UK Sky Viewers to Have Chance for Half-Blood Prince Viewing Party in December

HBP Film
November 01, 2009, 12:15 PM

Thanks to David and SKY for letting us about an opportunity for UK Harry Potter fans to take part in a Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince viewing party on Sky Box Office High Definition the same week the DVD is released next month. To participate, high definition customers in the UK can go to this link and use their Sky & HD account number to sign up. Sky subscribers must set up this viewing party and get 3 or more friends to accept their invitation before 5pm on November 17th. As noted before, the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince DVD will be released in the UK on December 7th, one day before here in the US on December 8th.

Leaky's Harry Potter Twitter list is the most exhaustive collection of news and official Harry Potter information in the world. Be sure to follow it today!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Postejeunes4_thumb

Well I’m out, but good for the UK fans.

Posted by Boy With A Lightning Scar on November 02, 2009, 07:30 AM report to moderator
Wicca_thumb

I wish I lived there, yet again.

Posted by Brosia, OoM 2 [WBM] on November 02, 2009, 07:51 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

Ok congrats for the uk fans but i why dose nothing happen in the USA!!

Posted by The Nerd on November 02, 2009, 07:56 AM report to moderator

Too bad i live in U.S. =(

Posted by madman1277 on November 02, 2009, 08:32 AM report to moderator
Image_thumb

Why was I not born British? WHAAA! Haha

Posted by Smitch on November 02, 2009, 09:13 AM report to moderator
108_thumb

Yeah for the UK fans!!!!

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on November 02, 2009, 12:13 PM report to moderator

That’s so cool! I’m just looking forward to getting my copy of the DVD :)

Posted by YoungerGranger on November 02, 2009, 12:27 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-stars_thumb

no fair!

Posted by harrygetsme on November 02, 2009, 04:57 PM report to moderator
98143829_thumb
1910 Points

Just wish I was in the UK….

Posted by Jane_Potter on November 02, 2009, 08:09 PM report to moderator
Me_desirable_1_thumb

Awesome for the UK fans!!!! I’m just looking forward to getting my copy of the DVD!!! ; )

Posted by paul_hp_fan [OoM2] *ROAR* on November 03, 2009, 12:44 AM report to moderator
Small_wizard_rock_page_logo_thumb

Ok, so I was about to comment about how I wished my HP friends actually lived a bit closer, but then I got a tad distracted by some of the daft comments here.

I find it totally bizarre that people (thankfully they’re usually in the minority) can say that “everything happens in the UK”, especially as these people usually tend to be from the US. Yes, the US, where the theme park is being built, where the HP Exhibition is now at it’s 2nd US venue, where the WB studio tour is, where 95% of all the Cons happen, where 99% of Wizard Rock concerts happen, where you get extended versions of the films on TV, where most of the competitions to win studio tours and other prizes are held.

Personally, I don’t have much of a problem with this because I understand that the US is by far the biggest market and the WB are an American company. I just wish, however, that certain people could be a bit more gracious when we in the UK do get something that isn’t available in the US. Thankfully most people within the fandom have it within themselves to be happy for others.

Posted by Neil in Scotland * ROAR! * on November 03, 2009, 01:30 AM report to moderator
Avatars_febtagline_03_thumb

We can get Sky HD in Ireland, but I just have Sky+. : (

Posted by fifi ~::~ ıɟıɟ {WBM!} {ITC!} on November 03, 2009, 04:50 AM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

i want to go but i live way to far away

Posted by alicia00 on November 03, 2009, 07:32 AM report to moderator
Dream_thumb

too bad I don’t live in the UK. . . how about some contest for those of us who living in America?!??!

House Points for Hufflepuff

• Britt_Knee *
Posted by Britt_Knee on November 03, 2009, 09:58 AM report to moderator
Me_thumb

wish i live in UK now..

Posted by alegria35 on November 03, 2009, 10:19 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

[i]Harry -- this is a Pocket Sneakoscope. If there's someone untrustworthy around, it's supposed to light up and spin. Bill says it's rubbish sold for wizard tourists and isn't reliable, because it kept lighting up at dinner last night. But he didn't real