Harry Potter Theme Song a Classic FM Favorite

Music
November 01, 2009, 12:27 PM

Radio listeners in the UK have selected Hedwig's Theme by John Williams as the all time favorite in a new poll of children's classics for station Classic FM. The PA reports the iconic main theme song for the Harry Potter films was the winner,"with youngsters choosing it ahead of other movie scores such as Jurassic Park, Pirates of the Caribbean and E.T. But more traditional classical tunes by Pachelbel and Tchaikovsky figure highly in the list unveiled on the station."

The article says that "Classic FM has almost half a million listeners under the age of 18 and is releasing an album of Children's Classics to tie in with the countdown on November 23. Darren Henley, Classic FM managing director, said: "This poll shows that age is no barrier to enjoying the world's greatest music. Classical music is as relevant a part of people's lives in the 21st century, whether they're aged eight or 88."

Leaky's Harry Potter Twitter list is the most exhaustive collection of news and official Harry Potter information in the world. Be sure to follow it today!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Music News

My ringtone for text messages. Always know when someone send me an owl…

Posted by Noble Birth Descending on November 01, 2009, 05:16 PM report to moderator

I’m glad they exposed kids to classical music. I think people underestimate how important it is.

Posted by angelvoice on November 01, 2009, 05:57 PM report to moderator
Upclose_of_me_thumb

Hedwig’s Theme is a CLASSIC!! Everyone knows that song is connected to Harry Potter….. and I mean EVERYONE! :) LOL

Posted by Half-Blood Princess66[ROAR!] on November 01, 2009, 07:03 PM report to moderator

I listened to this show and there were some great pieces chosen on there, many of which I enjoy listening to. I was so happy when John William’s score for Harry Potter was announced as number one. It’s such a rich, wonderful and popular piece.

Posted by enchantedsocks on November 01, 2009, 07:05 PM report to moderator

I love that song!! It was the first one I learned to play on my guitar when I was in fourth grade. Awwww brings back memories hahah.

Posted by YoungerGranger on November 01, 2009, 07:14 PM report to moderator
Ikonka2_thumb

Hedwig’s Theme is wonderfull song. But there are others HP themes, which I love more then Hedwig’s Theme, e.g. Buckbeak’s Flight and Possession:)

Posted by SohajFawkes on November 01, 2009, 07:30 PM report to moderator

awesome

Posted by laurenc on November 01, 2009, 07:44 PM report to moderator
250px-youre-a-wizard

I Love Harry Potter themes especially those composed by John Williams, i also like the OST of Order of the Phoenix (video game) composed by James Hannigan.

Posted by EnricoDc on November 01, 2009, 09:21 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-stars_thumb

i love that song, too :)

Posted by harrygetsme on November 02, 2009, 12:47 AM report to moderator
Kat_thumb

Cool! I think the music really sets the tone for the movies.

Posted by Mercy on November 02, 2009, 01:02 AM report to moderator
Potter07_thumb

Hedwig’s Theme is my ringtone as well, ha ha. It’s a classic now, everyone knows it’s the Harry Potter theme wherever they go. :)

Posted by accioangela on November 02, 2009, 01:19 AM report to moderator
Lunanargles_thumb

i love hedwig’s theme!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by calliet2b4g on November 02, 2009, 02:10 AM report to moderator

Whoa!!!! That’s just great! I love all the soundtracks of HP, they are so unique and wonderful, some are so chilling and spine tingling, some get you into the adrenaline rush , some are so beautifully pure, but all have one thing in common, THEY ARE SUPERB!!!!! Congratulations to every person behind this great work! You deserve this!!!! Thank goodness people can recognise and appreciatre good music when they listen to it! Love your work guys, keep it up!!!

Posted by Sanju on November 02, 2009, 03:41 AM report to moderator
98143829_thumb
1910 Points

Everytime I listen this song on TV I jump around the house screaming Harry Potter Harry Potter Harry Potter!!!!

Posted by Jane_Potter on November 02, 2009, 04:10 AM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

thats because the songs in Harry Potter are the best!!!!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on November 02, 2009, 04:44 AM report to moderator

"An' they haven't invented a spell our Hermione can' do," said Hagrid proudly, making Hermione go a brilliant shade of magenta.