Harry Potter Theme Song a Classic FM Favorite

Music
November 01, 2009, 12:27 PM

Radio listeners in the UK have selected Hedwig's Theme by John Williams as the all time favorite in a new poll of children's classics for station Classic FM. The PA reports the iconic main theme song for the Harry Potter films was the winner,"with youngsters choosing it ahead of other movie scores such as Jurassic Park, Pirates of the Caribbean and E.T. But more traditional classical tunes by Pachelbel and Tchaikovsky figure highly in the list unveiled on the station."

The article says that "Classic FM has almost half a million listeners under the age of 18 and is releasing an album of Children's Classics to tie in with the countdown on November 23. Darren Henley, Classic FM managing director, said: "This poll shows that age is no barrier to enjoying the world's greatest music. Classical music is as relevant a part of people's lives in the 21st century, whether they're aged eight or 88."

Leaky's Harry Potter Twitter list is the most exhaustive collection of news and official Harry Potter information in the world. Be sure to follow it today!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Music News

Picture_1_thumb

!!!!! Yay!!!! <3 <3 <3 Love Hedwig’s Theme.

Posted by theREALGinnyWeasley on November 01, 2009, 12:37 PM report to moderator
Picture_1_thumb

First comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hpphotoshop_thumb

I know its a classic. It never leaves my head!!

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on November 01, 2009, 12:44 PM report to moderator
Wand_thumb

I agree with the kids!

Posted by #1 Witch ROAR! on November 01, 2009, 01:04 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_70_thumb

It is just the best! I don’t think any other theme can and ever will top it.. John Williams, you are brilliant!!!

Posted by HBPFan [ITC!] - CatPhoenix14 on November 01, 2009, 01:12 PM report to moderator
Thistletopiary_thumb

I’d vote for it, too, if I were a kid :-))

Posted by bettb [ITC!] on November 01, 2009, 01:35 PM report to moderator

I love classical music!

Posted by Wingardium Leviosa ❄WBM❄ on November 01, 2009, 02:09 PM report to moderator
Luna_thumb

Nawf :]
I love this song <3

Posted by RobynAlexa on November 01, 2009, 02:22 PM report to moderator
4fb8_1__thumb

Yay
I didnt know that was going on lol :)

Posted by GryffindorGirl115 {ROAR!} on November 01, 2009, 02:25 PM report to moderator
2013-07-19_113504_thumb

It was the first song my kids wanted on their ipods!

Posted by Want to be a Weasley on November 01, 2009, 02:54 PM report to moderator
I-quote_ravenclaw0183_thumb

good music

Posted by LulubelleI {WBM} on November 01, 2009, 02:55 PM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

Very good news. Hedwig’s theme is pure awesomeness.

Posted by Mr. Brightside on November 01, 2009, 03:12 PM report to moderator
Normal_fredjorgeweasley_scarpotter_thumb

YAY!!!I love Hedwigs Theme!

Posted by Slytherin Princess ^hiss^ on November 01, 2009, 03:21 PM report to moderator
Animation_thumb

its a tie between jurassic park and harry potter themes

Posted by lilmisssnape on November 01, 2009, 03:53 PM report to moderator

I have Hedwig’s Theme as my ring tone. I love it!!!

Posted by mlc on November 01, 2009, 04:54 PM report to moderator

Marauder's Map: [i]"Mr. Prongs agrees with Mr. Moony, and would like to add that Professor Snape is an ugly git."[/i]

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014