Harry Potter Theme Song a Classic FM Favorite

Music
November 01, 2009, 12:27 PM

Radio listeners in the UK have selected Hedwig's Theme by John Williams as the all time favorite in a new poll of children's classics for station Classic FM. The PA reports the iconic main theme song for the Harry Potter films was the winner,"with youngsters choosing it ahead of other movie scores such as Jurassic Park, Pirates of the Caribbean and E.T. But more traditional classical tunes by Pachelbel and Tchaikovsky figure highly in the list unveiled on the station."

The article says that "Classic FM has almost half a million listeners under the age of 18 and is releasing an album of Children's Classics to tie in with the countdown on November 23. Darren Henley, Classic FM managing director, said: "This poll shows that age is no barrier to enjoying the world's greatest music. Classical music is as relevant a part of people's lives in the 21st century, whether they're aged eight or 88."

Leaky's Harry Potter Twitter list is the most exhaustive collection of news and official Harry Potter information in the world. Be sure to follow it today!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Music News

Dhonesheet_thumb

That score is CLASSIC!! I get tingles every time I hear it!

Posted by cghambright on November 02, 2009, 02:55 PM report to moderator
Summer_trip__09_113_thumb

du doo dududu dooo dooooooo du du dududu doo doooooo…
yup it never leave my head either. :))

Posted by HermioneWwannabe *ROAR* --%-{@ on November 02, 2009, 03:00 PM report to moderator
Kc_lucius1_thumb

lol if i could id vote for it!

Posted by KC Nox on November 02, 2009, 03:36 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lrl1fruv7m1r2jz3wo1_250_thumb

Way to go kids! Perfect vote! I love Hedwig’s Theme!

Posted by WeasleyWonder on November 02, 2009, 05:58 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_owl_main_thumb

Love it! I often catch myself whistling it :) Been trying to teach it to my birds

Posted by Owlet on November 02, 2009, 06:42 PM report to moderator

Hedwig’s theme is amazing, but i think the best soundtrack is 3 or 6, hoefully next two will be even better

Posted by madman1277 on November 03, 2009, 12:38 AM report to moderator
Me_desirable_1_thumb

Awesome!! Hedwig’s theme is a CLASSIC!! Everyone knows it’s connected to Harry Potter!

Posted by paul_hp_fan [OoM2] *ROAR* on November 03, 2009, 12:55 AM report to moderator
Dream_theater__majesty_logo_thumb

john williams knows whats up

Posted by chrisbDTM {ROÅR!} on November 03, 2009, 12:56 AM report to moderator
Closeupoftriohbp_thumb

I love that song and will have it as my ring tone when I can get to download it. I agree with the kids…it is the best!

Posted by beewell on November 03, 2009, 03:26 AM report to moderator
Lily_evans_and_severus_snape_by_aura3107_thumb

I spend my days with either the themes from HP in my head or Star Wars… both John Williams creations (the man is genius!!)

Posted by JessSnape on November 03, 2009, 04:08 AM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

i love hedwigs’s theme but to bad hedwig had to die

Posted by alicia00 on November 03, 2009, 07:34 AM report to moderator
Dream_thumb

Of course it’s a classc! It’s recognizable everywhere you go!
points for Hufflepuff

xoxo,
Britt_Knee

Posted by Britt_Knee on November 03, 2009, 09:55 AM report to moderator
Normal_dh_stills_0001_thumb

I know that this is my favortie as well! John Williams composes such beautiful music.

Posted by HPandtheDA007 on November 03, 2009, 12:30 PM report to moderator

John Williams is a genius! Am really, really hoping he is going to do the music for DH (both movies). Hedwig’s theme is the only theme for all the movies and while others have written some great music, Johns is far superior!

Posted by hewy on November 04, 2009, 03:23 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Very nice…

Posted by Won_Two on November 04, 2009, 08:00 AM report to moderator

Harry noticed that Ron's version of events changed subtly with every retelling. At first, he gave what seemed to be the truth... One week later, however, Ron was telling a thrilling tale of kidnap in which he struggled single-handedly against fifty heavil