Deathly Hallows Cast and Crew Mark Remembrance Day While Filming Battle of Hogwarts

DH Film
November 13, 2009, 09:20 AM

A very poignant moment took place this week during filming of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and the epic battle of Hogwarts. Just as we mark Veterans day here in the US, the UK held a two minute moment of silence on Tuesday on Remembrance Day to honor those who had fallen during World War I.  A Deathly Hallows crew member issued a text to BBC Radio 5 to say:

"We're currently filming the final battle sequence of the last Harry Potter film, and we stopped for two minutes this morning. It was very eerie, it was thought-provoking, in the mists, along the ruins of Hogwarts."

You can hear the radio mention of this at this link ( around the 1:51 hour mark).

Thanks much to Snitchseeker for emailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Eccleston_396x222_thumb

It’s lovely that they did that. It annoys me to no end, whenever I hear people chatting during the 2 minutes of silence (as it is here in Alberta). And the fact that it was during this scene makes it ever more poignant. I salute them.

Posted by Owlpost Hedwig on November 15, 2009, 03:54 PM report to moderator
Hp_wallpaper_10_1024x819_sm_thumb

The ruins of Hogwarts…. What is yet to come… I am so looking forwards to these next 2 films, yet the deaths in them at the end, Fred, Lupin, Tonks, etc. cause me to sadden..

Posted by jlinhard03 on November 15, 2009, 05:14 PM report to moderator
Piercing2_thumb

That’s beautiful….. Almost could be in Harry Potter….
Lovey lovey.

Posted by harrypottergirlll on November 15, 2009, 06:41 PM report to moderator
Avatars_movies_ootp_002_thumb

What a touching moment in the filming to honor veterans for Remembrance Day!

Posted by Agrippa1 on November 16, 2009, 01:41 AM report to moderator
018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

“The ruins of Hogwarts” Wow, I hope the poignancy of Remembrance Day bled into what was being filmed that day

Posted by KiwiMcI on November 16, 2009, 02:11 AM report to moderator
Wicca_thumb

This better be epic, the amount of time it is taking.

Posted by Brosia, OoM 2 [WBM] on November 16, 2009, 06:52 PM report to moderator
Burtondeppavvie_thumb

Never even occurred to me that Hogwarts might be ruined, but I hope they don’t just completely demolish it.

I normally would observe the two minutes silence, but I was at work and didn’t stay still long enough to know when it was the right time!

Posted by Linnyish on November 17, 2009, 04:56 AM report to moderator

Just a small point, while November 11 was chosen because it marked the end of World War I, Remembrance Day doesn’t only commemorate soldiers who died during that war. Remembrance Day commemorates the sacrifices made by all members of the armed forces AND civilians in times of war (including WWII, Falklands, Afghanistan, etc).

Posted by German Adam on November 17, 2009, 03:42 PM report to moderator

"[Lockhart] didn't even [i]look[/i] at the book we wanted."[br]"That's because he's a brainless [i]git,[/i]" said Ron. "But who cares, we've got what we needed --"[br]"He is [i]not[/i] a brainless git," said Hermione shrilly as they half ran toward the li