Wizard Wrock Comes to Scotland

Fans
October 06, 2009, 09:57 AM

Wizard Wrock is coming to Scotland. Yes, for the first time the wildly popular rock music played by Harry Potter fans will be performed in the shadow of Hogwarts as The Snow Ball will be taking place Friday, December 18th. A special Yule Ball, the event will feature a raffle to benefit charity and the Harry Potter Alliance. Of interest to fans is word that the Yule Ball will also see a special appearance of The Remus Lupins as Alex Carpenter performs an acoustic set for the first ever formal Wrock event to be held in Edinburgh, Scotland, home of Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling. Also appearing will be Riddle TM, Romilda Vane and the Chocolate Cauldrons, The Black Sisters and Siriusly Hazza P. For ticket info and more on The Snow Ball, please click here to Facebook.

On a related note, a few tickets remain for Wrockstock, the huge Wizard Rock gathering that will take place here in the US next month on November 6-9th in Missouri. For more, please click here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Fans News

Me_desirable_1_thumb

Sounds like a great time! Too bad for me Scotland is on the other side of the ocean.

Posted by paul_hp_fan [OoM2] *ROAR* on October 06, 2009, 10:25 AM report to moderator
Me_desirable_1_thumb

Wow, that’s twice I’ve commented 1st on a post!!

Posted by paul_hp_fan [OoM2] *ROAR* on October 06, 2009, 10:26 AM report to moderator
Diagon_thumb

sigh i wish i could afford/ get to The Snow Ball, i’d love to see some wrock bands. being a poor student is a hard life lol, i want to see Alex dammit!!!

Posted by Sigourney♥ on October 06, 2009, 10:27 AM report to moderator
Thistletopiary_thumb

Oh, Scotland in the snow! What an awesome excuse to visit Edinburgh!

Posted by bettb [ITC!] on October 06, 2009, 10:30 AM report to moderator
Cactusmoonlow_thumb

too cool!

Posted by tucsonhermianne on October 06, 2009, 10:40 AM report to moderator
Raven_avatar_thumb

Just a wee bit out of the range of my Cessna… I’ll have to catch it online…

Posted by Won_Two on October 06, 2009, 11:54 AM report to moderator
D474f2f9722352f367d45028747f7d7d_1562290_thumb

awesome! glad to see more wrock is heading overseas!

Posted by levi-OH-sa, not levio-SA [neville♥myhero] on October 06, 2009, 12:40 PM report to moderator

Sounds like a wonderful WRock line-up!

Posted by Noble Birth Descending on October 06, 2009, 12:43 PM report to moderator
2004_hp_and_the_prisoner_of_azkaban_012_thumb

Oh my God, I seriously wish I could go! But I’m going away then, darn it!

Posted by The Gryffindor Fox - ROAR! on October 06, 2009, 12:53 PM report to moderator
I-quote_hogwarts0144_thumb

OMG OMG OMG I wonder if I could get up to Scotland then?? Oh, wouldn’t that be a great early Christmas Present. Sigh…

Posted by BewareoftheNargles {WBM} on October 06, 2009, 03:07 PM report to moderator
Small_wizard_rock_page_logo_thumb

luvthepuff, the post was referring to the fact that this is the first time a big Wrock show has been put on in Scotland. A few friends and I went to Loch Ness last year for Wrock the Loch but as far as I’m aware this will be the first formal show in Scotland.

If I’m wrong, then any errors are mine not Leaky’s as I sent them an email.

Posted by Neil in Scotland * ROAR! * on October 06, 2009, 03:37 PM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

but i dont like in soctland

Posted by alicia00 on October 06, 2009, 03:47 PM report to moderator
Hydrangeas_thumb

but i dont like in soctland

Posted by alicia00 on October 06, 2009, 03:47 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

It is wonderful that Wrock is being introduced to Europe and spreading itself internationally. The creativity and richness of this genre knows no barriers.

Posted by Kirk on October 06, 2009, 04:35 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lnohl1j5ya1qenanjo1_500_thumb

Sounds awsome!

Posted by The Nerd on October 06, 2009, 04:47 PM report to moderator

"Call him Voldemort, Harry. Always use the proper name for things. Fear of a name increases fear of the thing itself."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014