First Deleted Scene from HBP DVD Online

HBP Film
Posted by: Edward
November 10, 2009, 09:44 AM

A treat has arrived this morning: the first deleted scene from the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince film as made its way online and can be watched right here, as well as in our Video Galleries here.  The simply chilling sequence, released by WB Italy, features a breathtaking performance by actor Alan Rickman (Severus Snape) as darkness descends upon the castle.  This deleted scene is slated to be among many special extras found on the upcoming Half-Blood Prince DVD, set to be released stateside on December 8.

Update:  Additionally, WBItaly released two other short clips from a number of the extras on the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince DVD, including actress Emma Watson receiving a Dark Mark (Gallery video here) and one of actor Rupert Grint discussing the development of his character, Ron Weasley (Gallery video here).

Thanks to Okrim from Portkey.it.

Leaky's Harry Potter Twitter list is the most exhaustive collection of news and official Harry Potter information in the world. Be sure to follow it today!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

108_thumb

It was a great scene but I don’t see where they showed more of Snape, I can’t wait for the DVD because I am already forgetting the movie!

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on November 10, 2009, 05:19 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I cannot believe that they omitted this footage, as it definitely adds rich texture and forboding to the film.

Posted by Kirk on November 10, 2009, 05:21 PM report to moderator

I love it! Chilling. Soooo glad that Snape gets a deleted scene.

Posted by badger666 on November 10, 2009, 05:31 PM report to moderator
Desk05xv0_b_thumb

That was a very atmospheric clip, I wish they had of left it in, infact I am getting fed-up with WB assuming no one can sit through longer films!

Posted by AmberDragon on November 10, 2009, 06:11 PM report to moderator
Mac3_thumb
1925 Points

sweet! wish the snape scene was in the movie the youtube link wouldn’t work for me

Posted by Parkinsonpansy on November 10, 2009, 06:29 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

they should have kept that in! ohmygoodness! sla;kdjfa;sd

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on November 10, 2009, 06:49 PM report to moderator
User170224_pic7538_1238947280_thumb

p.s it makes me wan tot start crying…again! ugh! but its jsut so powerful!

Posted by Peace.Love.Potter ♥ on November 10, 2009, 06:53 PM report to moderator
149638_103433969730594_2631787_n_thumb

Who’s getting out of the bed?

Posted by sessionka oom4 CW on November 10, 2009, 07:05 PM report to moderator
Prophecy_thumb

Stuff like that was exactly what the movie needed. Much as I adore Alan Rickman, I’m still upset about Snape’s uncaring attitude at the end when he is leaving Hogwarts. No mad fury. No “DON’T CALL ME COWARD!!!” Just typical stoic Snape. This scene had real feeling. You knew there was something going on but you didn’t know what. And that was exactly what created such controversy regarding Sev’s true loyalty. There was so much evidence in either direction.

Posted by DeliaDee on November 10, 2009, 07:08 PM report to moderator
Normal_hp_actors_thumb

Wish they would have kept it, nevertheless I loved the movie.

Posted by CandyCane2304 on November 10, 2009, 07:08 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

The link does not seem to work. Therefore, you will need to search for the deleted scene and you can find it.

The scene is awesome and I wish they would have kept it in!

Posted by Swizzle on November 10, 2009, 07:47 PM report to moderator
Hermione_stills84a_thumb

That was absolutely amazing! I wish WB had kept that in, that scene was positively beautiful! I wonder if they’ll ever release “Extended Editions” of the movies, like what Lord of the Rings did, so that these deleted scenes that should have been in the movie, finally make their way in! That would be wonderful! Plus, WB would get more money, since that is all WB seems to care about…

Posted by PineappleCrush on November 10, 2009, 07:50 PM report to moderator

I wish they did not cut it. It was creepy. Very good!

Posted by Lily_Severus on November 10, 2009, 08:17 PM report to moderator
Image

CCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by magicmaniac on November 10, 2009, 08:25 PM report to moderator
3842_ron-hermione_thumb

oh!
i watched
all 3
love it all!
Rupert! Snape! oh God
I love hogwarts, It’s so cool, the castle and everything
I miss harry potter movies, the magic!
crying here….

Posted by Campagnaro on November 10, 2009, 08:41 PM report to moderator

"Wangoballwime?"[br]"Sorry?" said Cho.[br]"D'you -- d'you want to go to the ball with me?" said Harry. Why did he have to go red now? [i]Why?[/i]