and will be taking all necessary action in relation to such allegations."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Radcliffe News

It’s the DAILY MIRROR!

I live all the way over in Australia and even I know that tabloid is about as reliable as Rita Skeeter! Shame on you Leaky.

On the issue of drugs, its none of our business. Dan’s old enough and ugly enough to make his own decisions based on his own morals. Personally, I have nothing against it after trying it legally in Amsterdam, however my brother has severe reactions to it that makes him paranoid and uncontrollable.

Each to their own.

Posted by WickedLoz on November 14, 2009, 02:45 AM report to moderator
394omggggg--chibi_rei_thumb

How common or rare is it in the UK for people to roll up their ordinary cigarettes? I mean, instead of buying the regular ones?

Over here the roll-up tobacco is cheaper than regular cigarettes, so many people buy packs of roll-up tobacco and cigarette paper and filters and make their own cigarettes. Certainly, Dan doesn’t need to do that because of money, but maybe he just likes it, you know?

Then again, even if he was smoking something else than ordinary tobacco, it’s his own business, not ours. He’s old enough to make up his mind about these issues.

Posted by MischiefManaged on November 14, 2009, 04:28 AM report to moderator

Here was my good morning laugh : “Daniel Radcliff changes wand against joint…Drug Scandal”, all that stuff.
Hey DAN, just quote Bill Clinton!Say “I did not inhale” and you still can become Prime Minister!
Grandmother as I am, I always thought those young actors to be “antiseptic”.
And if, as these papers say, he was filmed with a mobile cam, and if he sees how whambam he looks under marihuana, maybe that s the best thing to find out what it s like to loose control, and that on a party you don t have 50 friends around you

Posted by Giant Fairy on November 14, 2009, 04:39 AM report to moderator
14673946254ab455537f074_thumb

…..Im disappointed. What if all those kids of eight and nine see this? Do they just think its all right to just go out and get OD?
By the way, what is Cannabis?

Posted by SectumSempra45 on November 14, 2009, 05:02 AM report to moderator

Reading the tabloid story, there was a party in Camden where Dan starts smoking a joint. There is no report that it’s offered to anyone else, and no one else at this party asked for it to be passed around. You’d think someone would want to be able to say, ‘I smoked a joint with Harry Potter!’, but no – apparently no one else at this party does dope.

Sorry, but if someone is smoking dope at a party, it’s invariably shared – that’s just dope etiquette.

That person who sold the story to the tabloid filled it with details, but either he somehow missed noticing anyone else smoking, or apparently there can be such a thing as a party where smoking dope is a non-social activity… in Camden, where you can’t walk without being offered skunk a minimum three times per block, day or night.

If you’re going to make a story, you’ve got to get the details right, or it’s not plausible.

Posted by danilo on November 14, 2009, 05:15 AM report to moderator
Cool_michael_thumb

Another example of people with too much time on thier hands trying to find anything bad about anyone good. Maybe just for one day the tabloids should find something good to write. Just one copy a year .. bet it would sell just as well as the crap now!!

Posted by protoj76 on November 14, 2009, 05:54 AM report to moderator
Littleburrow_thumb

I agree that this isn’t that big of a deal and entirely uninteresting whether it is true or not.

Posted by decarus on November 14, 2009, 05:56 AM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

Given how incredibly energetic and enthusiastic Daniel always is, I’d say he doesn’t give the impression of being someone who uses cannabis, any of the people I’ve ever known who smoked cannabis were always very laid back and relaxed (I was at art college, there were several people…) and actually those who used it regularly often had a tendency to be unconcerned about getting their work done on time!

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on November 14, 2009, 06:14 AM report to moderator
006_thumb

He’s very health conscious so I’m inclined to think this is not true. When he was here performing in Equus his food had to be specially ordered, organic, and he picked over it. On the other hand he is a smoker so that just kind of contradicts what I just said. In any case, I see no big deal in smoking a joint and hope it’s soon legalized. Merlin’s beard, he’s a normal twenty year old young man not a deity. Typical tabloid rubbish!

Posted by Alysaw on November 14, 2009, 06:20 AM report to moderator

I hope it’s not true

Posted by ApplesArthur on November 14, 2009, 06:21 AM report to moderator
Cool_michael_thumb

Posted by protoj76 on November 14, 2009, 06:27 AM report to moderator
Marguerite_thumb

I know it’s what most young people do, but I honestly believed him different from MOST young people. I know it’s HIS life, but I found that picture in the Mirror quite disturbing. I feel sorry for him, having to be always on his guard (constant vigilance…), plus his “friend” behaved shamefully, selling his story to tabloids.
I DON’T “hate” him, now, as someone wrote, and we don’t even know what really happened, only I think I’ll be more cautious in the future when forming an enthusiasitc opinion on someone.

Posted by Despina on November 14, 2009, 06:30 AM report to moderator
Cetus_thumb

Iceholic, you have a point. I think him smoking is bad enough without cannabis.

Posted by Cetus Williams on November 14, 2009, 06:46 AM report to moderator
Gryffindorcrest_thumb

Whats wrong with it??….DAN still ROCKS!! \m/

Posted by mk20 on November 14, 2009, 06:54 AM report to moderator
Leakypic_thumb

No one is perfect

Posted by DylanAqua on November 14, 2009, 07:02 AM report to moderator

"Why do I have to study Occlu -- thing?" [Harry] blurted out.[br]"Because the headmaster thinks it is a good idea," said Snape smoothly...[br]"Who's going to be teaching me?"[br]Snape raised an eyebrow.[br]"I am," he said.