First Deleted Scene from HBP DVD Online

HBP Film
Posted by: Edward
November 10, 2009, 09:44 AM

A treat has arrived this morning: the first deleted scene from the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince film as made its way online and can be watched right here, as well as in our Video Galleries here.  The simply chilling sequence, released by WB Italy, features a breathtaking performance by actor Alan Rickman (Severus Snape) as darkness descends upon the castle.  This deleted scene is slated to be among many special extras found on the upcoming Half-Blood Prince DVD, set to be released stateside on December 8.

Update:  Additionally, WBItaly released two other short clips from a number of the extras on the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince DVD, including actress Emma Watson receiving a Dark Mark (Gallery video here) and one of actor Rupert Grint discussing the development of his character, Ron Weasley (Gallery video here).

Thanks to Okrim from Portkey.it.

Leaky's Harry Potter Twitter list is the most exhaustive collection of news and official Harry Potter information in the world. Be sure to follow it today!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

018734281a3970190750b972929570l_normal_thumb

Oh I loved that scene, and that song is my favourite from the soundtrack. But I can see why it was cut, like SnapeSister said, that was a wonderful performance from Alan Rickman but it does give his allegiance away in my eyes. It’ll be brilliant on the ultimate edition to look back on once the series is over. And I always loved that shot in the movie where Snape is framed in the archway and the animals quieting down. It worked better to leave it like that to paint Snape black. But that was an amazing addition seeing his foreboding face and the horrible act he had to carry out. Brilliant scene!

Posted by KiwiMcI on November 10, 2009, 11:57 AM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

I agree with you SnapeSister. Actually if they had put that scene in with Snape, it is pretty obvious that he knows what’s coming and that he is sadden or dreaded by it. It’s a marvelous scene none-the-less! I’m excited to see other deleted scenes. :)

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on November 10, 2009, 12:02 PM report to moderator

I have to watch this !!

Posted by Smonocco on November 10, 2009, 12:17 PM report to moderator
Photo_540_thumb

Alan Rickmans scene was breathtaking… But i can see how that can give away a bit too much information in the film. Still, it an amazing scene….Loved the camera movements

Posted by FijiSunrise. on November 10, 2009, 12:21 PM report to moderator
Thistletopiary_thumb

Oh, this scene would really have helped to set the right atmosphere of foreboding at the school, before Harry & Dumbledore come back to set the tragedy in motion. Fantastic job by Rickman. I sincerely hope that the DVD of the film will eventually have this scene, in sequence. My favorite music of the score, as well.

Posted by bettb [ITC!] on November 10, 2009, 12:30 PM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

What an amazing scene!!! The background music is beautiful and really haunting. Very disappointed it was not in the final cut. But hey, after six HP films, I’m not surprised anymore.

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on November 10, 2009, 12:45 PM report to moderator
Thumb_dh_unofficialstills_harry_ron_hermione_012_thumb

I tried to watch this, but of course, problems getting hooked up with You Tube.

Posted by dreampotter [ROAR!] on November 10, 2009, 12:49 PM report to moderator
Is22581022_thumb

The youtube videos are private.

Posted by YodatheHobbit on November 10, 2009, 12:54 PM report to moderator
Slytherin_girl_thumb

The castle scene was incredible!

Watching the extras now.

Posted by LadySidi on November 10, 2009, 01:09 PM report to moderator
Img_2315_face0_thumb

Damn that is brilliant!! And the music…. wonderful!

Posted by Nicci Weasley on November 10, 2009, 01:18 PM report to moderator
L_32b0eddba4eb43718eb38ffa016162b2_thumb

That was amazing! I loved the piece of music there and Alan Rickmans face says sooo much. Dec. 8th cant get here soon enough for me!!!!

Posted by phantomdave79 on November 10, 2009, 01:20 PM report to moderator
Ootp_tumblr_thumb

that was great! i wish it was in the movie, though. i was wondering where that “in noctem” song fit into HBP. i got the soundtrack on my ipod, and you hear part of it in the beginning of HBP. this was pretty sweet though. you got a chance to see what some of the main characters were doing before the dark mark came up.

Posted by hermy007 on November 10, 2009, 01:25 PM report to moderator
Harryhedwig_thumb

This scene is simply beautiful. I cannot imagine why they would take this out and leave in something like Ginny tying Harry’s shoe.

Posted by LunaSpecs on November 10, 2009, 01:26 PM report to moderator
S5001102_thumb

I always look foeward to the deleted scenes on dvds. I for some reason thing they will fill in all the gaps and have lots of Snape in as the films certainly dont!!
Rupert Grint is so sweet and my 4 yr old is the splitting image of him.

Posted by finley on November 10, 2009, 02:13 PM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

Im not gonna watch yet… wait a sec!

Posted by Beazy :) (Formerly: MidnightSun321 ) {!!ROAR!!} on November 10, 2009, 02:13 PM report to moderator

Exactly why Dudley wanted a racing bike was a mystery to Harry, as Dudley was very fat and hated exercise -- unless of course it involved punching somebody.